Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MITB Saturday 1st July in UK

Options
  • 05-01-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Just saw on facebook that thus years Money in the Bank PPV is fro the O2 Arena in London

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted with the news and planning the trip as we speak

Tickets are going to be a lot harder to get as will hotels/flights etc at a cheap price. Maybe a nap on a airport floor might be an idea

Announcement came out of the blue, 2 days after the Dublin House show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats awesome that it's a proper big event like that. CotC was obviously a big step forward, but getting the MITB will nearly guarantee some proper big time moments. They were obviously very happy with the reception they got last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool. Should be a class atmosphere but surprised they didn't go to a bigger arena/stadium. They sold 60k-ish tickets easily for the Wales show. 02 arena is only 20k. Can never rely on weather in this part of the world though so I suppose they don't want to risk a wash-out, even in July.

The bigger stadiums in London have events on already

Few cheap enough hotel options around atm. Town called 'Barking' has one at £58 per night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought they said they weren't doing the event this year and would have the matches during Mania.

• Advertisement

£££ talks

This is going to be very much different too Cardiff as there won't be the 'full city feel' with London been so massive and big scale events happening around the city most of the time there during the summer

Then the capacity of the venue is a lot smaller, be some slog for tickets but I'll try my hardest. MITB is up there with the Rumbles as the best things about the WWE year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nah, Triple H said in a media thing that he wanted to get rid of hell in a cell and tlc, because he didn't like the forced setup, but things like mitb and elimination chamber would stay as fixture matches. Twitter clickbait **** like Xeronews then stretched it to "MITB PPV CANCELLED~~~~~"

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jo187

Have flights and accommodation booked. Will get the cheapest seats going don't care just be cool to be there

Had a $360 (approx €330) silver package in the cart but no avail at checkout sadly and now No 'single' tickets left

Will give it my best shot in the WWE presale and if needs be the general one. Such a pity they couldn't give it a go in one of the many stadiums in London. Wembley is booked on the night but could easily of done Spurs stadium or the Etihad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Surprised they didn’t go with the Spurs stadium myself.

A couple of sites are reporting ticket pricing is going to be crazy high even for the nose bleeds.

• Advertisement

Expecting to be paying at least £120-£200 and trying to prepare that amount

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Have accom and flights booked myself - hoping tickets wont be too dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd say a lot higher based on the price that CATC was. Going to be tough to get tickets here. Be interesting when AEW run too.

Pro tip, book this for after the show

Grab a beer, sit outside and cruise up the Thames by big Ben and under the tower bridge, perfect end to a night.

Or spend an hour in the queue for the tube in an enclosed space with a group of people not renowned for their hygiene......

Your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EKeaveney

Hey everyone,

Has anybody received an E-mail back from WWE after signing up to the presale? Just wondering if we should have got one. Cheers!

You don't get an acknowledgement email. You should receive an email with a specific code a few days before the sale

Happy I'm sorted and I get a free hat for my troubles too 😀

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You went with the silver package? Pricey enough.

Yeah it is but I'll cherish that damn hat and lanyard

Suppose getting a hotel room so cheap for the night makes up for the ticket cost and I'll make the most of the experience

Flights next on the agenda, pity Cityjet are gone. Be do handy to fly into London City Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EKeaveney

• Advertisement

Flight prices not friendly

Got a BA Dublin to London City Airport for €62 one way for morning of the event

Definitely will have to look elsewhere for the return journey on the 2nd July. Gatwick seems the cheapest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can't recommend this highly enough btw, well worth a few extra quid and a great way to unwind after

The best way to see any city built on a river is by boat, it's how the original planners designed it. Chicago, Berlin, Dublin, Prague, New York, I've done them all.

Or you can be stuck on a sweaty tube between 2 20 stone lads in 2 sizes too small Alexa Bliss hoodies trying to sing Rollins theme music .......

Might give it a pass now

If rumours are true, and WWE is going to the Saudis, I'd feel **** for supporting them, but it also likely coincides with Vince running creative again, which is not good.

We'll see what the future holds regarding this event, suppose if it's cancelled I'll get my $$ back

Doubt it will happen but be some laugh if AEW announce there show for the same weekend, plenty of options for them

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jo187

It's February and no announcement on tickets sale date. I know it's still a bit away but like to get my ticket as know it's going to sell out.

• Advertisement

CATC was officially announced last March (name wasn't revealed til a few weeks after) and tickets didn't go sale till May. Wonder are they still working out a few logistics because its in the middle of a Live Event tour with both on the road. SD Crew in Dublin 29th June but no show scheduled yet for the 30th. Hardly tape a Episode of SD in the O2 the night before MITB (I'd be miffed as my flights are booked for the 1st July ha)

Bit the bullet and got one of the 'On Location Silver Packages' for MITB. Worked out around €370/$390. Feel the tickets could be over £100 anyway and will a lottery to get them esp with the capacity. Prices for the package now start at $425

Hard not to be mad at myself for paying that much but YOLO and It'd be disappointing missing out. Hopefully back to stadiums in 2024 with less pressure on ticket demand.

Advertisement