Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America executes trans inmate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Would have thought that was a basic.

Cant be overly complicated to give an overdose of barbiturates though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It is when you don't know how to do it. It's why so many have failed over the last number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ireland can't be compared to the USA.

The USA is a huge world power, nuclear power, innovator, space explorer, country ... It is diverse, has 66 times the population of Ireland, can't go crying to the UK or EU for direction or protection.

Edit ...

So, we've got a legal, law and enforcement system from the last century. It's going to need a radical overhaul to cater for the problems we currently have and the huge changes coming in the next decades.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The only involvement of a medical professional is to insert the IV line.

any further involvement would be a huge breqch of medical ethics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I'm not saying that the death penalty fixes anything. Just that's the context in which it exists. The USA may be the first world in terms of gdp alright but there are large geographical areas that are more similar to the developing world. And unlike most countries there is no cohesive national identity, culture or sense of community that covers the whole country, its a country made up of factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Given my own experience of having blood tests by professionals over the years I'm not surprised somebody occasionally inserting a line might have difficulty.

Veins can be tricky to find, particularly in substance abusers I'd imagine.

One of the complaints about lethal injection is that it's done by people who don't know how to inject, along with them not knowing how to administer the drugs. The problem isn't just difficulty finding the veins, it's not uncommon for the muscle to be injected due to the person simply not knowing what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yet again, please read up on what has actually happened, rather than making guesses and assumptions about what you think should happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You can’t distinguish between any human when it comes to medical testing. Your suggestion that any human should be used as a medical test subject without their consent is absolutely vile, and worthy of the Mengle comparison. You’re in absolute Nazi territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

While still a man , they stalked , harassed and eventually raped and murdered their ex girlfriend and disposed of her body in a river .

They began their transition in Prison. Amber McLaughlin according to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Plenty of concentration camp inmates were "convicted" of something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Gusser09

As I've said the bleeding heart liberals need to stop trying to make the argument that the death penalty isn't a deterrent. It was never about being a deterrent. It was about punishment and removing dangerous people from society. I believe in the death penalty for the most heinous of crimes. It's a just tool.

We let murderers out of prison here. Some after as little as 15 years. No that to me is a lot more insane and archaic as the death penalty.

You'll have to show me where I said that, Joe.

Your claim that those who agree with the death penalty just have a macabre interest in someone being killed, without including any other context, is a load of disingenuous shyte (and insulting to the perpetrators' victims) and I merely refuted it.

I personally don't agree with the death penalty - I'd prefer life in prison, but please don't exclude the fact that people who support the death penalty support it because the sentenced are serial killers, sexual torturers and child abusers. Their crimes would haunt you. I mean, THEY'RE the macabre ones yet you didn't even mention them in your claim? Such dishonesty (which you followed up with even more dishonesty by claiming I said something which I didn't say whatsoever).

If she was a baseball player I’m sure it would have said “baseball player executed “

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

" What's trans got to do , got to do with it ? "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Not enough scum are given the death penalty.

every Max sentence in Ireland could do with adding 5years to the time and a lot more enforcement of it.

plenty of peadophiles and child sex offenders walking amongst us that could injected and they wouldn’t be a loss.

"We" think nothing of celebrating people who killed children with bombs? Fanatics aren't "we" in fairness. And the rest don't think nothing of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Vic_08

It always baffles me how much the bleeding heart handwringers emote on behalf of every scumbag criminal in sight yet don't blink an eye about the pain and misery inflicted on crime victims.

One-punch assaults are regularly life ruining events, just not for the perpetrators, but then they are the only ones who you give a flying fukk for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Wgat happens to their corpses after lethal injection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I don’t care about criminals and have no sympathy for them. But I don’t believe in torture or murder for any human being. End of,.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I understand where you are coming from and find those crimes abhorrent and disgusting and if I was a family member of a victim I would no doubt feel that it was deserved but emotion has no place in the penal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I'm wondering about the title of this thread - why did you use the word "trans"? Is the fact of them being trans in any way relevant to the decision to imprison and execute them?

If not (and I guess it's not relevant) please do not try to besmirch trans people in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

After watching a documentary on UK TV on the abduction and murder of the child Sarah Payne which had extensive interviews with the family inc brothers of Sarah where they described how she was abducted while they were with her in a park and saw the killer drive off and wave at them as he drove off with Sarah I agree with the death penalty in certain cases such as that one. I'll never forget the pain etched on her brothers faces as they described what happened so much so I wish I never watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Same with that scumbag Aaron Campbell in Scotland a few years ago. He would be a prime candidate for the death penalty. The world does not need people like him living and breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Th afterlife is a less difficult transition anyways just snap and one less person one more.. slug trail? In this life.

I agree. I just understand where the anger comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

It's one way of ensuring that someone getting out on a plea of insanity is actually insane, if not before the repeal, they would certainly be after a few months of their new sentence.

Don't think they're doing that. It's a first, which is why it's being mentioned in reports. Why would it be besmirching trans people as a whole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,911 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can see the arguments on both sides for the death penalty.

But I certainly have a problem with cruel and unusual methods, drugs that may not work or linger, electrocution that may cause prolonged agony etc. Death by hanging, as we used to do it on this side of the Ocean, does not guarantee a swift demise either.

All executions should be the simplest, quickest and most effective way known. Five crack shots with five precision rifles, loaded randomly with four bullets and one blank round, fired at a small target over the offenders heart.

Ready, aim, fire, dead.

Advertisement