Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License delay, grant letter issued

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

I think they've taken the phone off the hook, keeps disconnecting when I try it, this morning 🙄😁

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Still waiting. Paid licence 6th October 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

Good to know. Thanks 👍

Paid 6th October.

licence arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Sika98k

5 months to get an EFP renewed is taking the p**s ! I went last month, had a chat. Went over my current licences to see all was in order. The FO went off to find a Cig and returned in ten minutes. Done and dusted in 25 minutes which included a cup of tea in the canteen. I brought the biscuits.

Having said that there have also been times when I am screaming Blue murder about a renewal, substitution, application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭alanmc

Lads,

Are licenses still coming back slowly? I only ask because I'm still waiting on my 3 amended licenses after moving house. I submitted my 3 FCA2s on Nov 3rd.

Thanks,

Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭freddieot

Alan

I recently waited 3 weeks past the renewal date, and after I had received the Grant Letter. I rang the local station and the FO must have got onto THEM as it turned up a couple of days later. However, on the new application I sent in for my new Ruger, I had the grant letter and cert in 2 weeks or so, end to end. It seems like they are processing them in AGS without much delay and maybe there is some blockages further down the line (HQ or printing stage etc.) . If it has been a good while then I suggest you give your FO a shout. Can't have that new house without any firearms 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

My recent experience was great :)

Submitted a renewal for a restricted shotgun on the 8th of November.

Grant Letter received on the 14th of November.

License in hand on the 18th - 10 days end to end.

It was my quickest restricted license ever, did manage to get a non restricted a bit quicker a few years ago, but credit where its due 10 days is much better than you could really hope for or expect!

EFP amendments/renewals/changes are normally 24 hours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

I submitted mine 1st week in Sept, still no word back on substitution. Met sup outside and said it was processed ok. Know another guy who did it the same week and got his last week. So annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've been informed that the average processing time for my area is 8 weeks.

There are also problems with people not returning their FCR forms in time. By that I mean it's sent out 3 months before the expiry of the current license, and people are not returning them in a timely manner so 4,5,6 even 10 weeks are going by before the FCR is returned. Meaning if the FCR is not processed immediately, and given the 8 week processing time, that people will be unlicensed for up to 6 weeks.

While there is no queue jumping AGS are trying to process those "late" applications first which only serves to delay the applications that were submitted on time

So some people, and I cast no dispersions on anyone, are waiting 5 or even 6 months (possibly more) due to this.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Grow up

I applied for a PCP licence 25th July....still no word back. Ive had firearms for 20 yrs with no hassle or refusals. I contacted my FO to be told she had forwarded it on to their head station that day and she had not received any queries about it, this is what she told me last month when I left in another licence for a .308. She gave me the name of the garda dealing with the licenses and told me to contact the station she is based in and ask to speak to her. I rang that day to be told she was on sick leave till the Monday, I rang back Monday to be told she was off till the Wednesday, I rang the Wednesday and spoke to her directly, she asked for my name and phone number and told me she would ring me back with an update when she found it in the file.....over 1 month later and no phone call. So at the 4 month mark i wrote a letter to the station superintendent asking for an update and explaining what had happened as above and left it into the station Wednesday of last week and no word on anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Vizzy

^^^^^^

"Simple letter to the Super asking him to confirm that your application has not been lost as you are very concerned from a GDPR perspective that if the application has been lost, then, persons unknown may be in possession of all your details and will also be aware that you have firearms.

A very serious situation from a security point of view"

I reckon that your application will be found and dealt with fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭alanmc

Bit of a pain in the ar$e waiting for my licenses with my new address. I use buy ammo online and have it shipped to me ... the address on my license that is.

5 weeks now and counting. Tried ringing the Firearms Policy Unit on the number above. No answer. Guess they're sick of us license holders complaining 🙄.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind a seriously reportable incident to the Data protection commissioner by you for such a gross neglect of keeping some extremely critical private data secure by a Govt body.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

3 weeks now since I handed in the letter for the superintendent into his station....not so much as a phone call or a letter yet. Do you think I would get away with something if a letter was sent to me requesting something from the superintendent? F*@king sure I wouldn't.

Got the grant for my latest renewal this morning after using the local , now reopened, station.

Just over three weeks from submitting to receipt of grant letter. Delighted with that.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭coltmaster

Onto my 4th month now waiting on my substitution, was talking to the Sup and he is going to look into it (says no delay from his side). I know there will be an elaborate story to tell yous next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

I’m going into my 6th month waiting on my substitution have rang my own local station for an update but just keep getting the run around. I rang the NARGC to look into it for me I’m fed up with it never had to deal with such delays and absolute frustration to get a fellow to sign some paper!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭itisnotgrand

4/5 months waiting.. Told by the office lately and I quote “this time of year with alll the renewals“ and I’m “on the list”. The heading must read “list of fuckers we need to put off licensing”

Post edited by itisnotgrand on

• Advertisement

We can all forget any licence now until 2nd week January earliest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not what I wanted to hear!

Hoping to be submitting next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

So I get a phone call today from my father telling me my licence has been granted. He lives in Mayo, I live in Sligo. I don't know why the FO would text him when he wasn't even mentioned on the application in anyway shape or form. Anyway 5 months later and I have an answer, have to wait now for post to resume to get the grant letter to pay.

Lads I cannot stress this enough.

Write to your Superintendent (email) and cc everyone from Sergeant to Inspector in the station. When enough people do this it'll highlight any issues in the station with unnecessary delays.

The problem we have is we come here to complain, or try contact someone outside of AGS to get them to make it happen faster when they have no more ability to do so than we do. The only way to stop this practice is to bombard them with emails complaining when it goes beyond the legal timeframe for processing.

The second thing this will do is create a digital footprint so we have something to point to as proof if delays.

This is absolutely bizarre can you expand a little more I’d love to know why your dad is even involved?? Or why he is texting your dad ? Assuming you’re over 16

w.t.f

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭clivej

And please tell me how does one get all these email addresses?

Via the Garda website. If there is only one email address it to the Super or whomever is listed on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Are licenses still being printed or have they closed up shop for Christmas and the New Year?

Advertisement