Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So, does anyone think there will be any further reductions on the 7?

Im still using a 4 , which is dying......

I'm not sure I could possibly spend so much on the 8, but I'd hate to but the 7 this week and then it's lowered in 2 weeks time.

Also, I'm on a sim only, is the Google store the best place to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

Vodafone have been cheapest in recent years. They regularly have the Pixels on sale - they havent been for the last couple of months so I would expect they will shortly. But thats only an educated guess.

If it were me I would be holding tight, especially after the P8 becomes available in stores from 12th onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

Given the higher price of the 8 I'd be surprised if there will be any drop in prices for the 7 over the next few weeks. If they had released the new phones at the last gens prices they would have had to drop the price of the 7 and 7 pro but there's a real differentiation between the two on the Google store - €649 for the 7 vs €799 for the 8.

I picked one up from Zteck in Naas last weekend for €515, very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Google saying they're willing to give seven years of OS upgrades for the 8, it's only three for the 6 and 7. Reading between the lines I would take that to mean the they're much happier with the Tensor 3 as its the first chip they're happy to support long term, I would definitely pay the extra for the 8 over the 7 if I was upgrading right now. You could get the free watch or buds for preordering it and sell those to ease the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

Hi folks. Did you ever encounter any problem when using Pixel 7 as mobile hotspot? Thinking of getting a Pixel and I will be using it as a hotspot.

• Advertisement

Use it as a hotspot all the time for connecting multiple devices for streaming and zoom meets. Works great with a 5G signal. It gets warm, but phones will when using them in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I got gomo wifi calling on my pixel 7 pro but one thing I noticed is that when I get a missed call over wifi it doesn't forward the caller to voicemail, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Took me three goes but finally fitted a Whitestone dome glass screen protector on my 7 pro. Feels perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Would it be suitable for the reg 7? One i have is a little small and gathers dirt around the edges

I'm sure they do one specifically for the 7 as well. I have a spare now from the set if anyone interested in it to try on their 7 pro. Have the rig, adhesive, bridge etc.. might keep it though in case I drop the phone and it needs replacing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Do Google do any trade in deals, i.e. if you have a 7 in excellent condition you could trade it in for an 8 for a fee?

Last year I sold my 6 to cex and got a decent price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭gaillimh

Anyone buy from this seller on Adverts?

They seem to have a physical shop in Clondalkin & good feedback.

https://www.adverts.ie/member/1906727

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

I bought a p7 a few weeks ago from their shop in naas. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Same here, I got P7Pro from the Naas store. Brand new, sealed box, not issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Be wary of this all please, it has f*cked my Pixel 6 and from the Google issue tracker, seems to be hitting Pixel 7, 8 and Fold also

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cbogbo

P7 battery life suddenly got much worse?? Anyone else experience this?

i have a Pixel 7 that I bought out in Canada. I moved back to Ireland in September.

Recently, in past few months, my battery life has gone to sh*t. But according to AccuBattery, the health is 97% and almost full capacity is available. I'm really confused. The downturn seemed quite sudden too. It used to have pretty decent battery life and now can't get 2/3rds of a day on average use; it's now worse than my iPhone 8 Plus with 83% health that it replaced.

I've gone through all apps and deleted a few, turned off background usage in some.. Didn't see any smoking gun there. I've switched off a few features too but tbh I don't see anything there either that would cause the sudden change. Also this was on Android 13 when this started and upgrading to Android 14 didn't improve it. I did notice the phone running cooler, as others have said online on upgrade to 14, but hasn't translated to noticeable improvement in battery life.

I'm on eir and I was wondering if that's why? I see earlier in this forum that they didn't support Pixel before. I do get 5G on it (works well, 110mbps in rural area on fast.com) but maybe the phone doesn't work well with that network for some reason, maybe it's hitting the battery life harder? If I do the 'View by systems" view in "Battery Usage" in settings, "Mobile Network" uses the most, at 45% followed by CPU at 32%. But I never looked at that in the past so I can't tell if that's abnormally high.

Any thoughts/info would be appreciated. Pretty bummed out, was a pretty cool phone until this.

No issues here. Also on Eir, where it's fully supported now by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TheRona

The reporting on battery usage is useless, very rarely would it show up a clear culprit.

Signal can always cause a lot of drain, either having poor signal, and I also think the chip in the Pixels isn't good with 5G, so you're better to stick with 4G for battery life.

Google can also sporadically cause major drain with their services. I know I had some serious battery drain for sometimes weeks at a time when I had a Pixel, and it was fixed by Google updating stuff on their side.

• Advertisement

That's interesting. So maybe there's no point in changing network. How long have you had the phone btw?

Yeah I've read a lot about modem and network problems in recent Pixel phones over past 24 hrs. I wish I'd known this before buying. I feel like I'm stuck with a total dud now. Starting to regret switching from iPhone... I've switched to 4G only, turned off 'mobile data always on' and manually selected network rather than automatic setting, as recommended by some online users. It's just really lame that have to turn features like this off in a supposedly premium phone. Hopefully it'll work though.

Day 1. Zero modem issues either, so don't believe everything you read online

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭qaz123

Thinking of getting pixel 7 available from three for 450euro seems a good deal, direct from Google is 499.

Before I pull the trigger wondering can anyone confirm is WiFi calling available on gomo original 9.99 plan

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Its possible but with a bit of a hack. Instructions in link below. I have it working well on same plan as you.

https://github.com/kyujin-cho/pixel-volte-patch/blob/main/README.en.md

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

A friend picked up a P7 for €359 from Currys today, sounded like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

Pixel 8 Pro in Three Pre Paid €919, Pixel 8 for €599

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AgnesCalhoun1

Does anyone know wifi calling works on the Pixel 7 with GoMo?

Go back 4 posts - same question was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not really sure where to put this question, might be better under the general Mobiles category depending on what the root cause is, but here goes ...

I have a Pixel 7 Pro, and up until recently had a 4G PAYG plan with Vodafone. I changed over to an unlimited 5G plan (for the same price!) and have started to have some strange issues when moving between 4G and 5G areas, mainly noticeable when in my car streaming music via Android Auto.

What happens is that instead of switching seamlessly from 4G to 5G, it seems to go completely offline for a good few seconds, displaying a "!" in the signal strength indicator, and then switching. The streaming apps then stop and I have to press play again to get them restarted.

So, not sure if this is s Pixel issue or a Vodafone issue. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Post edited by Alun on

Advertisement