Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 japunia

There was around 35 total I don't know exact number but from my calculations over 5 people fail .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Riverstown1

I completed this campaign. I'm due to go back to Portlaoise to try a second time for the fitness but due to personal reasons even if I do pass it I don't think I'll be able to start before the Summer. I was in Batch 4 of this competition. I've applied again & was thinking of doing the Career Services Course to try to get to a higher Batch this year. Has anyone tried it & did you find it beneficial?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

Yes it is and they have different styles of tests for both numerical and verbal and they updated it recently to tell you which test to focus on . The test is different this year there is no time limit for the numerical but as you go progress through the test it gets harder or easier depending on how well you do. Also the numerical doesnt count so you only need to pass verbal and assesment questionaire. The numerical is used as a qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Quick question can you be color blind & do you have to be clean shaven ,

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Yes and yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Anyone hear of anymore fitness test before Christmas

Does anyone know the basics Salary for the first 2 years & what does it rise to after your 2 years of training are up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dublin 1

There is one on the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LaCla

Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colly2023

I just got an email today for 8th of December for PCT

• Advertisement

During the Garda vetting do they send a copy of the disclosure to the applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithymk11

No

• Registered Users Posts: 31 japunia

prison service will send You copy after they get it .

Hi All

Do you have to post the contract or can you send by email.

Quick question

When you do you training in Portlaoise , what are the times like ? 9 to 5 or what ?

Is it 12 weeks ? Do people just make the journey every day or so some try to stay local ,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Generally training is 9-5 from what I remember. If you live a good distance away then there is accommodation in the college itself for people to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Anyone get a fitness test date for next Thursday?? Any tips please🙏🏻

hey guys just a quick question , in lat years recruitment ,any idea what the numbers in each batch was ,

For example

Was batch 1 , People with Merit 1 -100 or more or less than that,

Just trying to work out what batch i may fall into to ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jasonm1995

Run like **** and don't stop

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Don't even try to work out what batch you are in or not in or may be in....its impossible to predict with people deferring and people with pull jumping the que etc....i have seen people 500 on the order of merit make it into groups ahead of people in the top 50...you can't predict a batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Carthy2019

If you fail fitness do they give you another chance at it a few weeks later?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Carthy2019

Any idea how long after the first will you do the second?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 2023recruit

What the interview or where or how do you prepare

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

Roughly 2 weeks after the fail

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Is there any WhatsApp groups for the intake starting on the 26th of feb??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 recruit1994

Would Anyone have any experience of how long security clearance generally takes or a timeline

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Momo84

Remote interview (Batch 2)next Friday,I saw they are asking competency based questions (4) is there anywhere to find out more information on the interview...cheers

Just a quick question

When your working is it 4 on & 3 off or 3 on & 4 off ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 keyser.soze

Lads what's the starting salary?

Advertisement