Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How low do people think these might go by Black Friday? Or the 7A even? I need a phone but could hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

And the pro is 689. That the cheapest it's been? Was down to 719 for Google's Birthday sale.

Edit: actually comes to 714 when you go through with purchase.

Post edited by Jofspring on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Are those Amazon prices are Sterling and not Euros? Helps to state which currency.

Also double check who is selling those phones. They may be fulfilled (shipped and delivered) by Amazon, but actually sold by a third party.

Watch for any phone sold by Branded co uk in particular.

I purchased a cheap Pixel 7 a few weeks back (see my post here). The P7 phone, whilst new, turned out to be a grey market import and was for Asia/AU/US - this meant no 2 year manufacturer warranty. Also may not have all the required 4G/5G frequencies for UK/EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wavert

Post updated with currency - valid observation. Item mention was sold by Amazon.

Note price has increased this morning. €511 delivered.

Ah - sorry I assumed you were referring to Amazon UK - is that the Amazon France? I'd have no issued buying from Amazon as a seller.

Vodafone have also adjusted prices down fractionally, but still not worth posting. With the P8 & P8 Pro being launched in a week (4th Oct), I'd be holding off as we normally see a corresponding price drop on the superseded models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Thinking of picking up a Pixel 7 for €515 or a 7 Pro for €695 on Adverts. Has anyone here compared the 7 to the 7 Pro? I mainly use it for the camera, is there a huge difference between the two? I'm upgrading from a Huawei P30 Pro.

I'm torn between getting one now and waiting until next week but I can't see the 7 Pro coming much below €695 on the official store when the 8 is announced. Given the rumored higher price of the 8 and 8 Pro I think Google will keep their pricing for the 7/7 Pro as it is for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭TheRona

I think the Pro is worth it for the zoom lens, if you're planning on taking quite a few photos. You could pick up a fairly mint 7 Pro for around €500 on Adverts, and I'd say you'll see a lot appearing on there soon after people have upgraded to the 8/8 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gaillimh

Anyone bought from T Dimensions? Seeing an ad for a 7 Pro 256Gb for €800 on Ebay.

It's a birthday present for the wife so don't want to get a used one (no matter how lightly) and think 128Gb realistically isn't large enough storage space these days.

The 7 is tempting as a lot cheaper but she has a 6.6 inch phone now (one of the M Samsung models from a few years ago) and I think would find it hard to go back to the smaller screen size of the 7.

Good question :-) I have an iphone for the past three years and just gone above 128Gb myself (have a 256Gb model).

And I would not be a heavy photo or video user compared to a lot of people.

The lack of expandable storage via SD card these days is a drawback.

• Advertisement

It's really not that big a deal. You can transfer data off and on to a USB C thumb drive. I've had multiple micro SD cards get corrupted in the past, so I'd never rely on them for anything important.

I've also got about 1.3TB of cloud storage through MS/Google etc, which helps.

All depends on how much risk you are comfortable with. I would think your money is safe if the phone wasn't delivered, although claiming it back can take a while with ebay.

Also what happens if theres an issue with phone? As per my recent post also, I would be worried about getting a grey market import, with getting a phone that its UK/EU region to ensure you have 2 year manufacturer warranty (see my previous post).

Alternatively, you could end up with a great phone at a great price.

Interesting. I don't have any cloud storage but maybe a Google One subscription is the way to go. We'd probably get the use out of that between us.

Can get a Samsung S22 Plus for similar money to the Pixel 7 Pro so will probably go with one or the other 128Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The main use of storage on my phone is photos / videos. I back everything up to Google Photos and if for whatever reason my phone fills up I just delete all the photos from the phone safe in the knowledge it is all backed up to the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Just started the update to Android 14

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭cromelex

Checked and just got the update ready on mine. Downloading now

Takes a very long time to update all of the apps once the OS is installed.

Years ago when I used to constantly flash Android ROMs, there was talk about how long it took to build the Dalvik Cache afterwards and how Google were going to speed it up.

Fast forward best part of 10 years, and now it seems to take almost an hour to update a ROM and optimise the apps afterwards. It's ridiculous.

Im coming on to 2 hours......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Left mine running on my 6 Pro and was checking it periodically and it got to about 75% before it said it had paused because the battery was now too low. I plug it in so it can continue and it's now gone back to the start 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Updated my Pixel 6 to Android 14. Don't see no massive difference in it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have been running the 14 beta on my 7 Pro for a while now. It's not a massive upgrade in features. Some subtle changes in customisation and look & feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Porting from Eir to Vodafone's esim with Pixel 7 for sole reason to avail of WiFi calling but not entirely sure whether Vodafone supports WiFi calling for SIM free devices. On their website it goes up to pixel 5.

Anybody with Vodafone payg & SIM free Pixel 7 getting WiFi calling?

Tia

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

By the way, I got my SIM replaced for an eSIM at my local Three store today. It took about 5 minutes because it was the first time they'd done it. I'm billpay with Thee on a Pixel 7 Pro.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

What have owners of the 7's experience been like with the modem?

I wonder if the issues one sees on Reddit (signal level / call dropping) is more to do with North America and a non-issue over here.

I would have had intermittent issues, which I think became more noticeable when I started using an eSIM as well as my regular SIM. An example is leaving the cinema recently, I noticed that both my signal bars had an ! on them, and I had to go to Airplane Mode and then back again to get my signal going. This has happened more than once at random times.

I don't think it's a deal breaker, but I can definitely notice that my signal is more consistent now that I'm on a different phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Appreciate the replies @TheRona & @[Deleted User]

• Advertisement

I found the found to be much better than the P6, especially connecting to 5G. I travel a lot around the country and I have good connectivity than before (I am with Eir).

Advertisement