Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Found the fire temple cart craic to be a tedius snoozefest.

TOTKs Water Temple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Only used bullet time at the end as I had to. Was shooting it with gibdo bones when the heads were lying on the ground at the start but yeah was over pretty quickly. Not sure why some complain about the combat in this game. This fight was a spectacle on the bridge at night time. Will look for a king gleeok this evening. Got a 144 damage weapon made up for the lynels also. Thats my highest. Would be interested to know if you can get any higher. Maybe with a attack modifier...

Found a spot with 2 groups (or flocks?) of keese that come out at 9pm. A bomb arrow into each 1 give an easy 28 keese eyeballs. Very handy for homing arrows. Edit: you dont have to get them coming out of the cave. They will come out and fly in a circle for a while outside. Easy to spot and hit.

Heres the spot:

Just outside the shrine on sahasra slope. Outside the cave openings on either side of just beneath the shrine

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I completely and utterly broke the Fire Temple through a mixture of Ascend, making weird **** and, when all else failed, just climbing. Kinda feel less bad about dodging the core design of it now you've said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Yeah you can go really high, those weapons involve being on your last heart or last couple of swings of durability though.

On the back of a Lynel the hits don't count against durability. So if you find a pristine royal claymore, smack it off the ground until it's damaged, then fuse something high damage to it. Using a 3+ attack potion or wearing the attack bonus armour can see damage really sky rocket. I think there's a couple of other tricks but that's the gist of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man I really just can't get into the Depths at all. Dark, dreary and very samey; just no fun constantly thwanging light seeds everywhere (I have two pieces of appropriate armour as well), and the Gloom is just an unholy pain in the àss.

I think it's great down there. All the best stuff. And when a frox or other huge boss comes looming out of the dark it's a real blast.

Are you not using the light roots to light up the area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I am of course, I just don't find the area especially satisfying or engaging. It's just so enclosed compared with the rolling vistas of above ground & in the sky.

I think its great throwing a brightbloom into the darkness. Could hit a wall right in front of you or disappear completely into a valley. I must be easily entertained 🤣.

YMMV as is often the case; I get a bit irritated trying to keep my arrows stocked up on the surface, where they're used as weapons; having to use them as guides in the darkness was cute at first, but got a bit tedious after a fashion TBH. I'll seek out the last bit of the Armour and see how I go - maybe the full set negates the need to pathfind with Arrows/Seeds?

There also seems to be much less stuff and points of interest down there; while the only people are those 'effin Yiga ássholes; I grew tired of the whole "I'm a normal person ... OH-NO-I'M-NOT!!" set piece on the surface, that everyone down there is Yiga is like, whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find the heads hard to hit without a lynel bow sometimes, especially the king gleeloks.

Had a tough time with a frost one, more a pain in the ass than anything as getting frozen is a pain and getting ganked by their last desperation attack happens too frequently. They also seem to aim their beams inn a much tougher pattern to avoid.

I've been trying to finish off the side quests, though one night would do it (I had 94 out of 139 complete and a few side missions that all seemed to be related to Penn). Two nights later and I feel I'm getting to the end of them all other than the busy work ones like that wells which can feck off.

You got a star fragment? Fuse it to your shield. It helps with the darkness.

For sure there is less stuff. I like looking at the map every time i light a new root and pin stuff that looks interesting. There are some good surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I rarely used arrows so as not to waste them. Usually just threw the seeds.

The parts I found annoying were running into walls that could climb only to reach the ceiling instead of land. Then found out

Those walls match with rivers, etc. on the surface so would use the surface map to find how to get around it.

Interesting. Im well stocked up on the keese eyeballs from those 2 flocks before and after blood moons. Must try them on gleeok heads. They work great for lynels.

Yeah Im finding some of the sidequests a bit grindy also but haven't got bored yet.

I've kept the star fragments 'cos IIRC you can use that for armour... "somehow"?

Ah it's just the overall vibe of the place. Just not gelling with it; and I accept it's a purely personal, non-intellectual thing. I'll persist 'cos I'm sure there's stuff down there worth getting but gimme those open skies please haha.

Smash every crate/box you see. Usually keeps arrows well stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep, Beadles wallet has been suffering as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I was the same with the Depths until I spent a bit of time down there and got some of the map lit up and now I'm loving it. Another thing I found that helped was every time I come across a chasm I dive in and hit up a lightroot or two. At first I'd just go in and out ASAP but now I'm finding myself stay longer and longer.

Havent seen them in the materials for armour upgrades yet myself. Yeah could be other ways. Like letting those annoying octo heads suck your weapons in.

Id go for some DLC with a new level below the Depths. The Deeper Depths 😅. DLC with more skies for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the star fragments are only really used for the armour that lets you cosplay previous links.

• Advertisement

There's a Rito village quest that gives you 10 arrows for every X item you give to one of them.

They're usually shite things that you'd have no use for otherwise. Well worth doing.

Rolled credits there. Spectacular end sequence. 155 hours apparently, the most I've ever put into a single player game.

Im 400 hours total on both on TOTK + BOTW.

Managed to get my BOTW cart sold a few weeks back for 30 euro to a boardsie also.

So 90 euro for 400 of the best gameplay hours ever. Hard to beat.

Can I just say: Koltin and Kilton, please fúck off forever.

I know those Koroks get a lot of shít for some reason, but I think they're kinda sweet in appearance. I've no interested in helping them, but they're harmless. Those two troll ... things look hideous, their sound-bites claws down the blackboard.

True. They have some top quality merch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

As long as you turn your volume down while trading cos OMG, the noise was borderline unbearable. A rare blemish, cos I've kinda grown fond of TOTK's sidestep around a fully-voiced cast; the little grunts and emotive hmmms kinda charming after a fashion. Then along come those two and my ears instantly bleed.

You think they be worth something in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Maybe, but mostly you or your family might want to play them again. And Nintendo going to go all digital, all subscription crap. Also, if you have your own copy, you can play that 4K upscaled etc etc etc version legally on some future emulator ...

• Advertisement

Fair enough. My son aint into Zelda so I'll try to offload TOTK soon too. Tried to have an old console room once. Missus wasnt havin it. She wasnt for being convinced either 😅

Advertisement