Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nobody cares about Covid anymore"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Jesus, we are now denying that the fear of god wasn't pumped into us by our health bureaucrats, politicians, and media (who were kept alive by the ad spend from those health bureaucrats)...shameful...the virus turned out not to be anywhere near as dangerous as is was purported to be...and experts should have known that based on the evidence that was available to them all at the time, the Diamond Princess was a ship with over 4,000 people on board that suffered an outbreak in Feb 2020, the data from that event was free to everyone and all governments.

McConkey, the nutter who claimed it was going to take 120,000 lives, who became a household name throughout the two year period, also claimed on National Airwaves not to know who Jon Ionnidis ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ioannidis ), the worlds leading expert in epidemiology was...

Never forget how deviant media outlets were, how the so called "experts" who were consistently wrong on their projections were, and what happened to the experts who tried to calm the madness of that period were treated, never forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How does that support your previous claim?

You claimed no member of the government said that most cases would be false.

Your claim was demonstrated to be false. With reference to an address to the nation by An Taoiseach on national TV.

Now you are just throwing out random half truths in an obvious smokescreen.

Further proof of the falsehood of your claims. The rewriting of history you are attempting here is entirely false and without merit or foundation. But apparently, we are the ones suffering 'hysteria', which now seems to be a slogan that appears in your posts like punctuation, even when demonstrably false.

Varadkar further repeated the claim in a his St Patricks Day address, with a TV audience of 1.59 million people

"The vast majority of us who contract Covid-19 will experience a mild illness… but some will be hospitalised and sadly some people will die."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/covid-ireland-speech-most-watched-26047672

Post edited by odyssey06 on

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

So they knew all along the vast majority would be only mildly affected, they knew it was mostly the elderly and vulnerable, but instead of isolating and supporting those they forced children to wear masks in school.

Why go vaccinating 5 years olds ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Because you can't just isolate the elderly and vulnerable. And all the people they live with. The argument has been done to death on multiple threads, usually in reference to the Great Barrington Declaration which is silent or fantastical on the practicalities of what protecting the vulnerable in an open society means.

And what this has to do with "nobody cares above covid anymore" is anybody's guess.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

They did a lot worse than that...they took every kid out of school, cancelled all social outlets, sports and activities...for a virus that would barely affect them if at all!! And that was cheered by people!!!

Parents used to ground kids who were bold back when I was young, a day or two depending on the offence, and we wonder why children self harming has become a huge issue now.

• Advertisement

To get back on topic, nobody does care about COVID anymore. We've now gotten through a winter without any need for restrictions/masks or other nonsense.

We're finally living with COVID and moving on despite some protests from a very vocal minority.

They closed beaches and forest parks, told us stay at home.

They could have told us go out and exercise and get fit.

They could have pushed the message that COVID is good at killing fat people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Whats happened now is some are reluctant to wear masks on public transport during peak Winzer transmission, or go into work coughing and splattering .

cultural behaviors didnt change much,some sensible ones haven't been adopted due to stubborness and I guess a reaction to over strict regulations previously.

It's a pity.

Why can't you isolate them?

Or put in another way. My elderly relatives stayed at home, we delivered stuff to them, but we couldn't stop in the forest on the way home for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Didn't Tony Holohan and his mates say at one stage that the public weren't as scared as they should be? Something like that? No hysteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Spot on.

You had to have a "pass" to sit in a cafe and eat a sandwich. For a "mild virus" for most of us.

I think you are right, brainwashed is the only term for it!

And now we have multiple viruses circulating and to even suggest sporadic mask wearing now is being shot down by the CMO and the government.

It's too funny, masks work (supposedly) but let's not bother with them this time.

The only way to isolate the vulnerable was to isolate absolutely everybody, young, old everything inbetween...it's the science!!! Quarantine healthy people, make them que up for tests for a virus they may or may not have!

It was nuts when you think back...insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭patnor1011

You forgot "substantial meal", that was something. 🤣

I still don't get why I was told stay at home instead of being told to get out and get fit.

It was a unique chance for a lot of people to get fit as they would never have the time again but we were told forget it.

At one point we had cops going around forest parks ticketing cars outside whatever stupid distance rule was in place. 5kms I think it was.

You couldn't touch the flag stick on a golf course in case bold COVID was stuck to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So Kingston Mills an experienced immunologist is" wrong " ? He is a very calm considered person who has never been on the side of zero Covid . All you can say about him, is he is apparently something called an " anti - relaxer " according to you which is a new makey up slight.

What even is that ? On second thoughts , don't want to know ....

You do know that all variants whether sub or not can take on different characteristics . They aren't all getting milder and milder . Some are becoming more immune evasive and infectious as a result which obviously places older or vulnerable people at risk . Evading treatments and drugs that were previously used to treat those most at risk from even the mildest infection.

This is what he said and I think most reasonable people would understand that and appreciate his input .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just wear a mask FFS.

That was a long time ago and a lot changed since then ..

You are Leo's biggest fan now, aren't you ?

He is fully rehabilitated in your eyes because he hasn't reintroduced masks ....so why are others eg. scientists , not given the same benefit ?

Maybe it's time to move on from those initial early reports when the what , where and how of Covid was only being learnt about and studied.

Sure , we could look up those early posts by some here for a laugh too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Ye are right lads, there was no hysteria at all..

• Advertisement

Haha, that was gas alright 😊

And the pods for concerts...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Every time I hear about how successful severe restrictions and other measures were I'm always reminded of this quote

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

I could equally claim there would have been even less deaths without severe lockdowns but that would be a bit daft as there is no evidence to the effectiveness of lockdowns or other such measures.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Oh lord, I almost forgot about those sheep pens they had for that concert.

While at the same time the euro soccer finals were kicking off with big crowds, games we were due to host but fcuked away because too many Irish people were stuck in a COVID trance, having been beaten into submission by NPHET, the government and the media.

And the telephone boxes for cutting peoples hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭emo72

Poor James Vincent McMorrow. He was done. I think he knew at the time something wasn't right. Looking back on it now I get the impression he's sick about it. He was used

I was an essential worker during Covid and one glorious summers evening I decided to go home via Sally Gap and a guard stopped me up there. I had my “papers” to show I was an essential worker but utterly ridiculous anyway. There wasn’t another person around for possibly 20 Kms!

Look at the three clowns laughing! That’s what gets me, they didn’t even believe that **** themselves, just having the “craic”.

And those poor people paid good money for the privilege.

• Advertisement

Could have kept the pubs open if we made them " mobile phone boxes "!

I' ll get my coat ....👀

Advertisement