Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,896 ✭✭✭✭unkel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I got a deye, no issues once you get your head around the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭insular1

Is there a way to do load balancing with the Deye? At present during the 3 hour Pinergy window I have my solis set to charge at max and the zappi balances the total house load to prevent us exceeding 63A. Not much of an issue at present due to the lower charging rate of the Solis the car is generally fully charged in that time but with the Deye I'd rather have the inverter balance the load so the car is always charged at the max rate and the inverter increases or decreases it's load to maximise charging while avoiding exceeding our max house load.

No, not on the deye itself.

You possibly could do it via automation in home assistant.

Yeah was thinking that might be the route to go. Will wait and see when the inverter arrives. Still in a fight with ESB to get my main fuse upgraded to 100A so if that works out might not be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Not sure there's a point in the 100a fuse, the car will never pull more than 7kw and the inverter can't go over almost 8kw import anyway.

I got an 80a main breaker and the esb fuse says 64/80a outside and pulling 15kw just fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Zappi can go 7.4 and higher if charging off panels with high voltage on the day, EV dependant of course

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Eh?

There is more to night time charging than having a single EV and a single hybrid inverter 😂

What about extra battery charging power supplies? Extra EVs? Heating hot water, Heat pump home heating, washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, crypto mining rigs, etc.?

I would fully use a 24kVA connection every night to the max if I had one, rather than my current 12kVA connection...

Yeah, I have the Solis drawing 4.5kW, a rectifier adding additional juice to the batteries at 3kW, zappi drawing 3.5kw (PHEV), base load just under 500w and then the heat pump which kicks in and draws anywhere from 2-6kW so most nights we're maxing out at 15kW for period of the full 3 hour window. Had to stop using dishwasher and washing machine at night as I tripped my 63A MCB. Adjusted settings in the zappi and haven't tripped it since but it's pointless running the dishwasher at night now as the zappi will just limit charging to the car and then the car runs outside of the 3 hour window.

Post edited by insular1 on

Yep same here. I use 14kW flat out every night for 3 hours. And can't even run all I would want to run in that period. And don't even have a heat pump (I do have everything else from my last post)

• Advertisement

Well the ESB must be reading this thread. Just had a call and a technician will be out to upgrade me to the correct 100A fuse on Friday! Now I just have to line up my electrician to change out some MCB's from 63A to 80A. Can't wait for the Deye to arrive now!!

Why are they putting in a 100a fuse on a 12kva connection? Or have you got 16kva?

New build about 5 years ago and ordered the 16kVa supply but they originally only put in an 80A fuse. Never knew until recently that this was incorrect and when I brought it up with the local ESB office they originally said 80A was normal for 16kVa. Thanks to some boardsies pointing out that this was incorrect I went back to them and eventually they agreed to change it.

Sweet! Now start thinking of filling up that sweet daily 60kWh slot 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

A friend of mine is installing solar on a new build, I recommended the 5.5kw Synsynk as an inverter, but they seem hard to come by. Just wondering are the Deye 5kw EU compliant inverters on sale from Lovsun ($975 + $275 shipping) on Alibaba approved by ESBN, can they be included on the NC6 form?

And i know they have 2 MPPT's but what does it means when it says 1+1 per MPPT? Can you add 2 extra strings that are facing in the same direction to the same MPPTs? Or can they be in any direction?

I have strings facing different directions in conjunction with optimisers feeding into one MPPT, no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

Thank you. I had a look at the manual as well, the seem to be compliant with ESBN as they are mentioned in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

Last night I found a docker based project on GitHub

Kbialek/deye-inverter-mqtt

I can get modbus data via TCP from the logger on port 8899. It sends all data to an MQTT Broker.

I initially just used the provided config.env example file, and only got the standard String Inverter data, but once I added

DEYE_METRIC_OPTIONS=deye_hybrid,deye_hybrid_battery

I then got all of the battery info too

For anyone else installing Node-Red on Docker, make sure to open up port 1883 in addition to 1880

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

What is the correct wiring for the SDM120CT when used with the Deye 8k?

I added brown live to port 4 and blue neutral to port 3 (this gives the device power). I then wired the black CT cable to port2 and the white CT cable to port 1 (coming from meter box). I then added brown/bown white twisted pair to port 10 and blue/blue white twisted pair to port 9.

On the inverter I have brown/brown white going to port 6 and blue/blue white going to port 5.

I don't see the meter increasing.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Check post 1 I think I have it updated with the meter wiring diagram.

If using the meter, it doesn't go into 4 and 5 where the CT goes, it goes into the meter rj45 port ( as per wiring)

• Advertisement

Post 1 refers to the SDM230. I'm using the SDM120CT

Ok I think it’s all set now. The wiring was correct but I was missing the piece in the advanced menu.

Does this look correct?

Easton 1P not 3p (phase)

Also the rs485 should be on a twisted pair eg blue/white not split over 2 pairs

snip

Post edited by slave1 on

Question for the folk that bought deyes from alibaba/China, can you PM me the name of the seller(s)?

I followed the exact directions here (I added the RJ45 on the inverter side), and the SDM120CT meter is now seeing data, and the red light is flashing. However, I see some issues with accuracy.

The SDM120CT tallies with what's on the Deye screen (as it should), but when I look at my second inverter (Sofar 6000HYDEP), it's different. Both have their CTs connected to the LIVE in my meterbox.

For example, Deye is reading 0.51kw draw from the grid, and Sofar is reading 0.97kw draw from the grid. Is it too optimistic to hope that they should be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

You could turn everything off at the board apart from the inverters and see what the readings are. I would then turn on one socket circuit with nothing plugged. Get an appliance with a known lowish wattage, around 300-500 watts. Do the same with a kettle, and again with a shower or Ev. See which inverter is telling the truth. If you have an Ev charge point with load balancing, you could also compare the readings.

Did you put the meter on the single twisted pair as suggested by Graeme?

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Rs485 is reporting the same as the meter so that's good.

Sounds like the CT ratio is off on one of the devices. It's almost like it's reading half the power, a clamp meter might even indicate which one is right.

• Advertisement

I'll try a meter tomorrow and see what the readings are. What should the CT ratio be on each? The Deye says 2000:1

Advertisement