Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

Options
  • 08-01-2023 9:22am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Cheap Christmas Treats in January?

Someone with their tree still up in February?

A Christmas film on TV in the middle of March?

Fairy lights for sale in April?

Anything festive left lying around the house?

If so, this is the thread for you! Come in and let us know if you've seen something magical and festive at any random time of the year.

And photos of anything festive are always very welcome.

Post edited by Loughc on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love seeing the old reliable threads start up again...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just back from a night walk with the dogs and I saw more houses I could count still with Christmas lights on and trees up. It was lovely to see.

I imagine a lot of the people are getting one last weekend out of it and then take them down when the kids are in school.

Out here has gone into shutdown today, there was a few houses still lit up yesterday but all appear to have switched off now...

Will try to find time this week to start catching up on my Christmas podcasts... though am thinking now of maybe keeping them for a few more weeks or months as really want to try and avoid the post Christmas blues and the years I leave everything Christmas related in the rear mirror for a bit I tend to get over it better.

• Advertisement

The last tub of quality street has been opened now. It really is the end of Christmas 2022.

Found a packet of Christmas cake slices... so the party goes on for another while 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

No lights still up around here.

Put the folk’s decorations in their attic for them and got some home made Christmas cake as a reward.

Post edited by TRS30 on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nice! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Will probably take the wreath off the door tomorrow but everything else staying in situ. Wreath is held up by a cable clip so need to get a hammer out, otherwise it would have come in yesterday but I've been out all day until late each night this weekend so no opportunity yet

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭BK5

All the trees and decorations are still up all over the place in work. It's more to do with the lazy bums not getting organised to take them down! 😃

Ours are all gone, they must have tidied them all away last week before I got back. To be fair we had them up from Dec 1st so they had a good run for Christmas 2022.

I'm the opposite with the Christmas podcasts, I blast through all the ones I haven't gotten to as soon as I can, I need them more in the dark winter months post Christmas than I do spring/summer.

Every year I say I'm going to start getting into the podcasts and I never do. Maybe this year is the year!

I just find if I hanker back to Christmas it takes me longer to banish the PCB's (Post Christmas blues) and have found If i take a break and look ahead rather than back for just a few weeks it can make a huge difference. In saying that its an ongoing battle with me longing for some more Christmas this year, driven by the holiday no doubt.

I’d highly recommend them. They’re great company for days you work from home. On walks. Doing housework. I can’t get enough of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

Have you a few suggestions for podcasts Loughc or anyone else? Sounds exactly like something I’d love! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

• Advertisement

Driving home from westport earlier a house fully lit up, looked great.

Then when coming into our estate one house all still lit up too... both made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭BK5

Trees are still up and lit in work, also the Christmas table covers are still on the tables in the staff canteen.

Have been told the decorations are coming down Saturday.

Getting close to the time that any 'out of season' spottings will be harder to come by.

Always feel they're worth more later in the year though 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Milltown Inn with great Christmas decorations still up :-)

LOVE IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

The chippers still had theirs up too. My photo turned out rubbish though. If they're still up at tye weekend I'll get a pic. Yeah, warmed my heart to see those decorations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Outside one of the Disney Paris hotels last night

Love all the places still rocking decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A few houses out my way still have decorations up, and I still have my Christmas cards up on the mantle piece 🫣😉😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Saw three houses all in a row on the Rathgar Road with full decorations still up today ( tree, wreaths, indoor & outdoor lights)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement