Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

@Alun

Hard to say what the issue is (possibly the sub par Exynos Modem, but that is just heresay and a presumption on my part)

As far as i know with Pixels, one can go into Network & Internet -> Sims, and choose LTE / 4G Only ( It was possible on my old Pixel 3aXL)

Not a solution but 5G is a battery drainer from what i know and 4G is fast enough for most people, so if that option is there it may be the temporary solution

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I might need to do that, although I may experiment with the placement of the phone too, to see if that's an issue. I bought a wireless Android Auto adapter recently so just keep the phone in my pocket, but might see if it works better putting it in the wireless charging tray instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 opofit

Had been having issues with my pixel 7 - in that it kept dropping calls with 3 network. Call would start on 5g and shortly thereafter signal would drop to 4g -no issue - and then the call would just drop. Straight after the reception signal would read H!

3 in fairness tried resolving with a new SIM card, network reset X3, all the usual turn off turn on, etc. I tried everything, turning on/off wifi calling, restricting to 4g/3g. Eventually 3 offered to take the phone for diagnostic/repair. .

That reaulted in a new pixel 7 being issued. Unfortunately, same issue arose with the brand new phone. I returned the phone again for diagnostic/repair and they found no errors. But it's continuing to drop calls.

I'm bemused as I really like the phone but I can't rely on it to do what a phone is primarily to do - make/take calls. The issue seems to be when the signal strength changes (from 5g to 4g to 3g etc) the phone cant manage it and the call drops.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Hi all, I just took my Pixel 7 Pro out of the case to clean it, and I discovered that the lower back glass cover is broken. Any ideas about the best way to get it repaired?

Thanks,

R

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone have an issue where their on screen keyboard shrinks to an unusable size? Been happening on my pro for a few weeks now.. from searches it seems to be something android auto related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

It's a known issue with Gboard. I find that rotating the screen is the quickest fix.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yes. I've been on to them about it and they're no help. Clear the app cache or restart the phone is what they've told me. Only happens to the English one for me. I run it in English/Spanish/Catalan and flipping to the other two it's perfectly normal but as soon as I flip to English it shrinks again.Happens on my wife's 6A as well.

Am considering sending it back to them under warranty as a software issue and seeing if I can get a free upgrade out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Happening me too. Was hoping the update the other day would sort it but no luck. If you click the bottom right and change it from keyboard, to voice keyboard and then back it sorts it too.

Advertisement