Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Anyone stay in the Silver Campsite this year? The 6 man tents are only viable option left in PM and not worth paying a grand for.

Is it a trek from Silver to the main arena?

Crazy money to buy a pitching spot, I know

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭505_

I was thinking of the Silver campsite this year but ended up in the Registered Section of the Eco campsite. It was great. 24 hour security only letting those with the Eco bands in. Very close to Red car park and an arena entrance. The only negative was arriving at 3pm on Friday there was very limited space left. They said they were only admitting people with 2 man tents at that stage. I'd imagine the Silver campsite has far superior toilet and shower facilities so that's a big plus. But for about 200 quid or whatever it costs I'll be aiming to get in to the Eco again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Was there only a set amount of tickets on sale today or could the whole thing have conceivably sold out? Presume they hold a few general sale tickets back for Feb/March?

Got two this morning easily enough, thought it'd be a lot trickier based on recent ticketmaster experiences. Roll on next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Set amount on sale, which they might have adjusted based on demand this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If you do go looking for a ticket, hit me up, I know someone who bought 4 today when they only needed 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Didn't stay there, passed it a couple of times and it wasn't that far from Freetown.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I was in silver, was class. Private entrance bright us straight to Freetown with no security checks. Probably saved 100 euro on drinks main arena in 15 mins tops

The showers and porcelain toilets were also very appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not sold out I take it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, the usual suspects of family camping, camper van etc are but general are not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Has anyone any idea how many Loyalty Tickets were available?

Did anyone have a code and get told they were all gone?

There are still Early Birds @235 Euro, but I have already used my code, so I can't check the availability of loyalty ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

To answer the second question first. There are still loyalty tickets available. If you have a code and don't have a ticket you could use it now.

The first question depends on how many early birds there are and then how many first time buyers are trying to buy them. I know someone who bought four early birds so that's four less loyalty available.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

The 235 Euro Early Birds seem to be gone now. It says 'Low Availavility', but there does not seem to be any.

Snarky Snark Snark

EP on twitter saying it’s sold out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just the early bird tickets, I assume more tickets will be made available later in the year or else when the lineup is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I've not yet been to ATN but all things being equal (weather, traffic, etc) it's probably more of a guaranteed good weekend than EP post-lockdown. Smaller and a with a better ratio of good acts to bad, freeflow and less walking. Enjoy it dude.

However it'll never match a great EP lineup (which I don't think we'll get one next year)and with a 70k attendance there are very few acts you can write off as possibilities. Big chance of Rage or Depeche Mode next year, little chance of both. Hozier and Gavin James to take up big slots. Roll on March and yet another bittersweeet announcement.

And when's the second announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Were there any searches at the silver entrance for the entire weekend? Definitely helps justify the price if not.

Aso curious as to how noisy the site was at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I wasn't searched once anyways, nor anyone I was with

I didn't have any bother with noise whatsoever, slept like a brick every night haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Was thinking you know who deserves a early headliner spot (before the main act)

Aslan.

If not next year then never.

Should have been asked to do this year in fairness due to Christy's failing health.

Was listening to their song 'This is'.

Listen to idles 'Danny Nekaldo' and then listen to this is. Very similar lyrically

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You do realise they’re playing the 3 arena next week?

Yep i knew, would have actually like to have gone but have other plans that evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Kennytheboy

Decided to finally bite the bullet and join u guys in the forum. Been stalking for years but the meet up talk made me jealous. Been going since 2013 and still not looking back. I'm in the early 40s bracket and always love to see the younger crowd at ep. We were them at witness and oxygen. And as someone said. We were the young people before they were people. If we were the only people at festivals they would be shite. Best moment of my ep life was introducing youngsters to the prodigy instead of the kooks in2018. Best live show ever. Don't know if they stayed but I tried. Looking forward to the chat boys and girls!

Post edited by Kennytheboy on

Welcome Kenny, and looking forward to meeting you in September 2023 (lineup dependent).

Maybe far from a popular choice but I'd love to see A-ha headline in 2023. I always liked the first two albums but was never a huge fan before getting dragged to see them at the O2 in London in 2016. Blown away. Great sound and Morten's voice is a thing of beauty. They'd easily be a match for that great Duran Duran set in 2017. Documentary in cinemas this week, album next month and hopefully a festival tour next Summer. Some may scoff but they're a more substantial act than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

For anyone interested or missed her at E.P. Cruel Sister has announced for Upstairs @Whelans Fri. 28th October.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Some interesting names being listed as possible acts for next year. Also you can win some tickets by entering the survey.

I reckon we will see Muse and Depeche Mode.

https://form.jotform.com/FRMarketing/ep22-survey

Always get my hopes up when they include Kanye and Frank Ocean on these surveys.

Snarky Snark Snark

Would take either of them but would much rather they shot their wad on just the one and then gave a really solid mid tier which was woefully lacking this year.

(frankly would happily have neither, seen muse and nice light show, DM will never top the Devotional tour (1993, jaysus I'm old))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Some mixed bag of names there. It could go so horribly wrong or so perfectly right. Shows you how big the festival has grown that there are very few acts who are out of reach. We're bound to get a few poppy type headliners but I'd be delighted with something like this:

Bicep, Petshop Boys, LCD Soundsystem, Sam Fender, Lana Del Rey, Lizzo

(trying to get a realistic balance.. Probably will be much worse than that).

I thought I was someone who is/was into dance music, but I only recognised about 3 names on their list of acts for Terminus.

Yes unfortunately I messed up their survey stats

I entered 6 Terminus acts I have zero idea about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Muse would be a bit big for EP, no? I mean, it'd be cool. They were fantastic at Glasto a couple of years ago but would have thought they'd need a bigger crowd than EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah probably too big. If an act can sell 30/40k tickets in ireland probably out of reach of EP.

Advertisement