Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer (graduate) (general) 2022 civil service

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭vatsie76

Hi folks…Any idea on approximately how many were placed from this panel?

Hi folks , any idea on how many were placed from this panel . My OOM is 440 in the AO 2023. Do I stand a chance 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kilmc99

You definitely do stand a chance, but it could be late summer or early autumn next year before you get called for interview, I was late 300’s and I know there was another batch after my batch

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭luke9311

placed 1301, gonna take it slim to no chance of an interview in the 2023 comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sinradler

Going off previous years, they tend to go up to about 500-600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭luke9311

• Registered Users Posts: 10 59483048

Is this the case regardless of how long you've been an EO? Do you have to have passed probation? Do you have to be in a permanent role or can it be a temporary role?

If I work as an EO for 2 months, before being offered an AO role, can I immediately start as an AO at the second point on the AO salary scale?

Hi, were you called for clearance after the interview. I heard passing the interview is no assurance until you are called for clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kilmc99

Hi there! Yes, I was called for clearance, and I started my position in early October.

When you pass your interview, you’re put on another order of merit, and you’re called for clearance on that basis. I think once you’re on the order of merit you’ll get called for clearance, but if anyone has a different experience to this feel free to correct me.

I was in the mid 10’s on the interview order of merit, and started 2 months after my interview results came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cgordy

Can anyone who had just been assigned AO (since the pay increases ended for this year) who was on EO pt 1, did you go to AO pt 1 or pt 2?

My friend was put on pt 2 in this situation like 8 months ago but I've heard different things and I think it might have changed with the increases.

TIA

• Advertisement

Hey did you find out? I'm on EO pt one and starting as an AO next week

Hi , is the presentation on power point ? Any specifics on layout / nos of slides etc

Hey, yes. I used the one of the suggested layouts on PowerPoint for structure. Length wise just keep it in the timeframe they ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Valpariso

I'm in the 2023 AO competition and I am reasonably placed in Batch 1 so I think I'll get an offer early enough in 2024. I got my degree as a mature student a few years ago so while I'm a relatively recent graduate I'm in my late 40s so probably older than the typical profile of AOs. I'm currently an EO and I've always thought the AO route would be a good fit for me so I I'd like to take it but I'm a little apprehensive of my age and how I might be perceived given the general age profile. Any serving AOs here with any advice, anyone a bit older than 25/26 :-) ?

my story is the same if that can help you feel better. In my late 40’s , back to work after being a stay at home mum for 15+years . Completed masters a year back. HEO is internal and has limited vacancies so trying through AO for promotion is next best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Valpariso

Thanks so much for your reply @vatsie76 and well done on completing the masters. Are you enjoying the AO role?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

I know you can't go from AO to HEO within the Civil Service but can a current AO apply for HEO roles in other agencies (that fall under the departments) such as, for example, in the Consumer Protection Commission or the l/Citizen's Information Board and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sinradler

Advertisement