Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Muse have headlined Reading and Leeds which are comparable and ran by festival Republic and even smaller festivals than Electric picnic. Ekect, Mallorca live, Summer well and a host of small Spanish and French fests to name a few.

We had The Strokes, Kendrick Lamar, Arctic Monkeys and Billie Ellish in the past couple of years with Blur further on back. We were supposed to have RATM this year.

Its entirely possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not really, the likes of AM headlined this year and played Malahide on the previous tour? Hell even Picture This and Dermot Kennedy sold more tickets than that over their summer shows this summer.

Hopefully if Muse do play Ireland they do their own show instead with Royal Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

EP is 70,000 you realise. Muse play smaller festivals than that. As do Depeche Mode and all others mentioned.

There are now only a very select bunch of acts out of the reach of EP. And none have been mentioned here.

Muse would be comparable to Arctic Monkeys in terms of album sales, venues played and Glastonbury headline status. The Arctics are very likely to headline there again in 2023 for the third time.

Muse are far from being out of the reach of one of the biggest festivals in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm curious who is in the elite category?

AC/DC

Paul McCartney

Kanye

Fleetwood Mac

Rolling stones

U2

Beyonce

Jay Z

Who are the biggest most costly acts at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 abidub

Aha would be incredible - saw them in the 3Arena and was so impressed. Would love to see Robyn too.

I know EP don’t really bring back the same big headliners but I’d love to see 2ManyDJs again at it. Found all other main acts the last few years a bit dull, bar NERD, Lana Del Rey and I’ve gone to nearly all 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

I think Depeche Mode and Muse are well within reach. In recent years, EP have been spot on in securing bookings for artists about to explode internationally; Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa to name but two. I can see Hozier headlining too.

Possible acts for 23 that I would like to see (not saying they would actually get booked:)

Mainstage: RATM, Greenday, Boomtown Rats, Fluke, Lorde

Legacy Acts: The Presidents of the USA, Placebo, Kelis, Beck

Terminus: Tall Paul, Darren Emerson, Joy Orbison, Amelie Lens (again, yes please)

Salty Dog: The Roadhouse Doors (I mean c'mon, where were they this year?)

What about Garth? 😁 And possibly The Who also though they played Oxegen, Metallica, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele and some others. The list isn't long.

Otherwise all correct though Kanye probably off that list as he plays some festivals that are smaller than EP, though usually in the US. Kendrick arguably a bigger act and a bigger draw over the past few years.

Serious possibilities then for some of the six main slots - Muse, Depeche Mode, LCD Soundsystem, A-ha, Rage Against the Machine, Hozier, Gavin James, Gorillaz, Orbital, Leftfield, Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Roxy Music, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The 1975, Florence & the Machine, Alt-J, Charli XCX, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Suede, Liam Gallagher, Beck, etc.

A few acts I'd prefer to exclude but those are the ones that are more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How much did Megan thee stallion get for her performance this year do we think?

There was an excel “booking fee” list per artist out about 10 years ago, would love to see an updated version of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I like the idea of Leftfield twice 😉

I wasn't keen on their list of non-headline acts in that survey. I really struggled to fill the six slots and apart from MBV i wouldn't be pushed on what i did pick. Hhmph....

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Between 150k-250k for a sub headliner.

headliner 250k - 750k

there was a court case in 2014 where John Reynolds took FR to court and one issue was paying the killers €500k which Reynolds said was against his booking policy and was done behind his back as FR needed the killers for festival in Berlin i.e offered them multiple September festivals to sweeten the deal.

headliner fees depend on number of factors. International acts like the artic monkeys would get a premium but also as they were doing reading/Leeds for FR there was probably some reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭rubick

It's Bjork time. And if ATN book her even better, although having seen her Cornucopia show in the 3Arena her visuals would be better suited to EP Main Stage. Can't wait for the new album, The first single Atopos is a certified banger.

So in conclusion, Bjork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

some of the suggestions in the comments on facebook scare me 😂

This related to the 2012 festival, it’s well out of date + very different policies and practices in place now.

Megan was reported to cost $300,000 for a US show in 2021 according to a quick search on Google. I would expect her Irish fee to be more, due to general post pandemic increases but also wrappers tend to travel with a large entourage, I’m gonna guess that Megan does not do economy/coach 😂

She may have been closer to the €400,000 mark, which is extortionate, even 300k is far too much in my view. definite low bang for buck there!

My feeling was there was a sizeable crowd initially, but faded and faded with each song. I was standing to the right of the sound desk, we left after 25 minutes to catch the end of the pixies (1st Big compromise of the weekend for me) , even by that stage the crowd around us had massively thinned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I entered the first six as I didn't recognise any of the names!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Would be extremely happy to see Ewan McVicar on the Terminus list. Although he's a bit of an outlier on there being more on the acid house side of things, the rest (that I recognised) being techno. Sunil Sharpe would be a good local addition, he hasn't played in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭crl84

Terminus list is bizarre, most of them are nobodies that wouldn't even draw 100 people to a night in Dublin (if they even headlined), let alone anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Not sure if they have played EP before...Great band (those first three singles!) and still producing some good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Played the Bord Gas place in the docklands last time they were here, magnificent show but a terrible venue for it, hopefully we get them in the Olympia next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

I haven't been to EP since 2018, babies and a pandemic got in the way, are we still kicking teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

EP 2023 off to a bad start

• From EP’s questionnaire!!

