Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polestar 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mr Q

The battery is the same in the RWD as your model. So they have done a good job improving range by 40km. I think it's gone up over 80km on one of the models.

For your commute what would you average on a charge? Is it the 350 you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

More power in the newer RWD too isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

So I commute about 180km per day, three days a week. I charge from home. I charge to 90% the night before and when I arrive home that evening I have roughly 45% battery remaining. I drive mostly on the motorway and would drive on the speed limit if not slightly above. It's more than sufficient for what I'm doing.

Forgetting the range, I think the RWD will benefit the car in other ways. You get a little bit of vibration on the front drive shaft from time to time on the Polestar. It might just be my car and don't quote me that it's the drive shaft. It might be the regen although I have that completely turned off all the time. Also, the torque steer is apparent if you really launch the car but it's not something that would bother 95% of drivers. Still, I think the RWD will be a decent improvement. It's just a pity they are getting rid of the lovely black grill on the facelift.

I'm not sure if the 2024 car offers enough to ignore the price of available cars at this point in time. 53k is a very good price for this car when you shop around and consider that most "premium" car brands offer a smaller battery as standard around this price point. It also offers a lot of performance.

Yes. There's a bit more power coming in the RWD version. Currently, the car is 170 kW / 231 hp. They are pushing that up to 220KW/295 hp for the 2024 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Advertisement

And the torque is up from 330Nm to 490Nm.

The RWD drive version is looking very promising.

It's already a very capable car so definitely a bonus nobody was looking even for. I suppose they want to compete with Tesla.

What I like about Polestar and Tesla is there are no silly added extras. You essentially pick a colour, how much range you want, wheels and add a plus pack if you want 400+hp. I think the Germans could learn a lot from these brands.

Well they do know how to charge for some items. The leather in the test car was really nice.

But to get leather you first need the plus pack. Combined almost 10k. I know you get other options with that but they do add up quickly.

You have one, where are the front speakers?

I wouldn't be so quick to praise Polestar for their simplicity, they do have "silly added extras" because they lump basic modern features into packs of stuff people don't want. ACC is in the Pilot Pack which used to be an expensive paid option and the heated steering wheel is in the €4,800 Plus Pack.

It's actually a bit German of them! Audi and BMW do the same.

The speaker system is complicated. I'm coming from an Audi A3 with 3 audio adjustment settings. The Polestar has a whole page of adjustments including the usual stuff and EQ settings. I have the standard speakers. They are good but the speakers are high up in the car, I think on the dash so the low end isn't the best. The best speakers I've had most recently were on my 201 A1. I changed to a 221 A3 and they were rubbish.

• Advertisement

The Pilot pack is free in Ireland on all models. The plus pack is what it is. I wouldn't bother with it for a heated steering wheel. You get electric seat adjustment, heated seats, and a smashing interior all as standard. You're missing a sunroom but that's normal these days.

They actually have no test cars in Dublin with the standard interior. I was pleasantly surprised when mine arrived. I don't think the wood trim looks great in plus-pack models.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is Polestar offers a great standard car, no boxes ticked. You get a lot for your 52k.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Is it fine to share payslip and contract with Car Dealership or shall I ask for a contact of Bank and send them there directly?

Is it recommended or required to do a PDI before the delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Yeah I was surprised to see Skoda doing the same, gets ridiculously expensive because of it.

These are the items you don't get as standard on the P2 and pay for if you go for the plus pack. It's pretty much the only add on for the car. Most of the items on this list are personal choices. I don't think anything on here is a basic modern feature.

https://www.polestar.com/ie/polestar-2/plus-pack/

Finance Ireland look after all of that and they will contact you by phone/email. The staff at the Polestar Hub don't request any of this information. If you test drive the car and like it you either spec a car on the website or pick something from the available cars section. They have every variant there, within reason. You pay a €1000 refundable deposit and select to finance the car at the checkout. I spoke with finance Ireland before buying mine to work out monthlies I was happy with first. I can't remember how I got in touch but I presume through the Polestar Website. They were very helpful in Finance Ireland to be fair and we went back and forth quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Saw my first one of these last weekend. Nice looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd be expecting wireless mobile charging on any new car at this stage.

Also don't think a heated steering wheel is too much to ask for. Or tinted windows for that matter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It should be standard. Heated front and rear seats, heated wheel, privacy glass. The wireless charging in on the fence as all they do is generate heat. The MagSafe system Apple is using is great and I’m sure there’s something androids use too to match.

The genetic wireless charging I find useless. I always end up leaving my phone in the cup holder 😂

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wireless charging is a must now tbh. An not massage tbh. Most good brands seem to have a sit on mat or slot in a gap approach with the device charging and all controls via android auto or apple carplay

Heat? Negligible. Not even a real concern tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭GusGus

I must say I absolutely loved my test drive . I thought the dual motor was amazing for power . Ok not as refined as a BMW , not as comfortable and a little bit plastic.

Only drawback is when you have a trade in …it’s a real put off when you are totally low balled on your trade in . Like almost insulting.. Yes I know you can sell privately but it just leaves a really bad and suspicious taste about doing business with them … anyways just my thoughts 💭

Agree, but I think everywhere is doing that these days as stocks have built up. Its not unusual in 2023 to be pants dropped on any trade anywhere.

Ah there is pants dropped and then there is just pure greed. I totally understand the need to get a profit, costs and VAT but I think some are just taking the pxxx .

They're not. They don't want trades. Check tesla for example. Love shipping new units. Hate having trade stock so low ball so as not to have to deal with it.

Wireless charging isn't really necessary. Very few people have this on their phone. Tinted windows no, but Polestar have scandi designers and it's not a feature that looks good on this particular car. You have auto rear view dimming as standard if that helps. I wouldn't spec tinted windows anyway. They're going out of favour and a bit of a nardo grey, boy racer thing if you ask me.

No heated steering wheel. Heated electrically adjustable front seats. Biggest draw of the P2 is android automotive which absolutely annihilates the system in our ID4 and previous 221 Audi. No messing about with connectivity issues. You get in and the car is fully connected to your phone, audio and internet straight away with no blackouts.

Different cars have different features. I want a reliable car with top notch software that works every time I get into it. I have no use for a heated steering wheel or black rear windows. The longer our family owns a P2 and an ID4, the more I am noticing how much better the P2 is. It just works and I can't say that about the VW. Even the scheduled charging is so much more simple and reliable. My wife can't schedule charges in our ID4 because most of the time the car has a brain fart and goes offline.

If you're changing brands you will be lowballed everywhere. I got the best trade in offer on my Audi from Spirit/Polestar. Lower offers from every other garage. Granted if I went back to a VAG garage I would get more but I didn't want another VW product.

Good to hear - but I’d say not a general experience. Totally accept that if changing brands you loose more . However I do think it is holding Polestar back in Ireland.

I think they are doing okay. It’s still a new brand that the general public knows nothing about and they are shifting cars at least. I know going into Polestar I was flustrated with VAG quality and service and wanted something different. I definitely took a hit on my trade in but the 3.9% apr rate was good at the time when everyone else was offering over 6%. There’s talk of them targeting Porsche in the future and that means more expensive cars focused on performance over every day practicality. If they go that direction, I’m priced out and will be looking at what other brands enter the market in the future.

• Advertisement

Still interested in the 4. Pricing dependent. It has such a clean design.

Advertisement