Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am Proud of Being a Conspiracy Theorist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

If another conspiracy theorists asks me a question I'll happily oblige to attempt an answer .

Anyhow we're at a stage where like in other discussions you're more worried about interaction between conspiracy theorists. Says a lot really .

The thread is about being proud of being a conspiracy theorist. Then it rambled off into something else .

I think it's just getting back to a circular discussion AGAIN

We'll be going round in circles trying to get into analytics about people's posting styles.

It's been great chatting with you but I'm going out to dig a few dozen lug worm at the beach in seafield opposite the pier there in west Clare and trying to catch myself a cod down in the Shannon estuary. I'm going fishing with a friend.

Have you ever caught a fresh cod a few kilos in weight from the brinny @Igotadose @robinph or a big bass.

It's better than trying to out smart people on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

But no Christian believes that the majority of biblical stories took especially in the Old Testament. They are fables and parables. With regards to historical facts like Jesus existence and crucifixion, Herod ruling they are not in question and corroborated by historical evidence. So that analogy cannot be used for CT

but going to the question few posts ago, it appears from what the people have confirmed they don’t believe in what they are saying they want a safe place where they can construct non fact based scenarios as a way of disbelieving the establishment in favour of sinister groups trying to manipulate the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So I can make up something, anything at all, post it here, and if anyone challenges it or asks for any shred of evidence, I can claim that people are interrupting me, claim all questions are stupid, claim they are sealioning me, claim they are trolls, etc. Anything but support what I'm actually claiming.

Bonus: I can count on people like you to support me in this as long as it ticks a few of your boxes

Brb creating new account :)

Something like that, it's creative suggestions about outlandish scenarios that could be taking place.

Sure it's on the heading if the forum. "Conspiracy theories". The debunkers are basically trolling themselves.

Unsolved mysteries are similar, UFOs, portals into different realms and dimensions. The fae folk, shape shifters.

It's all about theories. A lot of conspiracy theorists just like chatting about the possibility of what's deemed impossible.

• Advertisement

I get that people who believe in vampires, ghosts, want to indulge in a fantasy, which is why they seek out a protected space, an echo chamber, so reality can't intrude and ruin their fun.

This forum is essentially a bunch of people who want to revise events in history, current affairs, attack science but be afforded the same protections as the above. Free speech to say their stuff, but no free speech for those who want to question it. That's my take on it.

I see where you're coming from and I can see why it's frustrating and boggling. Maybe a sub forum for the fantasy creative thinking etc and another for open debate.

Would that sound reasonable to you ?

Absolutely. "Creative writing forum" has been suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Is it true that the roctschild ( spelling whatever) control the global financial system?

---------------------------------

2 point warning for off topic posting

Perfect, jayzus it's about time.

So that float's everyone's boat I hope. It's taken long enough.

• Advertisement

Start your own thread, lol it'll be something interesting to kick off the post Christmas hangovers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I couldn't care less about if conspiracy theorists ask each other questions or not, I'd just like to see conspiracy theorists come up with something to back up their own theories rather than just throwing vague suggestions out and then failing to have actually thought through even the most basic of details regarding their conspiracy ideas.

However, in this thread and others it is repeatedly stated by conspiracy theorists that the problem with the forum is that conspiracy theorists don't interact with each other due to some unexplained reasons for why they are unable to. Now you are saying that you don't want to see interactions between conspiracy theorists on the forum after all.

Could you please make up your minds as to what it is that you want to talk about? Stop complaining about being unable to talk about what you want. This platform of the forum gives you fairly free rein on what topics you want to cover, yet you complain about not being able to use it as you want. Just post what you want, and accept that people will query the holes in your ideas, and stop complaining about not being able to do the things that you are choosing not to do yourself.

if it’s the case that you don’t believe the theories you are putting forward are true, how can you be proud of being a conspiracy theorist?

It reads like you're attempting to put your slant on how we should all think, contemplate and evaluate before we come into a discussion.

You mention holes in ideas, are you willing to fill them in ?

I'm saying personally I think that it's not within my remit to be the judge of how conspiracy theorists should interact. This is like a high court interrogation. I have a picture of you walking around in your living room with a gown and a wig trying to get me to hang myself out to dry.

As they say if you cannot explain anything to a 12 year old, you cannot explain anything at all. Can you simplify your posting. Because I'm probably not as clever or as good as filling in holes as yourself. Unless we're discussing how to level a playing field. I'm quite good with a rake. Laid out quite a few lawn tennis courts and a few bowling greens in Scotland back in the 90's they're still there as far as I know.

You're over thinking it, then I'm over thinking it. We're both going around in circles and I'm getting dizzy sir.

Imagine the abuse you'd have gotten here if you put forward, last year, say, what's come out in the twitter files..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Most conspiracy’s are fuelled solely by narcism

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As always, feel free to report any posts you think are a problem.

So, any answer to the question of 'something doesn't add up?' What doesn't add up? Come out with it already.

The original post was about being proud of being a conspiracy theorist. The devil's in the detail. All of us have been caught off guard by satan . The devil has put a hex on us all and created a spiral of intriguing and circular discussion.

While there's better things to be doing, he's a clever guy. Got what he wanted and I think it's a merry go round.

We all have a bit of narcissism,it would be narcissistic to suggest otherwise.

I wouldn't report any of your post's, because you're a moderator and you have more clout than I here.

Luckily you're not at much liberty here to hold any sway,

You seem to be very confused about the different between hypothesis and adjacency in our discussion.

I said there's certain things that aren't adding up lately. You're interpretation is that I want to discuss what's not adding up. On the contrary I don't.

I'm not looking for a discussion about my world view. Does that sit okay with you ?

It's clear that we're still going around in circles.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call it abuse, more like a certain type of poster tying you in knot's about it. Twisting your view point and making out that you are misinterpreting the story and totally wrong .

Then you'd a heap of links from their trustworthy fact checkers and you'll be going around in circles.

What came out on Twitter anyhow ?

I don't really bother with twitter to be honest, that's something I have in common with the debunkers here. To me Twitter is just for letting off steam and I suppose my biggest disappointment with twitter was when they were showing post's of horrific torture videos and executions and it took a while before they put a stop to it.

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

I'm proud to be a conspiracy theorist too. I think it's a good thing to question the narrative. You could be on a different part of the planet and the news you are fed by the media could be the opposite .

Different biases,opinions and beliefs. Why automatically accept everything you are told

Indeed it is good to question things, but within reason, some people use it as a way of denying an event, e.g. Alex Jones used the "just asking questions" deception to deny the Sandy Hook shooting.

Also I haven't come across any person who implicitly trusts politicians. Likewise I haven't come across someone who implicitly trusts all media. It's good to use a variety of sources to corroborate information and avoid those that are heavily controlled (e.g. Chinese media) or poor quality.

Yeah, but Alex Jones told you in March 2020 where covid came from too..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You mention holes in ideas, are you willing to fill them in ?

It's the ideas of conspiracy theorists which are full of holes. It's not for me to fill them in for you.

• Administrators Posts: 13,838 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

5 off - topic posts deleted. There's already at least 2 threads for discussing covid vaccines.

• Advertisement

Advertisement