Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Trampas, avoid that area for eating. There's a couple of fine pizzerias on calle del Mar. One up near the top, number 3 or something. Marinetta de Mar. And further down there's Al Pomodoro. I wouldn't do take away, tbh. You can always hop in a taxi if your accommodation is a bit further away.

There's a fine Italian spot called Madre Masa (I think that's what it's called!!) It's in the old town, calle Baja.

Masa Madre!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks. More a case of just picking up a few pizzas if no room to sit down in late afternoon or early evening. I’m staying in a hotel just a street or two off carrer de colon

Oh, nearly forgot La Pizza (I know), that's close to where you are I'd say. Ate there a couple of months ago. Very good. How many are you , might need to book.

About 10 of us in total but we are spread all over the place. I’m with the other half so could be just 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi folks, It is fair chilly here early in the morning (Im up already since 6am local time) so ye might need a plastic bag or cheap long sleeve top for tomorrow morning.

A lazy day ahead for me from my Fawlty Towers Airbb...

Enjoy Valencia and the Run.

Vamos

Good luck all tomorrow. May we all finish and have a great experience

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Best of luck to you all running today. I look forward to the race reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Best of luck for everyone running. Amazing weather for it!

Don't know how the others got on. I did Half this morning and that was plenty. 1,42.xx which I was happy with. Look forward to some real race experiences though. Tyris on Tap this evening for a couple of beers?

• Advertisement

3:08:56 for me for a 3:22 min on. Just kept picking up the pace all the way through. No complaints on the weather. Seem to be a few fallers around the place. The straight @ 22km I don’t think I’ll ever love. I just can’t wait for the turn around 28km

What time in Tyris ?

I had a great rn, PB..So as high as a kite....

I was thinking 7 but I'm very close so if that's too late and you prefer 6.... I've been known to be tempted.

I'm out the door soon..so less than an hour or less...alcoholic tendancies.

Well 4Ad, nice meeting ya fella. I think you enjoyed meeting Emma too!! Her husband took the news like a man. Hey, any day you run a 2.49 pb you're allowed a bit of leeway. Well done lad.

How did your race go, Trampas?

Oooops, just remembered. 😄

Yes. I’m signing up for next year now while the knots still remain in my legs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I assume general registration for 2024 isn't open yet but those who ran in 2023 can register?

Yeah, pre registration for 2023 participants at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

This day next week for non 2023 participants.

I'm also back in for 2024 and 3 in a row. Ran 3'29'02 this year and normally this would be disappointing but after running over a nail, getting a stitch and tetanus and mostly unable to run for 4 weeks, I'm absolutely delighted.

Love the city, the tour de France mountain stage feel for last 2k, just incredible, highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Guys hoping to get registered on Tuesday, what time does registration open to the general public and does it sell out on the day? And also do your current recent marathon time dictate the starting wave?

My best marathon time would be 3.15 but hopefully with a good training block I'll try for sub 3

Hadnt sold 9000 last time I checked on Friday out of 35000 spots. You’ll be grand anytime on Tuesday to enter. you need a sub 3:12 to get into the 3-3:12 wave or about 90 minutes half.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thanks for that, do you know if your best time can be edited during the year, I've entered Cork in June so would a sub 3.12 time there do.

You’ve got till November or something to post a time

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

I updated my target time based on my Dublin time this year, so roughly mid November. They had me in a wave 45 minutes slower than target otherwise.

Opens at noon today which I assume is 11am here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Signed up even though I can't run a km at MP at the moment. Hopefully it will be a different story by the time this rolls around. Nice to have a carrot to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭quintain

how do ye get there lads, where do ye fly in to?

looks like ryanair dont fly there that time of year.

do ye go into Barcelona and get a train down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

Ryanair do fly direct, they just haven't released the winter 2024 flights yet.

You can fly into both Madrid and Barcelona and get the high speed train, but with a marathon, I'd prefer to fly direct.

Advertisement