Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Another treasure hunt done, another stupid "cap of the wild" of whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished the lightning temple last night, fantastic. My favourite so far.

4 main temples done, now to finish shrines and quests in the desert before going back to Lookout Landing.

I am now on 170 hours.

FYI new patch out overnight (1.2.0), some quests fixed and no doubt some duplication glitches removed.

Ver. 1.2.0 (Released July 4, 2023)

General Updates

• By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
      • Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.

Additional Fixes

• Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
    • Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
    • Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
    • Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

60 FPS

Glad I waited for 1.2.

😁

Edit ... Joking !

One thing 60 FPS would be noticeable for is all the physics effects. They'd be a lot smoother.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭jj880

FFS. I downloaded the update and dived from skies to the surface to test.

Nearly had myself convinced the frame rate was better. 🤣

Sorry.

However, I would not be surprised though if they have smoothed out performance. They did this with BOTW.

I'm using OLED TV regular mode to smooth the display. But I'm convinced the latency is off with the controller. Keep screwing up flurry rush. But then when I goto game mode I really don't notice a difference latency wise. Maybe I'm just crap at combat. 😄

• Advertisement

No need to apologise. It was a good jape.😅

Yeah lets go with they must have changed something. That makes me feel less senile👀.

Possible to keep regular mode but turn on low latency? Must fiddle with my settings again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Between rebuying the botw buying the collectors of both botw and totk and buying the amiibos for both games I've spent over €600 and still haven't made a dent in either game I'll be playing both until at least Christmas 2024, 45 minutes earlier tonight changing the date on my switch to rescan the amiibos to get full outfits and chase down the dusk bow Big Gorons Sword and amass over 500 arrows. Time to go monster hunting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's fake high frame rate and high latency or low latency and low frame rate unfortunately. Post processing like that is going to add heaps of latency.

I know, you've said this but It does look a lot better.

Going to hover up resources, shrines, etc etc in this mode and then use an LCD monitor for the serious combat stuff I think. I don't play handheld.

Also, the Switch supports Bluetooth headphones now. Didn't realise that.

Just going in a random direction and hoovering up shrines. Think once I've max out the shrines I'll go back to the main game.

Love the shrine puzzles and just gliding around. The shrine puzzles are excellent. Could only exist in a video game and they make logical and physical sense, so even though the concept is preposterous your brain accepts it as valid.

It's like the art direction and animation in the game. It doesn't need high resolution and photo realistic textures to be believable.

Avoiding any major combat. Just doing side quests, propping up signs, checking out how the place has changed since BOTW. Really, is this the perfect "cosy" game ?

A couple of times I was about to call it a halt for today, then a rock drops from the sky and I just have to get on it to see where it goes in reverse. Got the glide suit after a fun challenge.

Finding the depths bland or maybe just too much game. Was wondering if the seeds stay lit all the time, but nope, they time out, and was left in pitch darkness. Have lights zonal devices, so they'll come in handy.

Haven't extended my "battery". Must figure out the currency for that. Only using the building aspect of things when I have to. But I'll get into I think before I finish the main quest line.

Really, it's an incredible game and excellent value.

• Advertisement

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleEngineering/comments/14rjw69/2_fan_hoverbike_using_the_the_recent_gamechanging/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1

Upgraded hoverbike design with 1 part added to the previous design. Turns much tighter. Glides better so descends much slower. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

And finished. Definitely didn't enjoy as much as BotW - but got a good solid 85 hours out of it, got about 140 Shrines, and uncovered about 95% of the depths, beat a lot of the gloom bosses, and upgraded a few outfits.

All in all, a very solid game, that just didn't resonate with me the way BotW did. I'll park it for a while until the inevitable DLC comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Someone at Nintendo defo played Horace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

**** loathed that entire quest from the moment you went into the chasm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

JFC, I just realised the roots in the Depths correspond with Shrines on the surface. Haha, mind blown

The game is really best played with as little spoilers as possible.

Ok, finally found something very useful in the depths. Now I really want to go build things. 😁 Was also fun getting there by minecart. The scale of this thing is staggering.

Also, I love how something I found on the surface marked something very useful in the depths. And that led to something VERY useful. 😁

Was also wondering how the ordinary people get up and down to the depths ... without paragliders, fast travel, ... it must be by balloon 😁

Also, got back to the great plateau and the original shrine of resurrection. Where it all started 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

*Cough, cough*

Pristine Royal Guard Claymore

Long build up to it was great. Fight itself was a let down compared to the previous ones.

Horace! What a mad game that was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TotK comes out. Solid 30 fps performance except in some busy areas and forests for some reason.

The internet: OMG the switch is so rubbish, we need switch 2. Performance is awful.

FF16 comes out and can barely hit 30 fps is performance mode.

The internet:

That lashing rain today and the rising mist after reminding me of BOTW/TOTK. Except I can't fast travel somewhere sunny or snowy when it's raining. 😀

• Advertisement

Its well miserable in Donegal. Giving rain until Saturday.

So gonna hang on to TOTK cart until DLC. Game is so good would be a shame not to.

Also BOTW DLC was excellent. I think it came out about 6 months after main game release? So hopefully we'll see TOTK DLC for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It'll be like Horizon Forbidden West and the DLC will be exclusive to the Switch 2 version of TOTK. 😃

Gotta love Sony's DLC shenanigans.

Opened RE8 gold edition disc last week. Gold portion of it is a 1 time code inside the case. The cool kids on reddit say Im an old fuddy duddy who didn't know this is now standard practice. Fair enough but it still felt like a mugging 😅.

As far as I know Nintendo dont do this. They deserve credit for that.

While Nintendo Switch games are on cartridge ...

Nintendo DLC is digital only and tied to accounts.

For sure Ive no probs with digital DLC.

What I mean for example is you cant buy a BOTW cart with "Gold edition" plastered on the case and when you open it the expansion pass is a code. Id rather keep it basic physical edition and the digital DLC separate if its not included on the cart/disc.

Edit: unless theres an obvious reason this cant happen Im missing. Anyway going a bit off topic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it's standard enough. I guess that way they only have to print one version of the game and throw the code in then. It's not like GotY versions which would usually include everything on the disc.

Like I think the gold edition of the first Mario & Rabbids included a code for the DLC.

One thing that might be valuable in the future is a cartridge with all the patches on it. So, I believe later BOTW carts have the patched version on the cart. So, it's Nintendo server free 😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man I feel chuffed when I manage to stick a fan onto a plank of wood. Then I see tweets like with this maniac:

Did an actual TOTK developer or QA put that one out I wonder 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

TOTK really is an amazing game. It's like they took BOTW, multiplied the world by 3 and then threw in bit of Minecraft for added creativity

Advertisement