Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭archfi

Mollie was blinded by Harry’s cherubic face!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Could be explained away as reckoning he could get a bigger share of the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

If your Jaz I think your logic is:

If I vote Harry and so does Andrew and he’s not a traitor, I risk Mollie and Andrew voting for me at the final banishment.

If I vote Andrew, I have explained to Mollie my theory on Harry and there’s a chance she votes Harry.

They followed Zack’s theory too much. It was perfectly logical but nobody pointed out it was too logical. Even Zack being murdered then was too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I made the same point to my mrs - Jaz should have pointed this out in his last speech.

BUT it doesn't really matter, once he voted to banish again, they had to banish someone and for all Mollie knows they're all faithful and she wants to finish with Harry.

The other possibility (from her point of view) is that Jaz wants to divide the pot in 2 rather than 3. Not that I think she went through much of a thought process, she was consistently unobservant and generally wrong throughout the game and deserved to lose.

Oh - and once Evie was shown to be faithful, it proved the whole shield theory was bollox and it should have pointed straight back to Harry being a traitor, but even Jaz didn't seem to grasp that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Have to say I initially thought the shield plan was stupid and would have been figured out straight away. Harry proved me wrong. Great performance overall

That’s what I don’t understand.

The whole reason for banishing the three was the shield theory. Why didn’t they stop and say “this doesn’t make sense”. Why didn’t Andrew say it??? He had so long to plan to get rid of Harry and he had a golden chance and threw it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭This is it

Harry deserved it, but I found myself rooting for Jaz and Mollie at the end!

Either way, thought it was an excellent series. Harry played a blinder!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Harry deserved to win. He played a great game. It was becoming more and more obvious that he would be the winner, although I thought he might outsmart himself, at times.

I half hoped for a last minute twist. Well there kinda was one but it went in his favour. All in all, he played a blinder as a traitor, and that lovely innocent face of his helped. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Yes! If Andrew had copped that, he'd probably have won

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Australian series is on BBC 3 at 10.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭appledrop

FFS Mollie, are you actually thick. A traitor would never choose to go red like Jaz did they end the game so they can win the money.

I actually think people are not giving Jaz enough credit.

He was the very first one to cop Paul, coped Harry aswell when no one else did he was just not as popular so harder to win people around.

I thought Harry was very clever and deserved to win but actually that round with Mollie made me cringe, wish Jaz had got it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah Jaz played it as well as he could. If he was open with everyone with his thoughts he would have been murdered ages ago. Even Harry said he underestimated him. The final stage was a great traitor v a great faithful and he lost by the narrowest of margins

I thought Ozzie S2 was brilliant - there's another cheeky chappie in it who you'll either cheer for or hate with a passion :)

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yeah Jaz had guessed Harry was a traitor so he made the right choice as he would have won nothing if ended the game anyway so he took a chance.

If he had anyone but Mollie left he probably could have won them around but she was just in awe of Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've only seen the two British ones , so this will be interesting to watch. Ha, I'll probably think it's someone really random, the cheeky chappy, either that or it's yer man who put his arms out when picked 🙈🤣

Would the show work better if the viewers didn't know who the traitors are?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No.. half the fun is speculating on decisions and tactics.

• Advertisement

No, it wouldn’t work.

what would be interesting (maybe) is if one of the traitors was hidden from the viewers. We never hear them speak. It’s revealed to us when they’re voted off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thought about that the other day and like the comment above maybe knowing one of them is a good play - they are gonna have to change the show up each season to keep it fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 35,735 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

An evilness to Harry wrapping a vulnerable girl like Mollie around his finger, she is gullible for her part, not playing the game, looking for friend instead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Jaz going red may have proved that he wasn't a traitor but it didn't prove that there were still traitors left; all it meant was they had to vote someone else out. Mollie thought they were all faithful.

I guess from Jaz's point of view, if he really thought Harry was a traitor he had to try and get him out even if it was a long shot that Mollie would vote against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That is more to her detriment going in to a game show called The Traitors looking to make friends and Harry taking advantage of it - Harry wasn't evil, he was playing the game brilliantly

Yeah, maybe keeping some of the traitors hidden would be good - could be edited suitably to maximise interest

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I kinda wish Jaz had voted Harry instead of Andrew and took it to a tie

Jaz was the only decent playing faithful, but to be honest the traitors took themselves out

I do think Mollie was so into Harry, blinded by that, scarlet for her

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not so sure if Mollie has forgiven Harry .

She barely even looked at him during the interviews on Traitors Uncloaked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

It is easy to understand. The stronger faithfuls, smart people with strong powers of reason and able to use logic and justify their choices. Get booted off fairly early. It is just the nature of the game. Look who got to the last episode last year. Evie said something like the way to get to the final is "By being honest and genuine". No Evie, for the past three weeks I have had no idea who you where. You were one of three indistingisable white blone women. I thought you and Charlie where the same person.

The way to get to the final. Is to play dumb and be bland.

I feel sorry for Mollie. She is only 21 and after watching Uncloaked I am not sure she is over the betrayl.

Advertisement