Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I would be all for switching over to the other side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Thanks. That explains the missing rear cabin light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I wonder could you retrofit the electric passenger seat from a LHD model into a RHD Exclusive to give you 2 front electric seats....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'd imagine the cost of buying and shipping an electric seat would probably close the gap between the cost of a more expensive car that has two electric seats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So I got the quote for the PCP and hire purchase of the MG4.

€40,345.00 Cost of vehicle

€ 900.00 Metallic Paint

€ 5000.00 Less Saei Grant

€11,500.00 Trade in.

€24,754.00 Balance Due

Option 1.

Hire Purchase 7.9%

€24,754.00 Over 61 Payments €488.00

Option 2

PCP 6.9%

€36,245.00 Deposit (trade in) €7,373.50, 37 Payments of €445.00 with Balance €17,598.00. With refund of €4,126.50 on receipt of finance funds from balance of trade in.

I contacted the salesman as I got quoted for a 36k Kona last year and it was miles cheaper..

I told him about the Kona figures.

He said MG calculate the PCP on the price ex discount and work off that for the repayments!!

€120 a month difference is too much for me.

Back to the drawing board....

Quite likely, unless you manage to get a good condition seat from a scrapper and some cheap shipping. My question, though, is more about would it be a straight bolt in for it to function? I would be thinking yes, considering the wiring loom is probably already there.

That final balance is mental, it means people's monthly payments are even lower than they would be normally and you'll have feck all equity when trading in.

Any reason they're not letting you use a 30% deposit for the PCP?

Price of my car has gone up now but to show the difference deposit and interest make for my Born:

€40,400 car - €13,500 deposit, €17,500 final payment - €337 @ 3.9% for 37 months. If you put €11,500 in at that price it would be €392. Not having full deposit on the MG kills your monthly payments.

I think they are using the grant of 5k to add to the deposit to make the one third?

Revolut offers the loan we need for €423 per month to buy outright after 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭Patser

So despite givin them heads up in December, and trying again on Monday and yesterday - I've just got last minute call from Aviva that insurance will be matched to an MG5 until they update their system - but no premium rise over i3 so that's good.

Collecting it later, so whay hay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭olympicweights

Same here, wife is on as an MG5 Excite 52.5kw. These are possibly €7k dearer than the SR MG4 so hopefully the premium will be reduced a bit once they get it on the system.

Bedt of luck with the 🚗

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭crl84

Does anyone know if Frank Keane Ballymount have any Excite models on display? Booked for a test drive next week.

Was in Linders earlier in the week, but they only have the Exclusive models. Would like to see the Excite in the flesh.

Slightly confused about the rear windows, as the spec sheet says that only the Exclusive gets rear privacy glass, but the salesman in Linders told me both the Excite and Exclusive have rear privacy glass, and the images/reviews of the UK SE model have rear privacy glass too, eg:

Post edited by crl84 on

They only had 1 demonstrator when I was there in December (an Exclusive in blue) and nothing on display. May have changed since then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

The privacy glass on the Excite/SE versions seems to have been an oversight on the initial 2022 RHD UK/Irl build run and, as you say, is not on the spec sheet for those models. As I understand it, most if not all cars currently being allocated are still coming from that initial build run and so will most likely have the privacy glass but this is not something that I'd rely on being there in future when "factory fresh" models start coming in.

Taking a while to get used to all the menus and settings but now that I've most things set up to my liking - especially Android Auto - car is rapidly growing on me. Will try get pics up later

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

Did anyone get a delivery date for next shipment I was give end January start February noting specific

When did you order? I was told April/May when I ordered in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

I ordered in October and was told second shipment which should be here in a few weeks,not sure when

Ok, whole day spent in miserable weather giving the car a good run - think I've near 150km already of all sorts driving done - no pics due to weather and darkness but some initial thoughts:

Pros:

Very comfortable driving

Very long range, even in torrential cold rain and string winds it's range didn't plummet

Tech is good (when figured out and you get settings to your liking)

Sooooo smooth power

Very set and stable on road, even in gales

Incredible lights, just so bright and really clear on road

Cons:

Interior heating - 25C equals warm, 24 equals AC on blowing in cool air - there is little room for negotiation (until you learn to turn off auto and have fan at 3)

Confusing tech to figure out, so much googling to find out what is where and what it does

Some very strange design ideas that they really need to think about and update - ie Why have rear lights come on when reheating? And fill front of house in red. Why not keep the settings you want especially regards....

Lane Keep Assist!!! - it will fight you on every road because it wants to go where IT bloody well wants to, setting it to mild setting means you'll win the battle but at default it'll be a disconcerting battle - oh and it beeps.. a lot. Turn it off and it'll be back waiting for you next time you turn car on

Cheap ass passenger seat with no height adjustment

Wife and Daughters individual reactions - It's Blue!! Like very Blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Thanks @Patser. I think ill wait until next year to buy one. Hopefully they'll have most of these issues fixed by then.

• Advertisement

Yeah, almost all of those are software issues that could be updated over time. And they have been active with updates.

Mechanically it's been excellent, just the drive, suspension etc and that's far more important to get right. It really is a bargain* compared to competitors

The cheap passenger seat... meh, I'm driving

*bargain - in terms of new EV

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

The joys of LKA aren't limited to the MG4 unfortunately. Certainly takes a while to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Apparently if using ACC you should switch from LKA to TJA and the combo works really well together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

If there is one thing i have learned buying cars over the years its that Linders will always be beaten. Whether its the amount on your trade in or the base price, you will alawys pay the most money to change your car at Linders.

By all means go in and get a price in Linders, but always go away and negotiate elsewhere and you will almost always pay less money to change to your new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Similar story for me. As a result I just took delivery of my 231 64kwh Kona on HP yesterday. MG's figures were a bit silly. In all honesty I'm happier with the Kona as it's still a range monster and it's got a heat pump. I

I would go for the Kona too, but It'll be the other Half's car so I get no say 😬

The Kona has good range for the money, it's pretty efficient too considering the shape. My sister replaced her Kona with another Kona! The refresh model looks nicer and the 2024 model looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AllanOc

What insurance companies do people recommend? I'm hopefully picking up the exclusive trim long range in the next couple of weeks but having issues with getting quotes from insurance companies due to having no reg and the vehicle not showing up when searching.

Currently insured with Chill (ivernia) but they won't give me a quote without a reg.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

My wife is with Aviva and they don't have the car on their system yet. I think someone on here said the AA have it listed, so maybe try them and see.

• Advertisement

I ceramic coated the car yesterday. The paint was in very good condition with no swirls or any apparent imperfections.

The black gloss trim and rear boot light cluster will be a nightmare to keep scratch free.

Advertisement