Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cult of Stephen Kenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I thought Hourihane/Whelan were one the poorest midfielders id seen in a long time. You can put cullen, knight, mcgrath, browne and molumby in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Johnston has been alright for us. Be great if he got another loan move to a team similar to Guimaraes in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭John arse

Could Kelleher play in midfield I wonder?🤔

Throw a forward on with a few mins to go? Wtf is this lad at. Muppeteering of the highest order.

Interview coming up!!!🙈🙈🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Kenny's dream job. The nightmare is over.

Will he be gone before the friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The commentary mentioned a board meeting on the 28th, should be rubber stamped that day.

Joanne’s hair is nice?💋

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

His game management and use of his bench has been consistently abysmal from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don’t think I’ve ever in my years of watching football, seen such a one sided 1-0 victory.

I don’t think either I’ve ever seen such a naive group of Irish players either… no guile, no intelligence, no spark, no pace, no bravery, no creativity. They just look a fairly dumb bunch in footballing terms.

same attacking tactics… midfielders have ball, forward runs into channel towards the touch line … ball played towards him, it’s usually intercepted or out for a throw….an inaccurate pass, or if he does manage to get the ball, no support for yards…

95 plus minutes of football, our Irish team managed 1 shot on the Dutch goal a single shot and 2 off target…then the ultra late changes in personnel, 90 minutes gone, he manages this team like he’s unwell or something, mad shît.

lost 6 won 2 both against Gibraltar… Kenny, respectfully now, just fûck off will ya, an absolutely toxic experience football wise.

• Advertisement

So 6 wins from 28?

Armenia, Lux, Azerbaijan. Scotland amd gibraltor x 2.

He has had a direct hand in setting is back even further.

Fuck me i hope Andrew Moran is the answer because our midfield was a sham. And Kenny wants to try and play pep tikka takka. Delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

In the end Stephen Kenny failed as an Ireland manager because he expected players to play at a level they weren't at.

Never ever should anyone be given a platform to advocate for an LOI manager to be given any role in Irish football. **** this now. Its too serious.

As poor as the players are a management team should betting more than 6 wins out of 28 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I wouldn't watch LOI if they were playing out my back garden so I was completely neutral about Kenny getting the job, but had doubts over his "qualifications" to manage at this level. At the start he played some good football and with the young players I had hope. Bad luck, injuries and covid as excuses for early poor results prolonged the hope that things would turnaround. Fast forward to tonight, and the man has set us back 5 years and will probably turn us back to hoofing the ball where Ferguson will be an Aldridge running the channels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

When you look at those "victories" SK effectively won only one match in 28....v Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did Gavin mishear the question about the team playing for Kenny tonight

So take Moran out of the 21s to sit on his hole on a bench rather than let him play yesterday.

He needs to be asked that by O'Donoghue. Yet another nugget from Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

so you like football and you wouldn't even watch the FAI cup final last week in a full house lansdowne road? i never got this attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Delaney really destroyed everything to do with Irish football from the governance of the FAI to the hiring of managers.

• Advertisement

You see the issue is, and ive been in enough dressing rooms, when players get comfortable and arent challenged by management they will become indifferent. They are guaranteed their place so why upset the status quo.

Fucking raving about Bazunu tonight but being honest none of the saves were exactly world class. Each one of them id expect him to make.

If the players are happy with kenny and want him to stay on well then **** me. The problem is even bigger than we think. Any pro with standards and a bit of pride should be causing murder in the dressing room after the results we have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

You van thank the players various coaches down the year’s for coaching whatever natural talent lads had out, in favour of systems and tactics.

Matt doherty. Leadership qualites of a wet towel.

After dohertys interview any mew manager should be getting rid.

Results Matt. Do they not count for you?

Were the rte interviews recorded on a mobile phone. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭ForestFire

He planning on staying...is he???

Hes absolutely mad. Bonkers.

Tier 1 teams Stephen? Hang on mate. Greece kicked us off the field.

Haha there we go.

" Good team Holland"

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

its a painful interview …….. gods it’s awful

Horrific. If you didnt know the context you'd swear he was talking about a mass murder or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Kenny seems to be a nice guy but the country is full of nice guys. He should just do everybody a favour, particularly himself, and resign now, tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement