Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake pt.2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

145 GB.

Best delete warzone if you want to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophy list. Similar to the first game, lists the regions in the game so avoid it you don't want to know where you'll be visiting.

I think I'm at the point to start avoiding coverage because undoubtedly there will be spoilers everywhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement

I was going to avoid the demo but i think I'll play it just to get familiar with the combat again. Not sure about watching the state of play though, might show a lot. I'm just intrigued to see how the gwent, i mean Queens Blood, will play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll be avoiding the demo, I know what to expect, 145gigs is a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is the demo out, cant find it on the PS store

If you're wondering whether to watch the state of play, don't. I regret it already. So many spoiler scenes, homages and little touches that would have been amazing to find naturally.

• Advertisement

Small note. Demo currently only has kalm flashback for now. Will have junon section later

Thanks, i missed it tonight, might leave it off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭McFly85

Watched it and I’m downloading the demo for later. Think it’s looking great for the most part! There was a few really spoilery things in there though if that would bother you, I’ll put all my thoughts in tags just in case!

Seemingly they showed the entire map, which are the main 2 continents. Also they pretty much tell you straight up where the game ends relative to the original FF7. The locations look fantastic, keeping the feel of the originals while expanding the areas.

Combat looks as fun as the last game, with the main addition shown to be characters can develop bonds which results in custom attacks between them that can be developed, which encourages a lot of mixing to see which combinations suit you or the battle.

The music is phenomenal, every track is a brilliant upgrade on the original from what I have heard.

Seems to be a lot more side stuff, considering how open the game is I am hoping that it’s implemented better than the ham fisted side quests of the original. Some returning mini games from the original(the junon parade, Tifas piano) and a new card game!

Story wise it showed a lot of the beats of the original and not much of whatever is going on with Zack. Have a suspicion that he’ll show up to make nonsense out of the ending though!

Video explaining the new card game Queens Blood. Looks simple enough, hard to tell if it will have the addictiveness of Gwent until I give it a go myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played a good bit of the Demo. Happy enough so far. Synergies seem a bit OP but maybe it’s caus Sephiroth was throwing me around like a snot on his finger at enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Downloaded the demo but I dunno I don't think I'll play because it said something bout skipping the demo section in the full game don't know about that will break the flow of the game

Had made a note to myself to order the deluxe edition this week because I like the books that come with the game and I was just giving the sqeenix store a few more days to potentially get the collectors edition in, but just spotted the deluxe ones are now out of stock on squeenix and amazon stores as well.

When will I learn? :P

Played the demo last night. All in all, it feels very much like FF7R. That’s not a bad thing, the combat is still hugely enjoyable and it gives you a taste of the additional layers they’ve added to it. Time will tell if it’s too complex or messy but I’m hopeful that’s not the case.

For a fan of the original, it’s hugely nostalgic to walk through these places with gorgeous visuals and music. Like the previous game they’ve done a great job of updating the visuals while keeping the actual layout very close to what you remember.

Looking forward to the full game!

My 2 nitpicks were the yellow paint on walls, which is entirely redundant as the game puts an icon at the bottom of the bits that are climbable anyway, and the pointless padding below:

On your way to the reactor there’s a couple of moments where the lifts won’t open because there’s no much mako gas about, so Cloud has to go to the left of the door and grab this big mako hoover to clean it.

It’s not fun, it’s not engaging or taxing in the slightest. it’s just a boring thing they make you do for about 1 minute for no reason.

Hope there’s not too much of that stuff in the full game - the first one was padded ridiculously trying to make a couple of hours in the original into a full game, but there should be no need for it here.

• Advertisement

Played the demo and some thoughts

The piano mini game is hard as hell to get the star rating on. I can sense that being a trophy or something unlockable hiding behind it that takes forever to crack. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to crack it at all, but after about 10 attempts I started to get it.

I'm not 100% sure if it's just the combat with Sephiroth being overpowered in it, but the combat felt like I could be very sloppy. Maybe hard mode later in the game will be tougher or the dynamic difficulty setting will change things.

The vent system thing that @McFly85 mentioned is definitely a low point in the demo. It's just not needed in a game that is claiming to take 100 hours to platinum.

The terrain interaction is fun and I can definitely see it being abused in speedruns or something in the future. It's a lot more satisfying seeing a chest behind a fence and not having to run half a town away to find the entrance and just hop the fences instead. The rough terrain was also responsible for me messing up a few bits in combat. But it was interesting difference, kinda like when they brought uneven ground to tekken 4 :D

and some non-spoiler ones:

• if you want to only play the junon part when it drops, you will need to complete the nibelheim part first anyway. Just so you know.
    • The last trailer from the state of play (but not the gameplay footage) plays at the end of the demo, just so you know.

Update to the demo drops tomorrow with new area, content unique to the demo and improved performance mode. I only played 10 minutes of the demo, i didn't want to play anymore as i want to experience it all when I'm playing the full game.

I'll do gods work and play it tomorrow on my lunch break and give some feedback. Only doing it for you though @Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

"Content unique to the demo" seems like such a terrible idea. Why wouldn't you also include it in the full game? 🤨

I mean the PS5 doesn't have exclusives so it needs something. Anything.

Update to the demo is out now.

It says basically that its a more compact version of what is on the full game. So it's unique because it's the "beta" version of what while be seen in the main game. So if you play the full game, I expect just a more fleshed out version. I turned it on for a few mins (because I was expecting to get on it for lunch but had to be back for 2)

I'm putting the below in a spoiler just in case, but it really just the first 2 min insight I got from turning it on and playing for 30 seconds. It's not going to have any explicit details

With the 2 mins I was on it, it's basically focused on how to interact at a basic level with chocobos and a taster of the combat with the 5 you finished the game with in remake. Obviously redxiii will be the interesting one as a newly playable character but I didn't try anything else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is it not just that your save file for Junon part of the demo won't carry over to the main game but the Nibelheim part will so you could skip it if you wished? I thought that was the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Gah, just had a look at the preorders and it's PS5 only, I thought there would be a PS4 release.

Advertisement