Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon 2022

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭quintain

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

It was around May last year I booked the flights and that was when they released the scheduled. I few headed over via Madrid and said the train down was great. Depends on cost but if I was doing that I’d be doing it on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭quintain

thank you trampas, i will keep an eye out for the flights in a few weeks time.

i'm thinking maybe fly in to Valencia, and afterwards get the train to Madrid and fly from there after staying a couple of nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

You could also look at Alicante, and get a train up, 2-2.5 hour journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Accommodation prices really gone up this year. Just looking at a place I stayed in last year is sold out but gone up about 15% from what I can work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

I had a hotel booked for €560 for 2 nights. Went back to a previous Airbnb host and I've now got a flat for €260, close to the start.

Feeling a lot better now as the hotel price had me feeling uncomfortable.

Maybe give Airbnb a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Myself, my wife and about 8 others from our local club are heading over this year - first time for most of us. I'm really looking forward to it….meant to be a great fast course and a bit of sun in December will be a cherry on top. Myself and wife have a hotel room booked as a backup but we are looking to get an AirB&B for maybe 6-8 of us if possible but not a lot showing as available already.

Got 2:54 in Dublin last year so I'll put in a good training effort and try for a sub 2:50.

How many boardies will be heading over in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kd82

Starting to look at plans now. Really looking forward to it the more I hear about it. I had a Dublin entry but this was on a whim as a friend was going over and I was thinking more of a support but now I'm thinking I should focus on Valencia.

Nothing booked yet, was waiting to see what flights came up but probably looking at a Friday/Monday trip. I should probably get a room at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Have a place myself, but nothing booked as of yet while I wait for flights and such (and y‘know, tell the wife about it!). Probably a lot of it also depends on how spring marathon goes next week as well.

maybe those who have done it before have an idea of when flights appear? Likely to go AirBnB myself to sort myself out but hard to judge exactly at the moment until transport over is sorted. But get through next week first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

I looked back in my Gmail for last year and it was May 19th when I booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jconn

two of us heading over this year, good info on the flights thanks. I was going to book DUB>ALICANTE but if direct flights come available to Valencia in May thats great

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Diablo Verde

Back at this again this year. Still a while off but beginning to get excited.

We've flown to Madrid a few times and traveled down by train, and it's never been all that much of a hassle.

Advertisement