Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Season 2022/23

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ken commentating on the quality of the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Looks like someone's betting against carter with the amount of banging that's been going on yesterday and today

I'm beginning to think these pockets are working better for the older players , just a theory

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hope Carter wins the final frame of the session to give him some hope for tonight's session.

Well that's not happening now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Shame no 147 but still incredible stuff my Murphy, all week actually.

• Advertisement

Murphy can play

Some about of waffle spoken about snooker

Don't think anyone has any idea what they're talking about

Murphy delighted with himself 😁

Post edited by kirk. on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Unbelievable performance in the final. When he plays like that it’s almost unbelievable he hasn’t won more.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Lapse of concentration joke.

Nice one Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Why didn't the Shaun Murphy from last night's final turn up last week at the Welsh Open final? Last week's final was atrocious, absolutely abysmal. Possibly the worst I've ever seen. Milkins, it was nice for him to win and the money will help him too, but he has no business being in a final, never mind winning one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Pretty shocking comment that - Milkins beating Selby & Allen and you say he doesn't deserve to be in the final?

Not to mention he was already a ranking event winner beating the likes of Allen and Kyren Wilson in Gibraltar last year.

Agreed Rob fully deserved his win and it's always good to see someone down the rankings win a tournament

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I completely agree, he played great all week and easily deserved the win, it's not an accident he won the bonus for the European order of merit.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Jimmy at 61 years old has got himself into the last 32 of the Classic tournament. A tournament put on at short notice to try make up for the cancellation of the Turkish Masters.

Jimmy will play Trump in the last 32. Not televised unless you sign up to matchroom. Match is tommorow morning.

The whole event will be finished by Wednesday night so the schedule is tight over the next few days with morning, afternoon and evening sessions. No crowd in until the final.

Jimmy has managed to get himself back up to World number 74 with his performances this season. Almost earn himself a tour card legit if he keeps it up, and not have to rely on getting the wild card.

Imagine if he got himself into the last 32 of the Worlds. The Crucible would be buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't know what to make of Jimmy these days. Flashes of brilliance now and again. Seems to take the game ultra serious, extremely dedicated etc. I can't remember the tournament where the ref laughed at something (it was nominating a colour I think) , Jimmy was trying to get in the zone play serious. Thought to myself you wouldn't have seen Jimmy as serious as that years ago, when it was more devil may care stuff.

Plays way more percentage stuff than he used to, but the old mannerisms are still there after all these years.

But despite all the effort he seems to lose concentration or is it because he is trying too hard?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Jimmy 3-2 up. First to 4

Jimmy beats Judd Trump 4-2.

Into the last 16. The wins won't come much bigger than that. A top 4 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Wow! Jimmy having a great season, love to see him getting to the last 8 and beyond here, well deserved.

Back to the Crucible surely the hope now.

Tour card pretty much assured from what I can make out - he is second on the 1 Year list with Top 8 getting new cards. It will be a fantastic achievement.

Jimmy close now to another Seniors World title. Lovely clearance in frame four. Rolling back the years.

Good achievement, over 60 now.

• Advertisement

Go on Jimmy.

Bringing the Snooker Season to a close with a Seniors win at the Crucible.

Time for a good long break from the green baize until Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

watched a bit of this on the iPlayer - Tony Drago certainly hasn't slowed down with age has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

Thewind is still blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Young Ronnie O’Sullivan on tonight’s Late Late show, he’s been pushing his new book on every media outlet over the last 24 hrs so expect the usual stuff and no doubt he’ll be tamely interviewed by Tuberty !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Assume he'll talk about Goffs. Bizarre there isn't a tournament there every year.

Ideal alright for a 1 Table event such as the Tour Championship or Shootout but it boils down the age old problem, sponsorship and TV hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So that's why I seen a "headline" on the BBC sports website. He's trying to promote and sell 💩. Talking pony, about how he lost 7 years to drink and drugs. 🙄 Wouldn't watch The Late Late Show if I was paid, especially not if that pleb is on.

Will be also be talking about how he's lingered around like a bad smell for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hanging around ike a bad smell as world number 1 and winning world titles yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

Sorry all, can't find new season thread. Aaron hill up on Jimmy in euro masters qualifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Advertisement