Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

this is shaping up to be a serous 4th quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Big defensive plays after the Mahomes mistake. MVS has been huge.

Epic 4th quarter coming up!

FMD, 4th and 6 for 35 yards 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

Ffs what an outrageous 4th down throw from Burrow !

wow! tony completely wrong as usual lately. waht a call

• Advertisement

Hard to see the Chiefs being able to move the chains now and momentum is all with the Bengals.

Cook has had a poor game but what a play!

Hard to disagree....chiefs badly hobbled....yet I still can't take my eyes off it.....

rough PI call on bengals there. and that late push on burrows wasn't called earlier. even gene agrees not a foul.

Burrow to go down the field and win it now?

• Advertisement

hopefully....I need to go to bed😅

That intentional grounding might put a stop to my getting to bed soon...

Another class throw from Burrow

The chiefs would probably have beaten the bengals fairly easy in this game with a bit of luck and minus the injuries but Burrow is a class act.

Ffs ...why foul ....aaaagh, what kind of **** decision making is that

You tit ossai

Still if mahomes can recover over the next 2 weeks they will be better opposition for eagles than the bengals would have been imo....

BURROWHEAD MY ASS!!!

Let's gooooooooo

(That unnecessary roughness penalty was madness)

I think the refs very harsh on Bengals.

no matter how many times I see it, the owners lifting the trophy always make me go WTF. imagine the glazers lifting a trophy if Man Utd ever won anything

Travis Kelce letting them know about it. Eli Apple's mentions will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm still trying to get my head around how the Chiefs only won that game with a late field goal.

Eagles will destroy them.

Also I don't know the name of the player who pushed Mahomes but if I was the Bengals owner or coach he'd be traded or cut.

Many reasons how, some of their own making and others unfortunate (injuries). Mahomes has two weeks to get in better shape so "destroy" is strong but more than happy to go in as the underdog. No doubt the team would be too given the motivation from the Burrowhead stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

For anyone that cares, obviously lost my suicide picks but miraculously no one picks the eagles and chiefs so everyone lost. That’s so insane to think not one person picked that combo, so it all comes down to Super Bowl.

Iam going to ask to split half now and play for the remainder, it’s going to be split anyway one way or the other.

I wasn’t that impressed by the Eagles, I think a healthy Mahomes will be tough to deal with. The shoreline flattered the Eagles today, if the niners had a half decent QB it would of been a very close game, I thought niners defense was on point today, dumb ass offense made big mistakes, such bad luck on the QB this year

The refs in both games were pretty bad, some weird calls, especially in the Kansas game, I’d be pretty mad if I was a Bengals fan, also the foul on Mahomes was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen, it blows my mind, I know some of these guys aren’t the sharpest but my god, you can’t be that dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eagles/Chiefs is definitely the least interesting Superbowl option for me, but I've booked the Monday off so hopefully it's a decent watch.

I have a feeling eagles vs chiefs won't be the worst possible outcome

I think the bengals would have been beaten fairly easily by the eagles and similarly the 49ers beaten easily by the the chiefs on what I saw last night (one proviso being its a relatively healthy chiefs)....at the end of the day best case scenario for 49ers is they would go into that with what? a 4th choice quarterback....no matter how good he's been its a big ask imo

The only team I'd have a question mark over whether they should be there would be the Bills but at the end of the day they either got thwarted by a good plan/defence or they ran out of steam after peaking too early due to what happened with damar hamelin.

I usually love an underdog but as bitter a Ravens fans....**** THE BENGALS!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't think we'll fully get how ridiculous it was that the Chiefs got out of the game.

Chris Jones and a hobbled Patrick Mahomes, take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

A perfect prediction round for me. Definitely the greatest feat ever on this thread. Never done before, and will probably never be repeated. Eagles and Chiefs exactly as I predicted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Christy42

A lot of people annoyed they didn't get the ascending star of Burrow vs Mr. Irrelevant with the cinderella year. Instead we have the already successful Mahomes vs one of the more disliked fanbases in the NFL.

Chiefs and Eagles do seem like the best teams but it sucks we didn't see the 49ers give the Eagles a proper match. The 49ers defense was doing great and then got frustrated when they realised they essentially had no real shot without a QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just seen his post-game shot at the mayor now. Amazing.

Far more entertaining and real than the token GAA 'shure lookit Marty....' anyway.

You thought the niners defense that gave up 31 points was on point?

I realise they were on the field a lot and that made a huge difference but saying they were on point is a big stretch.

Regardless of San Fran's QB issues you cannot decide it would have been close if Purdy stayed healthy. We don't know that.

Personally I seen enough to be confident that the Eagles are the best team in football as I've thought for most of the season. They have a top class defense and an impressive offensive line who gave up one sack. You'd want to have poor players in the offensive skill positions not to take advantage of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I don't think that annoyance is driving the ref commentary, they were simply very poor in both games yesterday. There however isn't a conspiracy element to it as it is a quite regular thing in the playoffs, where they seem to get stuck between the minds of 'letting things go' playoff mode and throwing flags for ticky tack stuff like in the regular season. This season it seems to be even worse as they're holding up the game to let NY give their opinion on certain things while not doing it in others. They've continued with this grey area so one fanbase is very likely to feel aggrieved as they'll rarely balance out in a single game.

Advertisement