Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Does the 7 Pro work on eir 5g now? heard rumblings on the internet of it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

My friend has Pixel 7 with Eir. No 5G and WiFi calling

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Pixel 7 plus Pixel Buds Pro for sale in Amazon Germany for 565 https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BQ312H3W?th=1

I bought the Pixel 7 on its own from there for 575 a few days ago, going to return that and order the above now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

Wow that's some deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭TheRona

That's a great deal. I do love the buds pro. Get a lot more usage than my Bose headphones ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great deal but getting a failed to add item to basket message. Looks like bundle all gone anyway. Phone on its own available, works out at 570, which includes 7 euro for delivery

Works out at 540 on Amazon uk if you pay in sterling, import fees included. 554 if you pay in Euro

The same deal is/was available on Amazon UK earlier today, for around the price. Of course, as soon as you put in an Irish delivery address, it says currently unavailable. No issues to a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

€135 off Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro on the Google Store. Also discounts on Pixel Watch, Buds and cameras.

R

514 for Pixel 7is very good, very tempting. Any issues with Three regarding 5G?

I haven't seen any issues with 5G on Three. My biggest gripe with them at the moment is the lack of Wi-Fi Calling.

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone having any battery issues recently? My 7 and my wife's 6A have both nosedived recently when it comes to battery life.

Did u update during the week?

Was another one out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I did, bit this was ongoing before the update and isn't much better since.

My battery is steady,not fantastic lately

But I get most of the day

Was a bit better.

If all else fails, factory reset maybe your only option.

Last resort obviously.

If mine gets worse I'll return to apple next year.

But ATM I'm loving the pixel, fairly decent yoke.

Optimse charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

Managed to get VoLTE and VoWiFi working on my pixel 7 following the methods by kyujin-cho. Easy steps that doesn't require root.

After applying the patch, contacted Three CS and ask them to provisions my sim for 4G and wifi calling. Happy days

Thanks for info. I did this same and work. I contacted Three CS by app to provision my sim. Connected to WiFi with Airplane mode on I can make and recive calls ;-) Haven't tried yet VoLTE

I have only different question - why we need kyujin-cho methond if Three is supported network in Ireland by Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

Don't really know the reasons, but according to Three, Pixel is not on their list of supported devices. Only Samsungs and iPhones on the list.

Latest security update is available.

Touch:

Improvements for touch screen response in certain conditions *[1]

User Interface:

Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen UI elements to overlap with home screen launcher interface

Post edited by TheRona on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

7A starts 10th May

90hz screen. Wireless charging. Tensor 2. 64mp camera.

Be interesting to see the VF offer on this shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭wassie

7A available with free Pixel A series buds €509 on Google Store with free shipping.

Just created a new thread for the 7a

The latest feature drop is out. A few new features, including cinematic wallpapers, which seems pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Eir is now listed on Googles 5G availablity.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Yeah got the update there and 5G is back. No sign of wifi calling though unfortunately

I just noticed that WiFi calling is now enabled on my Pixel 7 Pro.

R

What network are you with? I'm on eir. How can you check it's enabled?

Just checked my pixel 7 and its enabled for 3. To check go to network and Internet and then Calls & SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I'm with GoMo and when I click "Calls and SMS" both options are greyed out and appear to be locked to GoMo. I presume this means it's not available for me?

Yeah same on eir, it's just greyed out

• Advertisement

Check - Settings/Network and Internet/ SIMs/ and your network (GoMo/Eir). My friend with Eir has 5G (tested). He has VoLTE (not tested) but there is no WiFi calling.

After update I have 4G calling & WiFi calling. 5G in Three was before update.

Advertisement