Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake pt.2)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Generally love the soundtrack too, however there's a few tracks that are a bit meh, the Junon region and the Mt. Corel trail music just had that "new" FF feel to it, I can't describe it but just feels off imho. Rest of the tracks are great, especially when they mix/weave two tracks together subtly like in Mt. Nibel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Imagine the FF6 soundtrack getting this sort of treatment?

Also, how long till we get a full remake of 6? Will definitely happen at some stage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think the rumours are FF9 is next up but a full remake of 6 would be amazing. Probably my second fave FF game ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The pixel remaster soundtrack could be counted as remade.

As far as I'm aware the FF creators are a bit weird about remaking games that they didn't directly have a hand in. It's why there's so many FF4 remakes, the director of that game is still at square. Same with the saga games and ff2 as kawazu is an exec there. The FF4 director has said he wouldn't feel right about FF games he hasn't worked on and the directors of the likes of ff6 have moved on from square.

Of course that could change if money is to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I finished my first play though of remake last week. Started rebirth today. Pure joy.

I remember buying FFVII on day one in EB on Dawson St in 1997 and it almost cost me my leaving cert. I haven’t replayed it since

Square Enix have done a serious job here. The music in particular is stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

About 33 hours played and in the middle of Chapter 7. Really enjoying it so far but its not without flaws.

It really irks me that you automatically jump onto a chocobo rather than having to hit a button to do so. Ive lost count of the number of times Ive hopped off only to hop straight back up again.

Movement slow down eg when entering a story section or moving away from the direct path when the mission involves following someone.

The volume of minigames. Ive basically given up playing queensblood and doing the piano pieces. The rewards vs the time required to get them right do not stack up imo.

The skills tree is pretty crap. Im around level 30 and the bulk of the skills are synergy related which i nearly never use.

Other than those minor gripes its a super game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm about 85 hours in on chapter 11 and fully getting stuck into all the challenges etc. My brother is playing at the same time and finds himself more like you where he's just trying to plow through the story. He seems to be really enjoying it more since realizing that is the way he wants to play. So by all means embrace it.

I believe the synergy skills etc are really going to come into their own in hard mode if that's your cup of tea. I found with remake it was similar, the combat really excelled and you got fully into tuning your set up and maximising the use of all your abilities to get through that playthrough, but for the normal playthrough in the beginning, I'll admit the synergy skills have been largely ignored (except on combat missions when you need them)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HopingforNewZ

Finished it this week. Really enjoyed it and its an improvement on Remake. Ending:

I thought they played it very safe with the ending; a lot of nothing (new) happened and the adventure continues through the multiverse. I wonder were they apprehensive to do anything too extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I guess that’s the risk you take when you carve one game up into three. Hype was way higher for Remake and people were stuck at home with lockdown too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

One platform at launch doesn't help either. I know it'll come to steam eventually but you would imagine that sales won't be as high as they would had they launched day 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No lockdown, smaller console install base, busy launch period etc… would all account for lower sales quite easily. But yeah you’re also by the nature of the project not expanding much beyond the audience who played Remake in the first place - and you’ll inevitably have lost some percentage of those (*puts my own hand up*) along the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished it the weekend and wow definitely had an effect on me never properly played the og but knew the story beats (the major ones) but wow it had me emotional in a way I haven't been from a game in years , still processing it a few days later amazing game worth every penney I paid for it

Advertisement