Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was placed 108 in a previous panel and got a job out of it. The panel continued to run for a further 2 years after my offer, so there were a lot of jobs out there. It just took time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoh70

Thanks honerbright. That sounds very promising, didn’t think that far down would be reached! Fingers crossed so, just hope it’s sooner rather than later 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi

Has anyone that scored 45 or under being called for an interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

Has anyone got emails about job offers yet? I’m on the Galway panel, got in the 30s and got three emails there about three different jobs, trying to decide now which to express interest in and hopefully I might get one 🤞🏻Delighted they have sent them out so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

I haven't heard anything, I got 7 for my county. Well done on getting EOI - were any of them permanent positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

i was placed high on the panel for my county and received an expression of interest today which I’m very interested in . I’m currently on unpaid maternity leave going into parents leave in a few weeks. I’m taking the full 7 weeks. If I’m offered the job ,will the dept come back with a start date and should I tell them I won’t be able to start until after my parents leave? Should this be an issue? Also do I have to return to my current job after parents leave and work my notice?

Does anyone know can you express interest in a few jobs at a time or can it only be for one?

Yeah all were permanent positions so just trying to choose between them now, not sure if I can express interest in more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PCAT86

Placed well on the Tipp panel but haven't heard anything yet - when the EOIs get sent out, how much info do they typically give? Role, responsibilities? Do they tell you what the expected start/finish times are?

Post edited by PCAT86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampshade01

@meath12 You can express interest in as many roles as you want, then if your order of merit is high enough you may be offered to proceed to pre-clearance which you then accept to start the process. Read the advisory notes at the bottom of the email just to make sure you can reject and stay on the panel - you should be able to decline at pre clearance stage and stay on the panel with no affect to order of merit in case you decide not to proceed, and then continue to express interest in posts.

@PCAT86 usually just the role and location is given, not a lot of information. They do provide the service manager's details who you can contact and ask re: working days/times, typical day for staff in this role, possibility of Flexi time or remote working, etc. I would contact asap if you're interested as the EOIs seem to be giving a timeframe of 72 hours for acceptance due to service needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

I got expression of interest for Tipperary today, very happy with it and in my location. During my interview I told that I was completing an online medical secretary course, I now have this completed but have not received any results/certifications yet. Is this something I should worry about? If I express interest and don’t have this certificate could this go against me?

Thank you @Lampshade That's helpful! Ended up getting an EOI for tipp today but the location is the opposite end of the county so I'll ignore it 😅

I've received about 12 expressions on interest for Cork so far (9 of which - I think - in one day alone). Nothing that interests me or suits what I'm looking for so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

No, not yet. Still waiting for interview. I'm in an agency role currently and I know someone that has been offered this role as part of the campaign. So if I was called to interview it could mean I could keep the role.

Anyone been called to interview recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carin99

Well done. I am still waiting to be called for interview in Tipp. I scored 50 in psycho test, did you score hgher?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Hi all, currently going through recruitment process and I am stumped on Verification of Service document to be supplied. Currently working in private sector is this applicable here? i have sent on to my existing hr team to fill in but not sure if its necassary as i will be starting on grade III?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cucullhan

Got 29 expressions of interest offers starting last Friday until Tuesday just past, applied for 9 then 3 more arrived applied for 1 and yesterday 2 more arrived might apply one of them too.

They offered me 1 position Thursday it was an ok position but I just had my doubts so I let it go. I think it was down to when you start thinking of expressing interest it narrows down what is out there and what you really want. You only get 24 hours to think or ask

so I got another offer yesterday which was a similar role but a preferred location and I think I’ll accept this one. It’s not one of my top choices that I applied for but I can only assume that’s been snapped up. This one does tick a lot of the boxes (jaysus ya get awful fussy don’t ya. Pure notions like) but my question is this…

if I waited I obviously rise up the list as people accept the roles. So is there more desirable roles and how likely are they to come along now 3 days into the replies to expressions of interest? Would they already be gone

…and just for my curiosity if I took things to the extreme and kept waiting for my ideal position how long would the panel still keep offering positions?

I had a look it does look like it applies to previous roles in the HSE so it’s strange. Maybe your employer can just fill in whatever sections apply to your role. Did it take long for you to get offered the role after you sent an expression of interest? The deadline for the expressions of interest I received was Friday 16th September and I sent them that day but haven’t heard yet. Wondering how quick it will be if I’m offered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Yes, thinking that my current employer has obliged and filled in form. I was waiting about two working days for after the deadline on the

job posted. Think it depends on the department you are applying for

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampshade01

@blacknight83 AFAIK the verification of service document is only applicable to people already employed by the HSE, this is to ensure that you are placed correctly on the payscale. For example, if you are currently working for the HSE as an agency worker and are on point 3, you will remain on point 3 if offered a permanent contract rather than starting at point 1 again (otherwise no one would switch from agency to permanent). At least that's my understanding of it!

@cucullhan they'll keep offering expressions until the panel is exhausted (or maybe if they run out of positions, but for a nationwide Grade III panel it's probably people they run out of first).

I don't think there's an order to the posts being offered, they just send them out as the paperwork is ready. This is a very fast moving panel from what I can see, and a lot of EOIs have been sent already (I'm only familiar with the Carlow/Kilkenny one, which has had about 35 as of last week). You may have something come up at a later stage that you would prefer, but someone else could do the same as you and be higher in the order of merit and beat you to it. There is a risk to waiting for the "perfect" post, if such a thing exists. If there is something that you think you'd enjoy/wouldn't mind doing, there's no harm in expressing. Once you have accepted to go through pre-clearance (i.e. the post is directly offered to you), you will be removed from the panel and no further EOIs will be sent to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Edlarkinm

Hi, I have advanced to the clearance stage and I am now realising that I haven't got a certain document that I need to get police clearance from Spain. I am going to try my best to get this document but in the event that I don't does anyone know if living in another country for 6 months is a cumilative figure or is it a continuous 6 months?

I ask because I travelled home for Christmas that year, and travelled to portugal, so technically the time I spent in Spain was not 6 months continously. This way I wouldn't need to get any police clearance. Don't know if this is accurate at all so if anyone has any insight it would be massively appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Hi hope someone can help. I’m going through the clearance process for a clerical officer grade 3 role. I’ve put my current employer down as a referee and also previous employer before this. It says on the form they will be contacting current employer and emailing other referee. I gave my manager a heads up who said that’s ok but as per company policy they do not give out references. They only confirm start dates etc. hope someone can advise? I’m going to wait and see what happens but I’ve no one else to go to for a reference

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

Most companies are like that now, will only confirm you worked there and between what dates. Shouldn't be an issue

Hi guys, I got a text to say I had received an EOI email earlier today but haven't received any email - just wondering if this has happened to anyone else (I'm on the tipp panel) - should I just wait another while or email the hse on case there's an error?

Edited to say, issue resolved, I emailed and they resent the EoI

Post edited by PCAT86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Does anyone know why I would be sent EOIs for another county?

I presumed that no one in that country expressed interest so they extended the reach. I could be wrong though.

I haven’t heard anything back since expressing interest in a couple of jobs so I presume they were given to someone above me on the panel. Do they send official confirmation that the jobs have been filled?

Unfortunately they don't! You either get silence or confirmation that you'll be moving forward with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

Has anybody gone through clearance process? Just wondering how long to contract stage after sending on all documents

• Advertisement

Got a huge amount of expressions yesterday for CUH. Must be around 35 EOIs sent altogether so far which is well past my placing, so if something suitable for me pops up I'd be feeling fairly optimistic I'd get it.

Advertisement