Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Once your SS CT clamp is working fine then everything else should be grand. Do you have cheaper electricity at night versus your export rate as if you do, them you should be prioritising export. I'm getting 4.5/4.6 today but exporting it all and will charge the car tonight

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭DC999

Jealous doesn’t cover it 😊

So the Deye can do a grid export limit of 5.5kW (or whatever you set). And then your other diverts can suck up the rest (EV, HWT). Meaning you can generate well above 5.5kW without clipping. I’m learning!

Eddi makes sense for you as sucks up any potential clipping. No point in setting the immersion to fill it fully at night as the Eddi is you buffer.

I’ve you’ve a Zappi, you can set it to fill X kWh into the battery each day. Meaning if the solar sent into the car was low, you can then add more kWh on a cheap night rate. Not perfect of course as kWh aren’t % SOC on the EV. But will remove some clipping.  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Another idea is to use up some battery early on, Dc can go directly to the battery without the inverter having to do much, it can also send the Ac to the load. Inverter can handle 120 amps Dc and I had 112 amps going to the battery for a time today. I'm still trying to figure out how it all will work out with the new array.

Going to give it about 6 months to monitor it, and may go down the Nc7 route.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

I hope that everyone who has a Deye or Sundynk has them connected to HomeAssistant or Node-Red, or both.

And it's a must to get a wired RS485 to USB adapter.

I went down the Docker route. Slightly trickier to setup the USB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ive went Modbus-TCP adapter but same end goal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 midstream

Where do you buy these? Cost? Link?

Kellihers Electrical used to sell them. Not sure if they still do.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 42 midstream

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭insular1

Couldn't find any Irish suppliers when I went looking. There were a good few UK based companies selling sunsynk brand. At the time when I was looking I think www.bimblesolar.com were the cheapest but no idea if they are legit as didn't order from them in the end.

I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of import taxes from the UK and couldn't find an EU supplier, I also had plenty of time to wait before I could get an electrician to install so decided to go with Lovesun store on Alibaba same as a few others before me. They were easy to deal with, cheaper than any of the UK ones by far, shipped it DDP and ended up arriving way sooner than I expected, so I actually have it sitting in the attic waiting for installation right now. If you're not in a rush it could be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah few of us brought in from the UK, not cheap either and a bit of a hassle.

Might have an 8.8kw sunsynk hybrid up for sale soon myself, decent offers only 🤣

You upgrading to the 16kWh??

This really is an addictive hobby! I was sure I'd be happy with my 8kWhr pack, but only a few weeks later was building a 30kWhr DIY pack. Then a month or so after that NKON had an offer on envision cells I couldn't say no to and I expanded to 45kWhr. Then of course the inverters 100A limit started to annoy me so bought a rectifier to boost battery charging speed. Then I read this thread and decided to upgrade to the 8kW Deye. I haven't even got that installed yet and you're already putting thoughts in my head about another upgrade. Probably for the best I'm out of money 😂.

You should have gone 2x 8kw deye, cheaper than the 16kw for sure and don't get me started on the batteries, the new location would perfectly hold a 45kwh pack 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

Hey @insular1 I hear you and snap.

Currently have 52 panels, 4 inverters and 54kWh of battery. I talk about them as if they are my children 😀

Loved my Sofar until I got the Deye 8kw, its great.

Now my problem is I can’t utilise my Sofar to charge alongside my Deye, it just doesn’t play nice (especially as it has its own PV system).

Maybe @SD_DRACULA is right, two Deyes are required. Actually no, down with that sort of thing. No money left😀

What you mean is that you're working up to requesting landing permission from ATC 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

I see you mention Micro-inverters, do you have the enphase? im thinking of putting in a system with them and not bother with the String inverter

No, they're BPE/Deye micros. I got them in Kellihers electrical.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sunsynk tech support engineers (or their buddies from Deye in China) pushed a firmware update for me today:

This enabled Low Noise Mode - YES!!!

Also a new option - Fast Zero Export Mode - what is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have considered buying an 8kW version of this but the reports of the noise levels have put me off.

Was the low noise mode already on the Deye version? I would have it inside to replace a Sofar which is silent.

Yes was already in Deye 9kW that shipped from China late summer of last year

But not totally silent. Will have to cool if pulling sustained large load

When does the fan kick in? In the old mode it was from somewhere between 4-5kW. Which is far too early in my book. I noticed instantly when them indoors put the kettle on 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭sh81722

On the 5.5 kW version the fans are a handy prompt for checking the house load.

This stuff is very addictive alright. I have been running the Ecco 5.5 as the main inverter close to a year now. I have about 20 kWh of battery connected and 10 garden mounted south facing 415W panels on two strings of 5 to take advantage of early and late sun hours. Just expanded with additional roof mounted 2 x 3 425W panels facing E-W. We have a terrible roof area available and most of the roof is north, and 6 was the best I could install combined E-W. I can't register for export as we would need to get the setup certified and for that the house would need rewired.

The final panel on the garden setup PV1 only gets in the full sun at 11 am and by about 4 pm the party is over for the PV2 after it kicks off around 1pm. Still managed about 12 kWh generated today, the first day of the roof strings in production, so not too bad. It was even cloudy at times. Last summer the daily record was about 17 kWh so looking forward the the longer sunny days this year.

I was planning for 2 x 4 PV3/4 but now the resulting voltage of about 100 VDC is too low for SS to work properly. Therefore I utilised the SS microinverter input and put in another more suitable inverter upstream to connect these two new strings. I had hoped to use a Huawei 3.68 kW model I purchased second hand but unfortunately it doesn't want to play ball and trips the RCBO upstream whenever it switches on the AC. I also test connected this inverter downstream from the SS but the same issue persist.

I have now an 1.5 kW Omnik running successfully upstream and the Ecco can utilise the output from it to charge the battery. I don't have any insight on why the Omnik is a better team player and works while the Huawei doesn't. Anyway online now and keeping my fingers crossed I don't fry the Omnik with these parallel PV3/PV4 strings. Based on the result today there was almost no production at all the hottest hour as the E is suffering from some chimney shading while the W was still in bit of shade so will be good I think. But will keep an eye on it.

@sh81722 - Very unlikely the total current of your E + W together will ever exceed that of 1 S panel in full sun, particularly because they are both a bit compromised around noon. So I'd say you'd be ok. You could of course monitor it on a good day and see how close you get to the max amps per MPPT your Sunsynk can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭sh81722

I'm worried about the Omnik actually. It's only rated 12.5A. Will monitor, likely can become an issue when the sun gets higher.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Amps are taken, so it will only go to 12.5 amps and no more (even if there was more available)

I can't see E + W ever making 12.5A anyway if your panels are about 10-11A. Unless the roof is near flat. On a typical Irish semi-D house roof, I can't see it happen!

• Advertisement

So if I stick 4 panels in series and 4 in parallel (so about 40A) on any say 5kW inverter with a max of 12.5A, you say the inverter will be fine, but it will only produce whatever is the amp limit of the inverter?

We need someone to try this and stick it on YouTube 😀

I kinda did something like this myself, connecting my Solis directly to the high voltage battery of my EV. And indeed, it drew just the max amperage of the inverter out of the battery (about 11A) where while driving I sometimes went up to 600A 😶

Advertisement