Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which industry has the biggest laugh at their customers' expense?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Public sector. Specifically teachers. Work fcuk all hours, always whinging about wages, wanted to be paid to sit at home during Covid and they're basically unsackable.

Pretty crap value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SmithsFan

Not sure if you're trolling but the teachers I know deserve every penny.

My eldest started school last year and I volunteered for the Parents Council. Every single teacher I've dealt with is personally invested in the progress of each & every one of their pupils. I've been in classrooms during school time helping with project work and the energy needed to keep 30 kids engaged for 6 hours a day is phenomenal. I have nothing but respect for them.

If you think teachers finish work at the same time their pupils do, then you don't understand the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SmithsFan

Not sure if you're trolling but the teachers I know deserve every penny.

My eldest started school last year and I volunteered for the Parents Council. Every single teacher I've dealt with is personally invested in the progress of each & every one of their pupils. I've been in classrooms during school time helping with project work and the energy needed to keep 30 kids engaged for 6 hours a day is phenomenal. I have nothing but respect for them.

If you think teachers finish work at the same time their pupils do, then you don't understand the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭Breezy_

cancer sprayed on kids uniforms raised an eyebrow for me even in this day and age of absolutely no one giving a sh1t about anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/sep/21/toxic-forever-chemicals-school-uniforms-pfas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The Wolfe Tones in recent weeks (and pretty much any time the irish "stick it to the man" by sending their tripe to #1)

Agree apart from the building more houses bit. Unless you mean 3 bed semis and not a broad range of housing including high rise apartments.

The population keeps increasing but the housing stock doesn't keep pace. We need more housing.

Gillette. Almost complete monopoly on shaving equipment, charges an absolute fortune and then tells their customers they are all rapist misogynistic violent criminals.

https://youtu.be/UYaY2Kb_PKI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Must be a big fan, never considered the Tones and an industry in themselves but hey.

Cheapass Telly manufacturing otherwise known as Vestel. Have an issue within warranty? The customer can prepare to step into a boxing match with Argos / Curry's for a good scrap. And the "customer service" reps will be best prepared to deny honouring any warranty the telly might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

As per usual, a thread finds it’s way down to people bashing teachers and individual companies they don’t like

Even a band they don’t like this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

Hey it's a free world. To be fair a lot of teachers have a cushy number, over 3-4 months holidays a year and short work days.

Is that a tough gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's a profession, not an industry though, the education sector as a whole might be considered an industry maybe but personally I don't think it's laughing at our expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Filling stations.

Put prices up as soon as a rise is announced even though they bought their stock beforehand. Don't take the prices down as fast when there's a decrease as they say they bought at the higher price. Shysters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its a job and a fairly handy one. I don't think it's well paid either in general so it doesn't count here . Education sector isn't over priced in Ireland generally , except for the books and uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The school books industry have a good laugh

CJ Fallons rewording the odd few pages here and there, putting the same text on different pages every couple of years so there's 3 or 4 versions of the same text book about stuff that never changes like history and the laws of physics. Now they want everyone to move to iPads so they can put DRM and subscriptions on it. No more pesky second hand books just charge a monthly fee and no need to print anything ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Any industry that involves government grants, two that come to mind are the hearing aid business and solar panel installation>Hearing aid business is a complete rip off and the 1k grant is devoured by the operators,there is no reduction for the public.

The solar industry is quite new but its the new Klondike for some operators, some are making 4-5k for one days works and the property owner never sees the benefit of the 2.4k grant.

I heard they still want you to order the paper books even though you have the digital versionabd the digital version is no cheaper. Is that true?

Advertisement