Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cowboys release half their coaching staff and Dan Quinn cancels his head coach interviews. Dare I dream that McCarthy is on the way out and Quinn's getting full control.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The no.1 problem is the QB. You can't blame McCarthy or any other coach for a guy throwing that bad. Most ints in the league despite missing five games.

What was it, 4-1 with a backup and 8-4 with him? That 8-4 included wins over the Lions, Bears, Colts and Texans.

How can you blame a coach for 15 interceptions in 12 regulate season games? And a loss that was all the QBs fault in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Guys there is a seperate thread for NFL discussion. This thread is for picks and discussion of this weeks games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Eagles and Chiefs. Going for a full house this round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

182 - 100 overall

Championship Round

49ers @ Eagles

Bengals @ Chiefs

I really like the 49ers and hate betting against them, but the Eagles have a lot of fire power to contain. That and Brock Purdy is going to have a lot of pressure on him. Its going to be an epic battle with the Eagles edging it.

Mahomes is not getting over a high ankle sprain in a week and I suspect like in Super Bowl LV, his injury will greatly limit his performance in this game, handing the advantage to the Bengals. They look like a team on a mission.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

So, with 45k on the line, I couldn’t pick, my head went phili Cinci but I decided to put it to faith, put names in hat with hot bartender and came out niners and kc, i wasn’t happy but what ever, Iam an idiot…..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You should be going with what your knowledge of the game tells you and make an educated guess. That way you won't regret your decisions.

Like you are saying you picked the Eagles and Cinci and you've gone with the exact opposite.

How are you going to feel if Philly and Cincinnati win?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,805 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Going Eagles and Bengals tonight. Should be two good games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

49ers v Bengals.

I don't see Mahomes being able to be all-time on that ankle.

49ers are the only team who could carry a rookie QB to this SuperBowl, and I think they will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Elijah Mitchell is inactive for SF. Significant loss for the 49ers.

And now their defensive play caller and lead tackler Fred Warner could be gone.

Two ridiculous catches in that drive.

Might be Philly's day alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well that's irritating...

Would say x3 but its gone beyond irritating at this stage.

Down 7-0 to a TD that never should have been and down to our 4th choice QB. wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

What co-ordinator puts a back up tight end blocking a premiere pash rusher early in a game, not once but twice

• Registered Users Posts: 27,886 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Should the 49ers staff have copped something was up from the way the Eagles player was calling for a spike play?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yes. And Ward should have been absolutely screaming at the sideline.

• Advertisement

Yes.

But the problem was they couldn't see video proof.

Depressing.

Really bad first half for Shanahan, called out his in game management beforehand and it comes to pass with the missed challenge early.

Having said that the officiating has also been terrible, that Jimmy Ward PI was complete BS and they should also have called official review on the non catch on the first drive. A lot of soft penalties called including delay of game which normally gets a second or so grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Prior to the fumbled snap I would have said the 9ers were still well in this one. That was a tough blow to take though. Gonna take some serious mental strength to bounce back in the 2nd.

Also why is a TE blocking Hasan Riddick? Was that really by design?

If the eagles do win they really need to get back on track to what they were doing for most of the season. The bengals in particular on form will batter either team.

49ers have no chance here. Not with this QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Fantastic, Eagles are cruising to victory here, and halfway to a perfect prediction round for me. This is a triumph for working class blue collar over the Silicon Valley google and facebook remote working dorks.

Painful to watch the defence play this well but impossible to overcome the QB issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭murtyd17

Prurdy back by the looks of it

Advertisement