• IF YOU COULD PICK ANY SIX HEADLINERS FROM THIS LIST - WHO WOULD THEY BE?
    • This field is required.
    • You can still pick them if you've already wished for them in Q1 😉

• 50 Cent

• Alanis Morrisette

• Bicep

• Billie Eilish

• Bjork

• Blink 182

• Blur

• Bruno Mars

• Calvin Harris

• Cardi B

• Dave

• Depeche Mode

• Diana Ross

• Doja Cat

• Drake

• Dua Lipa

• Duran Duran

• Eminem

• Florence + The Machine

• Frank Ocean

• George Ezra

• Gerry Cinnamon

• Gorillaz

• Green Day

• Harry Styles

• Hozier

• Imagine Dragons

• J Cole

• Jay-Z

• Kanye West

• Kendrick Lamar

• Kings of Leon

• Lana Del Rey

• LCD Soundsystem

• Lewis Capaldi

• Liam Gallgher

• Lionel Richie

• Lizzo

• Lorde

• Miley Cyrus

• Muse

• My Chemical Romance

• Niall Horan

• Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

• Nicki Minaj

• Noel Gallagher

• Olivia Rodrigo

• Panic! At The Disco

• Paolo Nutini

• Paramore

• Petshop Boys

• Phoebe Bridgers

• Pink

• Post Malone

• PULP

• Queens of the Stone Age

• Radiohead

• Rage Against The Machine

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Sam Fender

• Snoop Dogg

• Stormzy

• SZA

• Taylor Swift

• The 1975

• The Cure

• The Killers

• The National

• The Prodigy

• The Script

• The Strokes

• The Weeknd

• Travis Scott

• Twenty One Pilots

• Tyler, The Creator

• IF YOU COULD PICK ANY SIX NON-HEADLINERS FROM THIS LIST WHO WOULD THEY BE?
    • You can also choose acts you've listed in Q1 or 2 here 😊

• AJ Tracey

• Anitta

• Arlo Parks

• Aslan

• Bad Bunny

• Baby Keem

• beabadoobee

• Bell X1

• BlackPink

• Blossoms

• Bonobo

• boygenius

• Brent Faiyaz

• Burna Boy

• Caribou

• Caroline Polachek

• Central Cee

• Charli XCX

• Charlotte De Witte

• Chase Atlantic

• Christy Moore

• Clairo

• Conan Gray

• Damien Dempsey

• Denzel Curry

• Dominic Fike

• Fight Like Apes

• First Aid Kit

• Gavin James

• Giveon

• Glen Hansard

• HAIM

• IDLES

• Inhaler

• Interpol

• j-hope

• J Hus

• Jack Harlow

• Jamie T

• Jamie xx

• JID

• Joel Corry

• Johnny Marr

• Joji

• Jorja Smith

• Kasabian

• Kodaline

• Kraftwerk

• KSI

• Lil Nas X

• Loyle Carner

• Mabel

• Maisie Peters

• MGMT

• Mitski

• MK

• My Bloody Valentine

• Nas

• New Order

• Paul Weller

• Peggy Gou

• Pink Pantheress

• Rex Orange County

• Rick Astley

• Roisin Murphy

• Rosalia

• Royal Blood

• Sampha

• Sinead O'Connor

• Skepta

• Slowthai

• Steve Lacy

• Summer Walker

• Tems

• The Frames

• The Kid LAROI

• The War On Drugs

• The Wolfe Tones

• Tom Grennan

• Tom Odell

• Turnstile

• Wallows

• Wet Leg

• Wizkid

• Wu Tang Clan

• Years & Years

• WHO WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE PLAY TERMINUS NEXT YEAR?
    • Choose any six from the below list who you'd like to see play Terminus EP23 🏭

• Barry Can’t Swim

• Ben Hemsley

• blk.

• Boris Brejcha

• Charlie Sparks

• Charlie Sparks

• Eliza Rose

• Ewan McVicar

• Fjaak

• Folamour

• I Hate Models

• Interplanetary Channel

• LF System

• Michael Bibi

• Overmono

• Partiboi69

• Reinier Zonneveld

• Sama Abdulhadi

• Sherelle

• Skin On Skin

• T78

• TeeDee

• TSHA

• Two Shell

• Yung Sing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cvnts obviously don't want Bodhrandude to attend by deliberately omitting Aphex Twin from all these polls.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah sad news indeed but lads! They're holding auditions! If I know a good singing voice - and I think I do 😉 - there are at least a dozen possible candidates from this thread. @fourmations, I'm looking at you. Let's bring this one home lads.

• Advertisement

The actual Smiths should do this as well.

Advertisement