Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake pt.2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really can't see them changing the pacing with this game. You can't say a bad word about the first remake online without people dog piling you for suggesting it wasn't anything less than perfect.

The masses want more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It's strange if they don't. Even huge fans of part 1 like me could clearly see the pacing issues. Surely someone important in Square Enix noticed that pretty much every review of the game acknowledged the fact that the game had plenty of padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Release February 29th, looks incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks amazing, Gold Saucer, Junon. Weapon.

Gave me tingles, not gonna lie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As much as the level design and story in part one made me want to scream in frustration, I am encouraged to see they're allowing in all the weird, wacky, tonally disparate stuff from FF7 here. Hopefully it's a much more expansive, fun game than the rigid chore that was part one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The sight of all the mini games and Cloud on a segway was def one of the best parts for me. Can't wait to get stuck into the gold saucer! And Cosmo Canyon was always my favourite spot so crazy excited to see that.

They put an interview up on the playstation blog -> https://blog.playstation.com/2023/09/14/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-developer-interview-reveals-fresh-gameplay-details-as-new-trailer-debuts-at-state-of-play/

This sounds really promising because they are talking about making it a bit more open world, which was a massive part of the appeal when you got to the world map in the original, lots of exploring and side content so for a FF7 nut like myself, I'm thrilled.

Couple of interesting bits that may be spoiler-y, i.e. where the game will end, characters etc

So the game ends at the forgotten city so at least they have gone for the obvious climax. However we're not guaranteed to see things in the same order as before, as they indicated Wutai for example won't appear until Part 3.

According to developer notes and comments there are rumours of characters appearing like RedXIII did in Part1, i.e. that they fight along side but not controllable. Also, one of the comments talked about potentially extra characters? But nothing confirmed there.

But glad to see they have a bundle of new mechanics, including a RedXIII specific mechanism designed to encourage more defensive play.

Progress from the first game doesn't carry over BUT if you have save data from the previous games, you'll get summon materia as you start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I really would love if there was an option of play an edit of part 1 with less weird ghost stuff and tedious exposition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The internet is alive with Segway memes

• Advertisement

Seph

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah me to but with how the remake was handled, its going to ruin alot from that section. The kalm flashback is all about introducing Sephiroth as he was just a new mystery in the OG at that point, you dont actually see him until that flash back, but in the remake hes been in the game from the very start.

And from looking at the trailer, you can actually see bits of the kalm flashback controlling Seph in combat..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So this game only goes as far as

The end of disc one?

Can't wait to finally beat Sephiroth on my PS6 Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That would make sense for a 3 part game series. Disc 1 had a big chunk of the story. Disc 3 was very short from what I remember.

The game was originally meant to be a 2 disc game but the third disc was added as they ran out of room for the fib cinematic. Disc 3 is basically the final dungeon. Interestingly the entire game is contained on all 3 discs just the cinematics differ. Disc 2 is a pretty good chunk of content so I imagine that the third game will wrap up the story although ff7R was a lesson is dragging things out to a ridiculous extent so would t put it past them to draw it out.

Awesome trailer for the story so far leading into Rebirth.

Didn't realise this was out so soon. February on ps5. At least PC version is not out for a while, may at the earliest but the original games exclusivity was a year but square waited for the PS5 rerelease to port to PC so could be much longer than 3 months. Should give me some time to get through the ridiculous amount of good stuff this year.

Looks so class, bonkers, but class.

• Advertisement

I'm ok with ff7 being goofy. People forget how gloriously goofy the original is.

Hang on, HANG ON.

You mean to tell me that this part of the game will end at THAT part. And then we have to wait. Oh hell

Looks like the final trailer may have dropped:

Lots of people picking it apart online but generally seems to be showing bits we've seen before. Def less of a focus on the fun wacky parts we saw in previous trailers but enough to get the hype started! Bring on the demo!

TTIIIIIIIFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAA

Lads, cracking trailer. Cannot wait for this. Where did you see news of a demo?

No official news of the demo but they did one in TGS last year and when remake came out, they did the same thing, show the demo in TGS, and a month before launch it dropped the demo. I'm hoping for something to show up in the next 2 weeks. And as much as I'd like to enjoy the full experience when the game drops, I know I'll get the demo as soon as it drops. Bit of a weird one though. The remake demo was effectively chapter 1. The rebirth demo in TGS has two sections, part of kalm flashback and just as you reach junon. You're getting sneak peaks at the middle of the game this time

Goosebumps. Cant wait to see the Remade Sister Ray

As posted by Sniper in PlayStation bargains thread, Smyths have dropped their preorder price from 80 to 70 euro. I was going to get it digitally but a tenner off is tempting.

• Advertisement

Got to imagine the demo will drop at that point.

Although I got to thinking about this the other day. Perhaps the demo won't drop at all. You're now essentially dangling part 2 of a game out to fans. The ones who enjoyed part 1 are likely to pick up part 2 anyway, the ones that didn't enjoy part 1 may not bother with demo for part 2 at all as their minds are made up.

In the grand scheme of things, it's actually depending on the existing player base for Part 1 to buy part 2. So if you look at the numbers of sales etc, I'd be very interested to see if it's in any way possible to break the sales number for Part 1 with Part 2? You have to imagine you're only going to get a subset of the original? Although a quick google suggests 7 million sales for part 1 so I'd be guessing 5 million would be a realistic target?

Advertisement