Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If he could actually throw properly he'd have been back at the start of the second half. Its a desperation move.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Purdy clearly can’t throw the ball as if he could he’d have thrown it already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Another BS call in favour of the home team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

U shud have listened to me and gone Eagles/Chiefs. I wud have charged u only €15K for my expert advice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

pity it turned out to be a blowout, without purdy. hope the next game is better

The last Eagles Super Bowl a few years ago, their first time since forever, that game was the most offensive perfect superbowl ever. It seemed them and Patriots hit everything they threw and made all their runs. Eagles just outscored them in the Turkey shoot. That was a great Super Bowl but my favourite in recent years was the Patriots comeback vs Atlanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Feel for 49ers and myself I was really looking forward to this game! Lets just hope Chiefs/Bengals isn't ruined by QBs getting hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pointless once Purdy went down. Desperate luck to be on your 4th choice QB in a Championship game.

Hurts didn't have to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

Haven't been impressed by the Eagles offence. Should have been an incompletion on a fourth down before their first score. Johnson drops the ball to set up another score. They got a dubious penalty prior to their 4th touchdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Desperately disappointing for any non eagles fans watching this. After all the hype and build up, game totally ruined by injuries. Here's hoping the AFC match up can make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

wahey, now we finally got some action

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Well, I can’t say you’re wrong

I think we could of beat them today if Purdy didn’t get hurt, some terrible calls and bad luck was obviously our downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Philadelphia is going to burn to the ground tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The level of mainstream American sports punditry is dirt, but Terry Bradshaw takes the biscuit. How does he have a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Playoffs have been very dull this year imo. Particularly compared to the insanity of some of the games last season. Hopefully this one delivers. Has all the ingredients to a great game once Mahomes is reasonably fit.

Money on Bengals as a jinx.

I think last year was completely crazy and a bit of a 1-off. This year been normal but yeah bit boring. That Chiefs Bills game last year was insane all it was lacking was snow!!

Going to bed. Am certain that Chiefs are going to Super Bowl and my predictions are 100% as near always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Chiefs defense and the Arrowhead crowd have come to play but the margin should be way more then 13-6 at the break, the Bengals did well to hang in there. Need a TD on the first drive of the second half to calm my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Eagles were poor on offence and only got going thanks to several terrible ref calls and the 49ers defense tiring due to their lack of a QB. Their defense wasn't challenged at all so hard to know how well they were even performing. Basically everything went their way and it took an age for them to stamp their authority on the game. Hoping their hype continues so I can get decent odds to hedge my preseason SB flyer on them, as I'm very skeptical they'll be able to pull off beating either AFC team.

Pity for everyone, aside from Eagles fans, that a competitive game was taken away so quickly. Swear that the 49ers have built their new stadium on graveyard - the team has absolutely zero injury luck, going down to your 5th choice QB has to be unheard of (being the one armed version of your 3rd choice).

Probably the worst officiated game I've seen. 90% of the poor calls against the 49ers but still a few bad ones for the Eagles also.

On game management, if that 4th down call had be called correctly by the refs on the field, or from NY as they've done all playoffs, the 49ers would have been set up with good field position and all the commentary would likely have gone the other way. It was idiotic to not throw a challenge flag. I can see why he wanted to conserve TOs, as Purdy had burned through them in recent games, but Smith's reaction made it absolutely obvious there was something up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

That's some touchdown

We have a game in bu(a)rrowhead

Probably too early to say but this is looking ominous for the chiefs despite that 1st down..

Hardman pancaked and mahomes aggravating that injury trying to make something happen in one play....

Mahomes defo won't be doing much outside pocket now...

Toney, Sneed out with Gay, Hardman, Mahomes, and Kelce all hobbled. This is going south pretty quickly.

Wow! That is some pass to MVS.

Mahomes really is a magic player....

Don't think any other player gets a td in that kind of situation

• Advertisement

Holy ****...what was that!!!?

Advertisement