Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone mention why would Ross "murder" his mother Diane, any talk of him as a possible late recruit

All Everyday "Harry I can't believed you haven't been murdered" then why not consider him a bloody traitor

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

They must know there's still at least one traitor, because Zack was murdered, and Jasmine was Faithful, so there has to still be at least one traitor still in play.

If they take out Evie at round table, they know she's faithful, that leaves it 2 on 2, Harry's only win strategy is to take out Andrew at that point, he'd need to get Jaz on board with that (Mollie will follow easily). Then down to Jaz, Mollie and Harry, I don't know that Jaz would be able to convince Mollie to vote out Harry at that stage, so it'd be either the three of them or just Mollie and Harry to finish up.

On the other hand, Harry could try to take out Andrew at the round table, or vice versa, if either go then the table might be satisfied that they were the final traitor, so it could end with Mollie, Evie, Jaz and a traitor.

It's all on Andrew or Harry to take it home, it can't be both unless the faithful royally feck it up. Andrew and Harry could still both mess it up for themselves, so it could be a faithful win, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I think for the show to reach the same climax as last year they need Jaz to speak up and state the facts he knows at the final table and to try sway Evie, Mollie is a sheep.

I find the remaining faithful's too weak, especially when Mollie comes out with stuff like, I know your 100% faithful Harry. WTF.

Maybe the final twist will revolve around Andrew and Harry but I think the show needs some unexpected drama to be classed as a successful season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mollie is so blindsided by Harry. Very naïve. I am almost wishing for her and Harry to be the last 2 and he then to take the cash as the winner.

But at least her and Evie are starting to speak up. Am looking forward to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think Jaz has been keeping fairly quiet just to increase his chances of making it to the final, but he has to lay his cards on the table tonight. He could pretty easily convince Evie that Harry must be a Traitor, because if the thing about either Evie or Jasmine murdering Harry not realising he had the shield isn't true (which Evie should now know it can't be if Jasmine was a faithful and she's a faithful), then the only answer left is that Harry was a Traitor and they recruited that night and used the shield as cover.

If Jaz can convince Evie, and he knows Mollie likely won't sway from Harry, he'll have to get Andrew as the third vote, which means Andrew has a chance to get rid of Harry and make it in as the final Traitor, at which point they may not pick up on Andrew being a Traitor. If anything, there could be more suspicion on Jaz.

It could go a lot of different ways tonight. I think a Traitor will win, and it'll probably be Harry (in which case he deserves it anyway, he's played a brilliant game), but if Jaz has done the maths right and realises there are two traitors (I've no hope for Evie and Mollie to figure anything out), then it's hard to see what will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Sono

Exactly, the faithfuls haven’t once discussed it at all, Zack was the only one who may have twigged it so once he left that was that.

Post edited by Sono on

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

Disappointing episode. Far too predictable. You have to question why some of the Faithful, Mollie in particular, were selected for the show. They've been awful. Nobody has questioned why the Traitors didn't murder Harry last night.

Jaz has to go for Harry before Andrew is voted out. If Harry is still in play when/if Andrew is voted out then the game is over. If Jaz goes for Harry at the round table, Andrew and Evie could easily side with Jaz, and Harry will be under serious pressure for the first time in the game.

Andrew would be in a very strong position here but for Ross. Aside from Ross' remarks, his name has barely been mentioned since he became a Traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Echoing your point on Mollie. I was only thinking this last night. They should get more vocal opiniated people on the show that are not afraid to speak their minds. It would make for far more interesting Round Table banishments.

More people like Zack would have made the show better. Too many sheep, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

They're typically murdered early on.

Evie and Mollie are pointless on the show. Andrew has been incredibly dull even as a traitor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm enjoying Andrew. It's almost written on his face that he hates being a traitor, it's just not in his nature. But yet he got into the part reasonably quickly. I loved the part when he was recruited and then he and Paul and Harry looked at each other and none of them were happy 😁.

It doesn't bother Harry at all, being a traitor, which I like as well. If he wins, it's fair enough, he has played a good game. And Mollie actually saying repeatedly how she trusts him - that amuses me too.

I don't want someone to win who has coasted through, but if everyone at the table was equally shouty, I think I wouldn't find it as enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Too many "vocal opinionated people" on the show though, and all you end up with is shouting and noise rather than just people arguing their case and genuinely working as a team to find traitors. I think the show works best when it's a genuine group of different types of people.

It can definitely be true that the more vocal and louder personalities get voted off or murdered quicker, but that's all part of the game. Mollie and Evie both made it to the final by doing pretty much nothing, but then again, the point of the game is making it to the final to try and win. There are benefits to staying in the background. Even Jax has stayed in the shadows since Paul left, and that seems to have very much been his plan. I don't think any of them are afraid to speak their minds, it's more that once two or three of the more vocal ones start arguing back and forth, it can dominate the entire discussion to the point where there's not much they can or should say.

