Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nobody cares about Covid anymore"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Probably wouldn’t be as co-operative alright, we had much more draconian measures than almost everywhere else.

UHL is currently struggling, and it’s summertime. It’s going to be scandalous again this winter. Even now, after a pandemic that shut down the country for years with far tougher restrictions than elsewhere, the Government still won’t tackle fundamental issues with the health sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

We had a weird mix of doing things like not closing international borders for ages, so you could go on holidays, but closing things like building sites which are mainly outside. Internal travel impossible to police. People weren't locked into their homes for two year no matter what they complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This is literally you 12 posts previous in this thread:

I thought posting rubbish was too but you are still posting here.

Some neck on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

covid threads rearing their head again... oh god

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

remember taping up the beaches and playgrounds

utter derangement

Control, fear, locked in their homes. This is all peoples head. We were never locked in our homes. You could always head to the local shop, go out ramble around the local park. 99.9% you'd never seen enforcement.

Ireland never been great at following rules. Can't even form a queue for a bus. Never mind obeying rules that didn't ever exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

We had some beautiful weather during covid, and couldn't do anything with it.

Remember the cops dancing at empty beauty spots in clear blue skies, you know, to cheer us up...

Yet if we tried that we got fined.

And that's just the tip of the stupid covid iceberg.

Got reactivated by anti lock downer comment...again.

There's an irony in people saying no one cares about COVID but can't stop themselves talking about it.

If people don't care about it they should stop posting about it.

• Advertisement

The "anti-lockdowners" need to keep you "pro-lockdowners" in check, otherwise well be back to square one all over again.

So in fairness, you guys started it.

Lockdown in Ireland...

"The Office of Public Works reported Phoenix Park, Dublin, was “extremely busy” on Sunday with all car parks “near capacity” at about lunch time.

After a Garda request, and in a bid to control numbers going to the park, the Chapelizod Gate was closed until 6pm.

Gardaí Turn Away Visitors And Tow Cars In Wicklow Mountains...

Fingal County Council reported its parks were “extremely busy” on Sunday...

Donabate beach was also very busy, as well as the nearby north Dublin beachside suburbs of Malahide and Portmarnock, where the car parks were congested.

Other locations such as Sandymount in south Dublin and Howth in north Dublin were also very busy with day-trippers.

Actually its anti lock downer who restarted it. If people have keep resorting to inventing restrictions that never even existed, constantly referring to the past.

They might want to consider its they who haven't moved on.

You're admitting that the cops pointlessly shut down beauty spots.

They closed the gates because they were too FULL. At one point there was a two hour to get out of the park.

It's why they moved the on path cycle lanes to the road in the phoenix park. Too many people on them. Was a safety hazard of collisions. This was during lockdown. Parks never been busier.

Well I finally agree with you on something.

Enjoy your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

They should have tested patients for Covid and whether or not they had it should have determined what happened next.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not that simple. Testing capacity was extremely scarce. People could test negative today and be positive by the time get to nursing home. What was supposed to happen was that the transferred patients were to be isolated and observed after transfer until could be certain clear of infection. The question is whether that was communicated, whether it was followed by nursing homes, or whether they were unable to for resources \ capacity reasons - or tried but to due limited infection controls (masks were also scarce) infections still spread.

I'll just mention that in passing - this was all discussed on the 'reflections on the pandemic thread' and am happy to discuss further there.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I do not want to derail or continue the discussion. This is the sort of thing that should have provided a permanent lesson, just as rail and air crashes lead to permanent changes in operating procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Lol.

' Be the nail'.. Is that how you see yourself? Thinking of another bit of carpentry here!

I won't be rude because unlike you I don't resort to name calling but your standing firm as you see it, followed on by the reference to 'authoritarian diktats' explains more than all of your posts on the thread.

Goid luck to you.

Ah, I see the covid church is in session...

Carry on guys, feel free to continue talking amongst yourselves, you're with friends now.

Still isn't going to change the fact that covid is over and no one cares about it or your opinions, statistics, facts, etc.

Yes it was pretty obvious that there is a body of opinion on covid which doesnt care about facts or stastistics and is reflected in how wrong their opinions are... and contrary to the experts in the WHO, CDC et al.

How wrong eh?

Can't you tell that no one cares about you facts?

Despite you facts the entire world has moved on, no one cares about covid any more.

No one cares about Covid anymore, you say in post after post... actions speak louder than words.

It is obvious you are protesting that a little too much.

They are not my facts, they are the facts cited by the major global health authorities in the world and experts in the relevant fields.

If you don't care, why are you still posting about covid? Refighting debates that your body of opinion lost in 2020 and 2021 as globally restrictions were deployed to keep covid in check and you were subject to them. And that body of opinion was wrong and lost precisely because you didn't care about facts. Your opposition to the necessary restrictions was not based on facts or statistics.

The restrictions served their purpose. If you are so certain the world has moved on and no one cares about covid any more, why are you still having to debate the point here? Why are there still headlines in the media about covid?

The people getting covid in the recent surge sure care about it, if it floors them.

The medical staff who will have to treat those cases when they roll around in winter will have no option but to care.

The people who will line up to be vaccinated in autumn still care about it.

The people who test themselves or avoid vulnerable people when unwell still care about it.

I was in a restaurant last week and ordered the soup. When the bill came it was only €6.50 and I was horrified, but luckily the quick thinking waitress noted that I still had time to order a pot of tea. This put the bill over €8 and thus the covid was foiled, I was able to pay my bill and leave without killing anybody.

In honour of that waitress, at 8pm the following evening I stepped onto my balcony and had a little clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

remember them telling us the hospitals were full ; yet the nurses still had time to get on with their dancing 😉

think Gems tried to get into a hospital to document the so-called "full to capacity" krankenhauses, but don't think she was let in 😓😒

not to mention the constabulary (absent facemasks) in first 'stay at home lockdown' stopping folk left, right and centre , grilling them on their travel plans with absolutely no lawful basis for it 😒😒

and the great and good going on their shindigs - playing golf, meeting up, drinking away, and nowt happened to em; but a fella in Longford gets fined ~€2,000 for supplying fast food to some celebration or other (a wedding I think) 😒 😆😪

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So they decided places that serve food could open. The balance of people have to eat and hospitality needs something more than total lockdown .

To establish the extent of who could open and to ensure crisps were not purchased with a feed of pints they decided to go with the 9 euro.

I am sure you were deliberately joking but I've been surprised the number of people who actually remember it as "a 9 euro meal keeps COVID away".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and we won.

our arguments based on actual fact were accepted by the majority, even though nobody is or was pro-lock down.

you lost, you had plenty of opportunity to put forward your arguments and they were crap and non-factual, get over it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement