Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

I'm sure you know what point you're making I don't get it

I posted a theory as to what happened that nite

I asked was there any theories as to the morning death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Not unreasonable at all. But in any case I don't expect a response.

Its sad some of the stuff that gets printed in the Irish media without anyone bothering to check sources and the like. Standards are definitely dropping.

So called expert with no medical experience challenging the findings of Professor Harbison!

I think we can safely say the block in situ theory is a pile of nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭bjsc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Click on the flag at the bottom the post you want looked at.

Also click on the name of the poster and at the top click on the bust and click "ignore" if you don't want to see their posts.

• Advertisement

Not unreasonable at all. But in any case I don't expect a response.

Its sad some of the stuff that gets printed in the Irish media without anyone bothering to check sources

and the like. Standards are definitely dropping.

So called expert with no medical experience challenging the findings of Professor Harbison!

I think we can safely say the block in situ theory is a pile of nonsense!

HMM? wonder why you deleted that bit

Essentially for challenging the findings of Professor Harbison and citing unnamed sources, but offering no evidence whatsoever, reports or names to back this up. This is a pretty low posting standard in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

The thread contains a great deal of fact and source references that help separate fact from fiction and flights of fantasy.

Seeing how posters have demonstrated the limited facts can be retrofit to a number of potential scenarios has highlighted to me the importance of building a case on what is provable rather than what is possible and the necessity to account for any loose ends.

• Advertisement

Must be a glitch, or a mod took it out for a while. But maybe you should have.

So called expert with no medical legal experience challenging the findings of Professor Harbison! The DPP

A case file is built on what's provable

That's not the same as what were doing here , it's mostly speculation and theories

Possibly a glitch.

Most of us are really aren't experts here, yourself included. One or two Irish based posters constantly challenge the performance of the gardai, but they themselves were never gardai, so its the same.

Regards the DPP report, its more his flawed logic I was addressing. In addition I don't say something along the lines of "and legal experts I have spoken to agree with me" without naming those experts, as this conveys a degree of authority that can't actually be proved and the sources can't be cross examined. Its a get out of jail card that doesn't or shouldn't wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zola1000

All ok in the world there Frank.

You knew John did you. ..any chance it was ever discussed to get an assistant. You know for when there might be process of recruitment where one crime might happen and in one end of country and another in opposite direction..and idea and importance of these so called experts to be on scene with first few hours like to ensure they were able carry out the fill duties of the roll there was assigned to do .. qualified individuals.. but nobody qualified thought on Christmas with lots of traffic and he on his much needed off time, god forbid if he decided to go away for few days...there was nobody else in whole of ireland that can perform his role. Yes do us favour frank and quit the crap talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Still open minded anyway Frank.. Nice to see..

You are judging this from a now perspective but again you have already been told that..

I posted here ages ago that there is no chance a drunken person could be sure they did not leave DNA behind..blood maybe but not DNA..

But then on the blood point your contradiction is evident when you and Hanmer try to convince everyone that Bailey had a cut on his forehead.. so which is it??

Still a very eminent and experienced pathologist. Did the Stardust post mortems for example. Also performed the Kerry babies post mortems but some of his evidence was ignored unfortunately. Was held in high regard internationally for his work.

The issues around short staffing he had flagged for years and were not his fault. But he was key to modernising pathology in Ireland.

A great man in my opinion and very modest, who refused to seek out the limelight. Only two interviews in his whole life I believe.

So yes he deserves respect and if someone feels they want to challenge his findings they are certainly entitled, but should do it with actual evidence and named experts. Otherwise its amateur hour stuff.

Are you saying he didn't have a cut on his forehead

I believe it's been shown he did . Jules stated it afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zola1000

Ok that's a very honest reflection of him and I was unaware he was on them cases and in fairness he would be held in very high regard, I do hold him in that regard as i would dr cassidy.

Look with this case, we can't go back in time. I'm just of thinking when delays are of that nature, do we not have next best consultant at time, who would be qualified to sign off is all. It was first big destroyer of evidence and it does leave @bjsc and others just trying to establish angles from there own experience as to time of death

We cannot damn anyone..I've done it few times on AGS and I respect the work they done .it can't be easy but now it's just a stage where we may never get the answers until that important DNA or samples are further analysed or anything new. Look I'm not expert and I'm not here to annoy people..I found case both awful to fascinating and everything in between. The theories whilst they help..I don't know ultimately where we go with them.. because we can't prove them..it may never get trial. If it rests on last blood sample so be it..I wish we got identity of someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’d like this time around that the Gardai talk more honestly around why they believe it’s been worth spending 27 years pursuing Bailey at the expense of pursuing many other potential avenues that have now been closed to them due to the death of the people concerned - or become a little more human and honest around the areas where they have fcked up - because they have certainly fcked up and it would be nice if they said so

What potential avenues do you have in mind ?

The gardai wont pursue avenues such as Alfie once they're satisfied they're not involved

There's no suspicion in France of a french connection and bjsc had stated a French hitman is unlikely

She also stated a random killer is unlikely

How many avenues is that leaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Alfie is dead - the Gardai can no longer satisfy themselves that he wasnt involved which is what a proper cold case review should do- there’s absolutely no point in relying on the numpties that completed the original investigation - their work has proven time and time again to be flawed

And to your point about “a random killer”- Bailey is as random as they come- so thanks for ruling him out 😀

So nothing on a new avenue ?

Baileys not random btw

If he killed her he had motive to call to the house

Random refers to a stranger showing up at the gate/house

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and yet you're happy to post absolutely no evidence or flawed evidence for your claims.

Honestly, stop being a dick! You know who @bjsc is as she has provided you with evidence via LinkedIn. If you wish to dispute her claims then feel free to do using whatever evidence you have so but being a bully should not form part of of your approach

Ya bjsc is pretty much the only poster with new evidence based ideas

The rest of us are mostly speculating or theorising

Other posters are offering nothing theory or otherwise, talking about avenues without being able to expand on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Somebody remind me; why was Alfie Lyons "ruled out"?

By the very simplest statistic on rural murders, a neighbour who knew the deceased and had disputes over access to land, is FAR more likely to be implicated in a murder than a mere acquaintance from 2 miles away.

And he had a bandage on his hand.

And may I add, when I was 63, I could easily overpower most women - I am a woman, and strong. I could, and still can, easily lift a stone or half a breeze block. Sophie was quite slight of build. Pleading Mr Lyon's age is really not an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

But that should be based on interpretation of the facts and what can reasonably be deduced or inferred from them.

The more unknowns inserted into any narrative the less useful the narrative becomes and the less likely it is to resemble the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ms Robini

From a quick read of your post, you appear to have asked 16 questions, almost one after the other…! I wonder if this is a tactic of yours, as in, when challenged, you resort to setting out a raft of questions rather than meaningfully engaging with the challenge presented to your view. I have no intention of addressing your barrage of questions - I do think it’s worth pointing out your post and its questions are a bit over the top, to say the least. It’s funny you often tend to comment about views that are different from your own by describing those views as being ‘without foundation’ or ‘lacking credibility’. One thing I will say is this - a thorough review of the DPP report document produced by Robert Sheehan needs to be concluded by or at the direction of the current incumbent. That report document is an insult to the victim of this brutal murder, it’s an insult to the public in whose interests the Office of the DPP is mandated to serve, and it must be addressed.

• Advertisement

We seem to have different perspectives

For example you say the axe is irrelevant unless found

It is indeed irrelevant in court unless found

Here on a discussion forum it's reasonable for me to theorise what role the axe may have played and does it help point in particular direction.

Advertisement