Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭con747

Is the Deye 8kw any use? You might pick one of them up in France off SunXcell.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Link for lazy :

https://www.sunxcell.com/onduleur-hybride-deye-8-12kw/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah I'm getting the same story when asking for a more powerful inverter

I can see why a lot of installers are reluctant to go above 6kW, you're basically into NC7 territory which requires a fee to ESBN and is more work. So they aren't bothered

It annoys me a lot though when they're giving out false information like telling people 6kW is the max allowed.

I had one guy telling me yesterday that there's no point in having a battery because I'd be paid for export, I pointed out to him I'd get deemed export because I was on a night meter, so I could export nothing and still get paid

He then said I must have a smart meter and I repeated myself and he was like "oh yeah, they'll estimate your export then"

I managed to keep a straight face somehow 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Filled in the webform for the Deye in France, will let you know if they ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Ask for the ECCO version, that one in the link above is the massive 700mm one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

@unkel Did you try Edmundsons Electrical in belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Tigo have announced new Hybrid inverters not sure of availability over here, have multiple MPPTs 3 on the 7.6 kW and 4 on the 11.4 kW model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmm79AIyK4&t=1s

Quite useless if locked down to their own batteries:

And seems like 5000w is also the battery limit so again pointless on a 7.6kw inverter

They can't get them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone manage to source one of the bigger versions of these?

Picked up the sunsynk 5kw ECCO version for family member and will be finishing installing it tomorrow but would be interested in bigger one for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

These guys managed it.

https://youtu.be/Qbx7i2gYUAc

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Advertisement

3 phase though. Most wholesalers here can do 3 phase powerful inverters but nobody seems to want to sell single phase inverters over 6kW.

We're still working on it, but personally I don't want to wait any longer and might go - for now - for a 5kW. It can still do 120A charging / discharging which is double what a 6kW Solis hybrid can do and not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Picked up a couple of Sunsynk 5.5kW hybrids for now, they will tie us over until we find the big 8.8kW ones. Which was unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Do a post on the install, curious to see if it's a plug and play swap from the Solis or does it need anything extra.

Will be installed in a different location, with different cable (going 10mm), so it's like a new install. But it's an install like any other hybrid inverter, AC 3 cable, DC 2 cable, comms and CTs and plug in your strings

That's fair enough, thought it was a direct swap.

That was the plan alright, you remember right! Plan has changed though, battery indoors will save me several kWh of heating per day on a cold day in winter, be more secure, perfectly safe as it's LiFePO4 and no worries about charging at too low a temp on a cold day. On top of that, the bluetooth signal in my active balancer doesn't reach my work desk the way it is now, this is not handy, I'd like to know the voltage at any time - from my desk - to gauge the SOC. Also expanding to 30kWh soon, would struggle to fit that into my current outdoor cabinet.

Just switched a family members Solis hybrid it for the sunsynk 5.5 kw hybrid. Easy enough change. Could do with more room within the sunsynk as fiddly with cables but other than that no complaints. All connections are done internally not connectors like on outside of solis. The AC backup is labelled load which is probably not the best choice of wording for it but that is just me being picky.

In terms of inverter it is cracking little workhorse and touchscreen gives plenty detail on it. App is nicely laid out also. Charging at 120 amps continuous last night to the 17.5 pylontech and did it no problem. He is on day night meter though so will drop the charge rate down going forward so as to spread the heat in the shed through the cold nights but wanted to test the continuous charge and did it without any problems.

Will be looking to sell my 6kw Solis hybrid and replace with a sunsynk 5kw as am on smart meter and have only three hour window for charging the 20kw battery. Will put it up next few days on adverts and here for anyone interested as is only 10 months old.

Be interested to hear how you get on @unkel with the seplos and diy battery with it. Can't see there being an issue as recognises through canbus most batteries bms by looks of it. Be good to hear when you have yours set up though 👍

Sounds like you had a good result. That wording on load is definitely confusing, what they mean by that is it's for essential loads in split consumer unit.

Can you check what the inverter temp is when charging at 120 amps for me?

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Forgot to add @irishchris we want pics

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Advertisement

The sofar also lists the backup supply as load, must be a china thing.

Should have took snaps yesterday when was fitting it. Will grab some during the week when back and put few up. The main thing I was surprised with was it's size. Probably bit smaller than the Solis hybrid as thought was recieving the original sunsynk model which looks massive in the videos on YouTube but thankfully it was the ECCO version and is a tidy little unit

The other thing about the sunsynk that I forgot to mention is the CT clamp which is wired straight into the inverter. House is about 30 metres from the solar shed and extended it with two twisted pairs from a cat 6 cable. They advise 15m max but absolutely no problems and CT readings on inverter match up with actual usage

Yeah I was speaking to sunsynk and they said the same thing about the 15 meters for the CT but they said they can send you something if your run is longer as well.

The only downside about the sunsynks is that you can put less panels on the strings because their voltages don't go as high.

Massive pain to go on the roof and lift all the panels to re-arrange the cabling and wouldn't do it for a measly 20a (50a) in charge rates, for 200a it's worth it 🤣

Snap! Got mine installed today too and exactly the same feelings / observations as yourself. I got rid of the Seplos, so setup the battery as AGM. All working fine, just trying to get my head around some of the settings. I do use an active balancer and this combo is all I need until I decide I want to do more automation

Also just used the grid CT clamp from the ME3000SP, we were getting tired (the CTs are an utter pain to get to and replace or remove in the tiny old consumer unit) and hoped for the best, cut it off mid run and just extended it with CAT5 and wired it into the Sunsynk (instead of using the CT that came with the Sunsynk). Was fine, both must be generic enough CTs

As long as it tally's with the myenergi, you'll be good to go.

It doesn't, we probably re-connected a pair of clamp wires into the harvi the wrong way around. Job for tomorrow, we were finishing up outside today in the dark in the p!ssing freezing rain at around 5PM, enough is enough 😁

Not an issue with the install I did today as only 8 panels on each string bit mine will have 12 on one of the two strings which seems to have reached a max of 460v in the last 12 months so should be ok.

In terms of the charging though it is nearly double compared to the 6 kw Solis. After 15 mins the Solis drops to 68amps whereas the sunsynk does a sustained 120 amps continuous.

Not according to sunsynk it won't be, I have 12 panels per string which hovers around 400-420v and they told me to put max 10 on a string, not sure why, well within limits by my count but let me know how that goes 😁

• Advertisement

Depends of course on the panels. You or Sunsynk can mention a ballpark number of 10 or 12, but both are meaningless without doing the simple calculation of number of panels * VoC. Should be smaller than max MPPT voltage although in practice you never come close.

Advertisement