Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dean2636373

Have anyone Heard of the next recruitment campaign for the lrish prison service for prison officer's what's the pay like per hour and for night duties thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Stretch1432

There is another campaign later on in the year no date confirmed but i emailed Prison service and was told. Not sure what the pay starting off is but it gets good after few years. You do night shifts once every 5 weeks and are working every second weekend its 12 hour shifts working public holidays and bank holiday weekends .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dean2636373

This is my 3rd time applying next time around it's a good job set up for life if you get into it have u applied before taking on 300 officers this year l was told cause loads is retiring from the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ladysmith

I am not starting on the 15th, heard of someone else though. I haven't done the physical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 obi1canobie

Hey folks, been following this thread for a good while now but never commented. Was successful in my third stage interview thank God and am looking forward to the next steps and just wondering what the process is now.

Have to send in my declaration and education docs so was wondering how long it will take, on your experience, to start medical\fitness tests and training following uploads of the required docs. Any info much appreciated. Cheers.

Can't wait ro start the process of becoming a RPO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ArthurB

Congrats on passing the interview.... From what I can remember they were a week or 2 between the stages once the deadline for the required documents were due in, once you have them in you'll have to do security clearance and Garda vetting forms then your medical test. Once they are done then it is the fitness test. I am still waiting to here on a date for the fitness test 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SteveB_89

Just a heads to anyone waiting on a physical date. I was in batch 1 but never got the invite for a physical as my online medical questionnaire never went through. I rang up to find out what the delay was and was told there was updates to the CMO website around the time I did the questionnaire and this could have caused the problem. Without the CMO clearance I couldn't get a physical date so I had to fill out the questionnaire again. Anyone who experienced the same delays as me should follow up as well with the CMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

• Registered Users Posts: 6 octagonkeek

Anyone know if you get a training wage like the garda does?

No its more not sure exactly how much but i know its more . I think something like 32k starting off but defo not on that poxy 184 a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Your starting training this month aren't you? The only person who's all ready completed their pct 👏

I'm sure there's a few lurkers who have as well 😅 I wasn't sure as it wasn't mentioned before

When you did the aptitude test did you answer all the questions or attempt them

Answered as many as I could, didn't spend too long on the harder ones

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vinoveritas29

Still nothing here.... I emailed last week and they said they were waiting on confirmation of the medical from the CMO and would get in touch then about the PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

You're straight on to the RPO payscale from Day 1. Whilst in training you're on the flat wage as it's Monday to Friday 8 to 5 so you have no allowances or overtime. Once you start in a jail and possibly get on a roster you'll get your allowances etc. (Which are worth a fair few quid...)

Pay is fortnightly, in the bank on a Thursday. This week - 11th - is not a pay week so you can calculate your weeks from there. 18th is the next payday. If you started next Monday (15th) you'd actually get paid on Thursday albeit it would be pro-rata. Basic pay is for the current fortnight, overtime is paid two weeks in arrears.

Pay depends on service and grade and whether you're rostered or on a Mon to Fri. An RPO on a roster with allowances would be somewhere between 44 and 50k per year. Once fully attested a basic grade officer should comfortably be on €65k+

Different jails have different roster cycles so the number of nights you do will vary from jail to jail. It attracts an allowance but it's probably a little less than a tenner an hour extra. Some staff either don't like doing nights or just are not in a position to do so. Swaps are fully permissible in that case (Days for Nights) but it's the Officer who is due on the nights will get the allowance. Days are 11 hours, nights are 12.

The same thing happened here, and I think now he’s missed out on going in with the first batch, I’m absolutely furious over it… I should have checked when I saw your message… Did you get a start date?

Twowheelsonly - Thank you, very informative post

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Anybody know if there are progression interviews during the two year probationary period in the IPS like there is in the Gardaí ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SteveB_89

Make sure you fill out the form again if it didn't go through the first time. Then ring them and ask them to confirm it was received (01 6045341). I missed the first batch because of this website error.

There's another batch of physicals on the 23rd so they seem to be moving quick enough at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Hally21

Anyone know how many they are taking per batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chops1988

Hi all iv just come across this thread I'm in batch 2 and iv just sent of my security clearance form. Am I right in saying people here from batch 1 have already been called for training? How long did it take for your security clearance to come back ?

Starting Monday, hasn't come through yet. They are happy to leave it going in the background so won't be held up by it

Ah brilliant best of luck 😁

Is there anyone on the chat currently sending away there security clearance for batch 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paul98

@dub29 hi I just did my role play and noticed I got the same one as you I resolved it in the end but I had to take staggered payments starting in June and ending in July I got 50% of the fine which was 1000 she kept asking could I put the new card details on the account but since she set up the account I said you’ll have to put the cards details on it was that fine so you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Navgirl

I take it you got your results too . I got mine yesterday . The interview is not until July sometime. Did you pass the role play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Celtic2023

AB

Post edited by Celtic2023 on

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rgrpo23

Do many on here have the physical on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 finishingline32

Hey mate I was in batch sent off my security clearence 3 weeks ago.havent heard anything back yet.Have you heard anything or do you know whats next.?

Advertisement