Some of the other international versions of Traitors I've watched, there can be too many "personalities" in the show and it tips the balance in an awful way where it can start to feel very forced and performative. Some of the Traitors may as well have been twirling a moustache and murdering faithfuls by tying them to traintracks because they were so cartoonish, and some of the Faithfuls may as well have been acting like Columbo revealing how they've so cleverly deducted who the Traitors are even though they get it wrong every single time.

The show works best when it's real people, and the truth is nobody knows how someone is going to actually act in the house once they're under the pressure of being separated from friends and family, being accused of being a traitor, how they might act if they are a traitor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

@Necro id be up for a werewolf game. It’s been too long.

Gotta say I’m rooting for Harry as he’s played his role well. Only spanner is his works could be Jaz but I don’t know if he’d have enough pull with Evie & Molly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Too many "vocal opinionated people" on the show though, and all you end up with is shouting and noise rather than just people arguing their case and genuinely working as a team to find traitors. I think the show works best when it's a genuine group of different types of people.

Exactly. As I said upthread if it was all shouty people at the table, it wouldn't be half as enjoyable for me. And in any situation, you will have people who are very vocal, and you will have people who will hold back, for various reasons.

I admit Jaz was frustrating me a bit at the beginning. He had sussed Paul, if I remember correctly but wasn't saying much, although he did say it to Harry. He has Harry sussed for what seems like ages, but I can see why he is not saying very much.

And he has made it to the final. If any of the faithful are to win, I think he would be the most deserving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Good point re Evie - she 100% has all the information to figure out that Harry is a traitor, if her and Jaz can talk about it, it might end up with Andrew having the casting vote in which case he'd surely throw Harry to the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭archfi

I'd be ok with Jaz winning if Harry can't, but not Mollie or Evie or Andrew.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Well for Jaz to win, either Mollie or Evie would have to win with him at a minimum. If it gets down to a Faithful and Traitor at the end (eg. Jaz and Harry), Harry wins because their votes cancel each other out.

Correct! I like Jaz, at least he's attempted to play but yes, one or both of the NPC's would have to win with him so COME ON HARRY!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Yeah, and I'd say if Evie twigs on that it's Harry (with or without help from Jaz), she'd deserve it more than Mollie. Mollie hasn't even been questioned at all at the roundtable, at least Evie had to defend herself and will probably have to do so again in the first roundtable tonight.

It's Harry's to lose at this point, though remains to be seen if he'll take Andrew with him, or throw him out as a sacrifice to make the others think they got the last Traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I think Andrew needs to have a chat with Harry and make it clear that if Harry turns on him, Andrew will take him down too - that way, once it gets to 2v2, Harry might be happy with half of the money instead of bussing Andrew

Has Mollie perhaps a wee crush on Harry, she is very under his influence or is it all a play to get to the final then she turns on him

I'd love Andrew who Harry under estimates to turn on him, get him out even though Harry has played a great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

I'd be so clear with the other traitor at this stage. Mutual assured destruction - try to take me down and I'll reveal you.

The safe smart play from Harry is to split it with Andrew. Wilf got greedy last year and left with nothing. Harry should split it with Andrew and be happy with his lot.

Also, why the **** would you not take the 7k? (yesterdays challenge)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

The ultimate final would be Mollie saying “ha ha it was all an act” “Harry you’re a traitor” ta-dah 😀

Im looking at this from a TV production and editing perspective-I think he’ll be gone - he won’t win -he’s over exposed - something will happen tonight that will make another faithful twig something

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thats what I thought Mollie was doing but after last night I think she is just totally taken in by Harry and even if he walked into the room with "Traitor" tattooed on his forehead she still wouldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Hi, sorry if it has been mentioned.

Would like to watch this from the start. I have Virgin but it seems BBC only allows recording of future episodes and not recording from the beginning of the series. Are the episodes on you tube or elsewhere?

ITV really are promoting this well for a show on BBC, more promotion from them than BB or Love Island get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Mollie is going to be absolutely devastated when she discovers Harry is traitor....it will be TV gold...her heart will shatter in front of all us.

I wonder if Harry will get emotional at any point.

It will be down to 3.....Mollie, Harry and Jaz....Jaz will then turn on Harry. Hopefully, he can turn Mollie.

Both Mollie and Jaz to win.

• Advertisement

The finger pointing, claim and counter-claim and psychological warfare should be *fingers crossed* epic tonight!

Advertisement