Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cult of Stephen Kenny

Options
1717273747577»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I dont know who was worse. Kenny or O'Donoghue.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

The Training Ground must be one cosy spot because the players seem to have all signed up to the cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I have no affinity with the teams in the final and no interest in Cork City. I suffer enough torture watching the national team play, to endure a step above Sunday league, that is ghe LOI. Just because it is an Irish "product" doesn't mean I wear the Irish Jersey and support them if their product is crap. Don't get ... you follow football so you should support LOI, its f'ing abmisal.

A1. Ive said it all along. Id say its toxic in terms of player doing what they want.

Ive never advocated for Roy keane but he'd give plenty of them a short sharp shock for a campaign.

Matt doherty should never wear an irish jersey after those comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭riddles

The underage age coaching is very much results oriented where players of size are dominant with coaches roaring shoot from the halfway line. The result is players are encouraged to develop a first touch. No investment in proper coaching means we are where we are.

Norway skill wise look a totally different outfit than Ireland as they have invested in proper coaching and facilities. Kenny was unfortunately clueless - sorry to say that but the players didn’t really help him Doherty, Collins and Duffy being pretty poor and nothing from midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chrisd2019

Or Mick McCarthy, his twitter posts tonight do capture the game tonight very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Reality check for everybody, Can’t say I’m surprised they thinking of giving Stephen new contract. They (FAI BOARD) know full well the level were at, the table doesn’t lie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chrisd2019

Both should be hanging their head in shame after that interview performance. After the worst qualification campaign ever not one proper question or an answer that was not a generalisation. The Dutch team on the pitch for sure are no world football super team!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Compare that to when we had the likes of Keane, McCarthy, Irwin, Houghton, Bonner, Given, McGrath, Moran, Holland, McAteer,

fellas who could actually stand in front of a camera and interviewer, think and talk simultaneously and have a reasonably insightful and eloquent enough encounter with the media post game… intelligent blokes with personality and passion.

That’s also a slight on the clown Kenny…. Tell them… “Get out there, talk to the press, you are representing the team and your country , don’t be stuttering, don’t be bullshîtting, be fair and don’t look like a wankèr”.

In utterly ashamed of those bunch of players for not having the balls to call put this utter failure.

I can accept limits in terms of ability. Thats fine. But they are liars. Fraud. Not a shred of conviction or ambition amongst them.

Themselves and Kenny are well suited.

Matt doherty. Good god. Matt lad, you might aswell be playing 3 and in on the training with the run of results if you think thats acceptable or professional.

• Advertisement

• mod

closing this off, after a review the thread is falling outside AH remit and into soccer/sport territory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement