Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dealzer

Yeah address and date of birth of aunties and uncles, couldn't get some information so they will probably send it back to me.

@rp33 I got confirmation by email when I sent clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rp33

Thanks for the reply, I sent it on the Friday evenin on the deadline day, is there anyone I can contact about it to see if it was sent in to late?

I would email just so you know were you stand ipsrpo@irishprisons.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paul98

Is the physical hard? What is the bench press and push pull machine like ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 japunia

I only can say then physical is very doable for average person ,most people's fail on shuttle Run 40x15 what I heard.

I’m benching 38 kg off a regular bench is the ergo meter harder or easier then just a normal bemch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chunks28

I got a date for physical fitness test on the 20th of October I wonder if I pass would I be long waiting for a start date does anyone know how long it usually is?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Hi guys!

I did my medical and my Garda getting in June/July and I still haven’t heard anything back?? I’m a bit worried, any advice?? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

What batch are you in or when did you submit the vetting?

• Advertisement

Also got a date for my physical today for the 20th of October

I just spoke with someone and he said that contract You get after passing physical,I mean the same day .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colly2023

I'm in batch 3 sent off clearance in August had a reply saying received and haven't heard anything since about physical or vetting so I'm in limbo at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How long did it take from close of entry to hear anytihng back about interviews or what not ,

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Just seen the application deadline has been extended until this Thursday. I wonder if that's because not too many applications have been sent in?

An announcement was made by cabinet today that all public sector sector workers are getting a pay increase so this means prison officers will get their wages bumped up along with teachers, nurses, gardai, etc.

Just wondering did anyone get an email for time & venue for fitness test for the 20th of October yet?

Not yet but Should be soon

Same as no time or place yet just have my date 20th of October are ye doing much prep for it

Got email today to be ready for 9:30am 20 October.

Yes I do some preparation mostly shuttle rest I think should be fine.

same as that just did some gym work and running anyone Iv been talking to has said it’s very rarely failed so I must be very doable for anyone

• Advertisement

Just a quick question does anyone know if they do a weight & height check at the pct test I heard today that they do but they are not sure

I’m not sure they did it at that medical so I doubt it they would need do it again?

Was done on the medical by gp

• Registered Users Posts: 2 obi1canobie

They'll measure your height but don't weigh you.

Is the audiogram still required?

Not anymore,Your gp will do simple test only instead.

Congratulations to everyone who pass physical today :) can't wait for 27 November to start ;)

Congratulations all, Did they give you that start date straight after the physical? Do you not have to wait for clearance.

Yes they give staring date 27 November, but they said that clearence must be done befoee start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

Did many fail ? I passed was hard shuttle runs were the worst

Advertisement