Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lilyhouse

Sunnyside21

No they let u talk. What I would suggest to u is keep talking say your first example then when its done say i also have another example....and launch to your next example. Sunnyside21 b ready for the first question which threw me little bit I was on autopilot and regardless of her question i started to say what i worked at....but question what did you learn from this...when my brain clicked in i tried to salvage it by saying.....and hopefully that retrieved it . but with regard to the other questions seriously speak to them like you are talking to your friend and telling them the situations you meet in your job. really keep it real. I loved the online interview so much less stressful. Such good interviewers will bring out the best in you and will prompt you... e.g. "that would show you are able to multitask" you respond "YES I CAN MULTITASK".

But the best piece of advice my very educated friend told me and please believe me I actually understand is PLEASE BE YOUR NATURAL SELF not the robot dull and boring. At the end of the day the HSE want to employ want a people person with a little bit of cop on! best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PCAT86

Does anybody know if your panel number is based solely on your interview score or if your test scores are taken into account? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wickowmom

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Anyone in the Assessment result 40s group interviewing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blonde123

Hi,

My number is 45 and I heard nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

Hi did anyone who has been interviewed hear anything back yet? Like scoring/panel place?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Hey, no I haven’t heard anything yet. I’d my interview last Thursday. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

I haven’t heard anything either, my interview was 29th July. I thought they would have let us know sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'm on an hse grade iv panel from earlier this year and it took 3 months for the results after my interview. There was delay there though, so hopefully we won't be waiting that long for this one.

Has anyone heard anything back re their interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PCAT86

I haven't yet, interview was on the 7th, going by comments above it'll probably be weeks yet 😵‍💫

Yeah mine was the 4th and I’ve yet to hear anything. So frustrating having to wait. I hope it’s not a bad sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jom12

My interview was on last month July 26th. Still no reply.😓

We'll all get results at the same time, the time waiting doesn't give any indication of doing well or not.

A Grade 4 one this year took 3 months for results due to a delay, but they did email at the halfway point saying I was on the panel but awaiting a panel number (which came later). A Grade 3 one back in 2017 I was on took 1 month (and a further 2 years for a job because of a hiring freeze!). Both were Cork. It's annoying waiting but there's really no guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Reilly1st

Hi, my initial interview was late last year, I actually turned down the position at the time but was put on a panel for 12 months. I got an e mail two weeks ago to see would I be interested in going for a clerical officer grade III role in head office. I accepted and have all info sent in for pre screening, so just waiting to hear back now with a start date. My biggest issue is how to get there. I live in meath but very few car parking spaces available at HQ and no train from here goes direct to heuston while buses are scarce too.

I just got my results and placed number 11 on the panel for Tipperary with a score of 393. Anybody else get anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Well done. You should get something with that placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

Hi all,

Got interview results today, placed number 2 for Mayo.

Does this mean that any clerical officer work that arises in the county will be sent through to me as an expression of interest or how does it work? Are there ever options of part time or are they usually all Full time positions that are offered?

Has anyone else heard anything?

Well done that’s brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

Thank you. I’ve just taken on a new contract with somewhere for 6 months so I’m hoping I don’t hear of anything for a little while 😆 not sure what the process is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 cucullhan

I interviewed the end of July and got awarded a place on the panel today.

A reasonably high provisional placing happy with it. But I’m just wondering what happens next?

I suppose the top10+/- get placed almost immediately.

What’s the likely scenario for say they next 10 places, how soon would they typically be waiting and so on?

What happens next is usually offers are emailed out to multiple people and you can express interest or ignore - there's no penalty in ignoring, only express interest in what you feel is right for you. Then whoever is highest in merit that expressed interest moves to the offer stage and comes off the panel and through that whole process. Though if you take a specified purpose job you stay on the panel - I took a specified purpose job early 2020 and continued to get permanent offers until the panel disbanded earlier this year. I was 108 on that panel and got a job out of it. Low 20's for Cork this time - delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi all,

Does anyone know what happens to the people that have yet to be interviewed? The people that have just got their results will they be placed in jobs before the next group are interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rhoaroundtheworld

Hi folks,

I did the interview for this campaign on the 29th of July. Received email yesterday and have been placed on the panel in Offaly. Number 30.

Would it be wise to continue looking for a job elsewhere and if offered something else take it? 30 just seems like such a high number.

I placed 7 on the panel for my county. How many can you turn down before you are removed from the panel? I'm currently in a fixed term contract through an agency and I really like the job. However, there is no job security there. Well done on all the great placements.

There's no penalty for not expressing interest. The only time you're penalised is if you express interest, accept and then pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

I got in the 30s on the Galway panel, does anyone know if they get that far on the panel and if so how long would it usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoh70

Curious to know how long it would take to get a job offer too. I would imagine not too many vacancies come up very often and obviously some counties may have more vacancies than others? Just wondering if I should keep my hopes up or just forget about it:/

It depends on where you placed on the panel? If people reject the offer then it's passed to the next person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoh70

Thanks Kas2010. Yes I know that’s the way it works but I’m just wondering realistically what are the chances of actually getting anything out of it. Like would the first 10 definitely get offered something eventually? I would imagine there aren’t that many vacancies coming available so that somebody who placed in the 20s or 30s would get something before the panel expires? I suppose it’s a how long is a piece of string question really, nobody knows what vacancies will come up😏

Advertisement