Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MITB Saturday 1st July in UK

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

“Roman Reigns is not unbeatable! Roman Reigns is human!”

Incredible call, to an incredible finish. The Bloodline is up there with Austin vs McMahon as an, if not the, greatest all time stories. Top level performance from all involved. The wrestlers, the commentary and the crowd.

”tribal wanker” is an incredible chant too 😂

Thought the event was amazing. Not a mad fan of Priest, if im honest, but can why they went that way. Sky winning was brilliant.

Just a great show though. Really, really great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With no televised event on Sunday, Iyo Sky is guaranteed to be the second longest reigning Ms Money in the Bank at a minimum 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So WrestleMaina goes Bizarro will be the tag for WM41or 42 if they decide to come to London.

I wonder what kind of tax break the City of London will give them because isn't that huge part of which city the WWE pick for WrestleMania's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe I missed it but was that turn by Shayna teased at all in the match? Like did Ronda accidentally hit her? Otherwise seemed like a "Let's get this story moving" move.

Glad Iyo won.

Looked like either Ric or Logan rushed that spot as they seemed to be struggling to get in position and didn't look like Logan was ready, at least.

Not sure how it was live, but both members of LWO seemed to get no reaction, except maybe when Santos stopped Logan or when Selina hit the Code Red (with Wade mentioning Amazing Red).

Thought we would get a promo attempt from Dom but nope. No dedication from Cody, not changing his tattoo to a Union Jack. 😀

Would it not have made more sense for Damien to come out at the end as well? Now that they're making a big deal of Jey pinning Roman, guess that means he won't be beating him.

Cool to get the surprise appearance from Cena. Wonder if he's around there working on a film or something. Liked Waller's response to being "W*nker".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great show and it being on at a reasonable time here helped.

I'd have preferred LA knight to win the MITB briefcase but if not him then Damien priest is a very good choice also. That ricochet Logan Paul bump through the tables though was scary.

women’s tag titles was good and interesting that shayna turned on Rhonda and I was sure Raquel was turning on liv.

Gunther and riddle was more competitive than I’d have liked and I’m convinced someone is ribbing riddle because he looked ridiculous. Nice to see drew back.

Cody and Dominic was fine and to his credit Dominic held up his end of the match and his didn’t look out of place. Rhea being at ringside helped.

the women’s MITB was great with a very inventive finish and glad IYO won. And credit to Trish stratus for doing her share of bumps around ladders.

The Seth and Finn match was good but the stink off the title been seen as a secondary runner up world title doesn’t help me at least care who holds it.

the bloodline stuff is just beautiful. Roman reigns is on another level and the match did start to drag but then they kicked into gear and had a great finish and I agree Michael Cole had a great call at the end.

I think wade barret did a great job also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Triple H wasn't exactly too committal when it came to Mania in London but you'd have to imagine they wouldn't have Cena go out there and hype it up like that without some sort of inkling it's happening.

Mania is on the all time bucket list so really hope it does happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not that he really needed it but it was the cheap pop by saying about Mania. He was probably told to go out and hype the people but not given instructions as to how.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not a happy Tribal Chief W@nker

Epic storytelling, Oscar worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On the day it was announced that Droz passed away and watching that Spainish fly spot Logan Paul was very lucky he didn't end up and quadriplegic after landing on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very good trip over, OnLocation was expensive but it worked out very well (Priority Entrance was great and even the free hat was nice even if it has a 'Union Jack' on it ha). View from the Block 417 was amazing. My god the service for pints was slow as **** and thank god I decided against it as I would of ended up missing 'Drews return' (I missed most of the IC match)

Both MITB matches were great esp the Mens which had some amazing spots. Would of loved too see LA Knight (the most over guy of the weekend) win but Priest is an ok winner and the story is starting to show with Finn not letting him cash in. Iyo Skye deserved the win and pretty good storytelling with Bayley. Match of the night for me was the Bloodline Civil War' the close calls were amazing. No way did I expect Roman to take the pin. The whole Arena were on the edge of there seats for the whole match. Disappointed no Brock (after all the BS rumours) but Cena and Drew appearing was great. The Shayna turn was odd but looking forward too seeing her vs Ronda. Cody vs Dom was good (Mami is a star), enjoyed the Seth vs Finn match but think the crowd were a little jaded at that point though the sing along was hilarious.

Roll on AEW in Wembley in August. So will London get Wrestlemania or was it a publicity stunt to piss off AEW ?. I'd do everything in my power to make a UK Mania as would a lot here I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yup. Exactly.

Cena wouldn't have mentioned it unless told to mention it. It's wwe teasing it.

I've read people online say ohh it was John cena going off script. That's not how wrestling works. That's not an example of going off script.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Start saving now

Could they be bringing in a new concept like 'Wrestlemania International' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Maybe when Wrestlemania definitely happens in London, Dublin will get that TV taping that hhh promised us 15 years ago, because wrestlers would never lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Great photos man.

What is striking is the number of empty seats ringside for the main event. Mental

Advertisement