Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 5) Greystones Golf Club (17th June 1330 hrs -1500 hrs)(GOLF AND SOCIAL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

All there are still 8 spots left on this one - but a while to go yet. Looking at Golfer Of The year table - there are 7 golfers who signed up but have not played yet ( I know one of them is to play in Greystones) - if anyone knows any of them , could they give them a nudge. There is still plenty of outings to get involved.

Seve can I ask will the fairways be announced in advance for (FFF) ? - or perhaps that could provide some head case an advantage going out and practicing on them 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Snackbox20

Hopefully captain, trying to organise something at the mo 🤞🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭bobster453

Can't stay late unfortunately.

Fathers anniversary mass next morning in kildare, be staying over in sisters gaff.

Looking forward to this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Had the scope last Monday.

Rehab going well. Buggy booked.

If I have chip it around with a 6 iron, I will make be there.

Looking forward to it.

That is hardcore - look after yourself - no big deal if you are not up to it on the day . Go for the pints either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Accommodation almost sorted! Looking forward to getting back out with boards crew after a busy few months. Havnt swung a club since Enniscrone but will be there for the craic !

Great stuff Offaly Medic, you'd fit about 7 in that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I thought you were just going to rob an ambulance for the weekend Offaly, there are beds in the back of that aren’t there 🤣

• Advertisement

Mind yourself bakerbhoy. Some dedication there to the society

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

bakerbhoy, if you are happy to, can I share the buggy with you if I put my name down to play with you on the Friday at 13.39? I had a knee arthroscopy in Dec and I'm still having problems with it! If you've had the same procedure we can compare notes on the way round and bore Seve :-) Cheers jools

No bother at all

All...if anyone still looking in we will give back spots to club and slightly rebalance time sheet Friday ...so please book a spot if on fence in next few days....

Worth also saying that if anyone wants to attend this one as a visitor or bring a guest you are most welcome. Just drop me or fix a pm with your mobile and we will organise

Good evening golfers,

Just a quick one, can I ask people that are staying over, have ye got sorted for accommodation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If cutting the later tee times can you let me know, I'm tight on time to make it so the latest possible tee time for me please

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Snackbox

I got mine at horse and hound Delgany . B&B over pub.

not long to go now. Hope we get blue sky’s like this next Friday

Hi @bakerbhoy I called them yesterday but they were booked out. Got sorted this morning thank you.

👍👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

If anyone's still trying to decide... maybe these will convince you. Like Seve, I played last weekend and the course is in superb condition. The greens are exceptional (Greystones has acquired quite the reputation for its greens) and while I can't guarantee sunshine you will have zero complaints about the course... and grub.

whether to play or not...

Great photos Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Think we should recruit you in to get a post up for every outing @Kevinmarkham . The quality of the photos could sell any course to the society!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Super photos @Kevinmarkham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

guys,

Really though greystones was going to be my long awaited return to the boards society! Unfortunately going to have to withdraw, thought there would be no bother getting the day off work but with summer holidays we are short and I’m not allowed take leave that day 😭 Had the camper ready for its maiden voyage and all so I could enjoy the catch up! Gutted

We’ll miss you OffalyMedic

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

Pity.

I was looking forward to the catch-up.

We could still do with that Camper Van though.

Good evening golfers

Well it's looking like the temperatures are going to rise over the next few days and there is a good chance we will be in the shorts and t-shirts come Friday.🌤️ I played the course on Saturday and can tell you that it really is in super condition. Greens are not quite as fast as they once were so that should keep the sweat from some of your brows if you have played there before, but they are rolling really nice and true and still reasonably pacy 😁

I might have a smaller rejig on the time sheet than expected as we now have a few guests joining us. I'll confirm later in the week but will likely be asking you all to be on the tee box 10 minutes earlier, so not to much change.

And a small bit of housekeeping as with Fix's Fairway Finder in play this week the scorecard is going to be a bit busy. As usual your scorecard will be prepared ahead of time and ready with your name and handicap etc as usual. It's amazing how complicated and messy some of the score cards can get on a normal day when they are handed up 🤯 Seems daft that I have to ask this, but in order that we can turn everything around as quick as possible afterward can you please

*pay attention to your tee time written on top right of card

*keep pace with the group ahead

*enter players score in column for player A

*enter points in points column

*add up points

*Player C column will be for the fairway finder with the relevant holes highlighted. Please tick ✅ for a fairway hit and cross ❎ for a fairway missed.

*note number of fairways found eg 4/6

*use markers score column to keep record of your own score

*please circle any 2's (assuming you have entered the 2's)

*make sure you sign your card and the one you are marking

I will announce the Fairway Finder holes later in the week in order to keep the suspension building.

• Advertisement

Well this build up has been usual - said I'd post a few words to show how mental this one is.

The Big Friday Build up

Trains there and back

Keep the ball on the fairway track

The train on the stunning east coast

Hopefully a prize back North to boast

The taxi home, round the solid Bray Head

A long day, time for my own bed

The accommodations not found

Prizes and shirts post round

A Fairway Finder perfect strategy

One just over the edge, loss, tragedy

A lost camper van