Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polestar 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

Read about it but not experienced it. Mine is definitely shudder free(so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

It's nothing I would rush back to the dealer with. I think it might be a characteristic of the car being front-wheel drive with an electric powertrain. So far, I've only experienced it in the rain in traffic. Maybe the rotors are slowing down faster than the drivetrain can handle. It's the only explanation I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

Got car on Monday, good experience, wished we were Americans for the big reveal as we did the typical Irish thing when the cover came off, hands in pockets “she’s nice”. Yankee whoops, cheers and clapping are prob what’s expected.

grand drive to cork, can’t help driving around 140km ph and that just eats battery. They gave me a full charge, can’t believe Tesla only provide 20 per cent allegedly, charged at ionity in cashed just to try it out, 40 to 80 per cent in about 15 mins.

happy so far, just need to get used to the different mind set, the google assistant and integrated google maps are fantastic

Great news. I missed the big reveal as I walked in when they had taken the cover off to check for any imperfections. I was happy to see the car inside for a change. So many dealers cut out the big reveal these days. Glad you like the car. I just discovered the little hanger inside the door of the glove box yesterday. It's the little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any word when the Polestar 2 24 sales will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Certainly a different experience getting the big reveal. VW just got me to sign the paperwork, gave me the keys and a travel mug and told me to f**k off with the car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭eagerv

My experience with VW was excellent. Car was in a bright glass delivery room, had a number of pics taken, blue tooth was set up, inspected shiny car, then electric door opened so I could drive out. (Slightly different to Tesla😁)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Makes you feel better about the dealer delivery charges anyway I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭eagerv

Chris Harris bought a Polestar 1. Interesting. He's the last person on earth I would have expected to jump into one. Great marketing for Polestar I presume.

• Advertisement

I buy my VWs in the Wicklow garage and each time it's a bit like this. For the ID4 it was even raining to add to the outdoor experience. The previous owners used to give you chocolates at least. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

@n.d.os I saw a U.K. reg Polestar 1 in Donnybrook on Saturday evening, great looking car in the metal.

Crazy money. I actually think the P3 is too expensive as well. I hope Polestar continue to produce more affordable cars in the future and the P2 wasn't just a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

They seem pretty fixed on the luxury sports car market, although I feel like you get more from the P2 than anything equivalent from BMW or Audi

P3 is a lot of money, but also a lot of car for the price. 7 seats with 110kWh battery is basically Model X territory

I'd say there'll be a smaller battery single motor version after launch. Don't see it being cheap though, high 60s would be the lowest price I could see it landing

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I like what BMW are doing at the moment. They're cars look quite odd and I kind of enjoy that. I've no time for Audi after owning a few of them. There's no enough differentiation between their ICE and EV cars. All a bit dull.

Polestar are planning to release the P4 soon. It looks like it will fall somewhere in between the P2 and P3 in terms of price. Essentially it's a sporty SUV. I'll be very interested to see how much it costs. I'm really enjoying my Polestar so I hope I'm not priced out of the brand in the future. It's a great second car to go with the ID4 which I also love and is my favourite VW to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The Polestar 3 is a 5 seater, you need to go for the Volvo EX90 if you want the 7 seater they're both the same chassis with is based on the extended range plug in Volvo's.

I know not a full electric but the plug in hybrid Volvo T8's are quicker on paper than the performance Polestar 3.

The pricing on the EX90s and obviously the 3 are gone off the charts tbf. They are most certainly not following tesla down the price drop road. They're sticking firmly to the above premium badge. The price points are pretty disappointing though. Arguably 30 grand above where they should be.

Volvo prices are ridiculous and always have been. Have you seen the price of a c40 recharge? I've never understood why people buy Volvos for this reason as most of the cars they sell aren't actually any good, in particular their EVs. To me Polestar is almost like what Volvo should be today. It's strange that they are pushing their best cars with a completely new name badge.

The prices are off the wall but in their defence I'd say they're premium compared to the Polestar and Tesla, Polestar don't seem to have many options for such a high price. I was hoping the EX90 would come in a lot cheaper than it has. I suspect at such a high price it leave them a lot of wiggle room if they do come under pressure. They're still not in great supply and they seem to be chopping and changing models, S60 has disappeared and the T8's are gone from their website, not sure why.

The Volvo's are expensive but cheap compared to BMW and Audi which I'd guess are they're biggest competition.

Polestar is more performance orientated and probably capturing a few that wouldn't necessarily buy a Volvo. Maybe that's the idea.

I think Volvo have it pretty right and they're not losing business to Polestar. 2 different customers.

• Advertisement

I think Audi and BMW are a bit cheaper than Volvo, no? I remember comparing an XC40 to a Q3 and was shocked at the price difference. Bmw are slightly cheaper than Audi or at least they offer slightly better value than Audi as they have updated more of their models than Audi in the last three years. I'll admit I don't pay all that much attention to Volvo but their interiors always struck me as being slightly behind the competition. Maybe it's just the styling of them.

When you get up in the models it changes. Cheapest BMW X5 is 115 and the X7 is edging up on 160k, It makes the Volvo XE/XC look like a bargain even the Performance Polestar 3.

Volvo seats are probably some of the most comfortable out there, then you've practical things like inbuilt booster seats for kids. I'm not sure behind their competition just different, they focus is on safety and luxury while the others tout performance. Which is what polestar is doing.

I think because I can only afford an XC40 I haven't really seen the full appeal of a Volvo. At the moment BMW is probably my pick of the bunch of I was going ICE. I like the new X1.

Probably fair haven't looked at the BMW pricing it wasn't always so high. I do despise their styling recently its awful.

Depends on your priorities, XC40 wins on safety hands down, BMW probably has a little more power but won't have the same features as standard. Haven't driven the BMW but had a lend of the XC40 found it comfortable. I like the 1 series Ti, probably have it over a mini SUV, nice place to sit.

The styling is growing on me, I can't get past the current prices though and I'm usually pretty good at man maths to justify the price of cars I like to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I was thinking the same thing with my VW. I signed some paperwork, was handed the keys, and they pointed out the window to where the car was parked. Didn't even get a travel mug. This was at a time when masks were still required so I think covid was an excuse for minimal service.

Got a Polestar 2 testdrive next week, as they're running them from Dunboyne for a short time. I've a pretty big budget set aside for my next EV later this year and my heart is set on a Taycan Cross Turismo, but I figure I should try some other cars to compare.

If you can afford a Taycan buy a Taycan. 😂

Jokes aside, the Polestar is very good at everything and if you are in the market for something around 50k, the standard version is the perfect car as you get most of what Polestar offers already on the car. I'm not sure if I would buy a long-range one or include the performance pack as they push the price up considerably and you might be more inclined to look at something else around that price mark.

We bought our ID4 during covid and the garage was useless. I got stuck with a VW/Skoda head of sales and he just never got back to any of my calls or emails. It really put me off as I can't stand bad customer service and poor communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

Don’t know about Volvo EVs but to say their other cars “aren’t any good” is a bit of a mad statement imho. Had two 5 series in a row, good cars but 10 a penny. Next had an s90 redesign, did everything the 5 series did but better

• Advertisement

To rephrase it, I'm refering to their EVs. With ICE, yes nice cars higher up the spectrum but the smaller cars are too expensive and too small compared to their rivals. The XC40 is a car I've never understood. You'd be better off buying a Tiguan.

Advertisement