Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dysmantle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Rift tool not so much, they're more collectable stuff but needed for all points of interest. But I would highly recommend the shelters. Completing all the tombs first will give you the Khopesh, and trust me, it's a beast! And makes that end part slightly easier. Slightly. Makes the shelters in general a lot easier. Plus all the tombs + most the radios + all the myth tablets = full story. Nearly. I'm guessing what I'm doing now is one final tiny but possibly un-needed bit of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thanks for the advice lads. Just fueled up the ship now and going to finish off the tombs and start on the shelters. Took a look at what's required for the final side mission

The Ark

, alot of gathering involved but great reward

That's not the end! There's something else once you complete that. Completely optional, but there's something to do, and it will take a good long time at my current pace. But I'll get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm very intrigued/scared to find out what would take longer than completing the ark.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Clearly I'm playing the game differently to you lads. I only have 3 of the fuel cells but I already have the rift tool and everything needed for the Ark! I've been doing every mission, point of interest and uncovering the all of the map in every area I go to. I suppose I'll have much less of a grind at the end. I haven't done any of the shelters or obelisks yet though. I tried a couple and died almost straight away so I'll be leaving them until near the end.

• Advertisement

Nice King, I found that if I lean into a grind on a game, I can get burnt out by the end so definitely leaving the Ark til later but I want that reward! Reading up on it though, you can only get the reward after beating the last mission any way. Yeah, First couple of Shelters I did, I was like yupp, end game stuff right there but it's a great challenge.

Finally finished the last bit, in the end of just took 4 rockets, no machine guns. They didn't even get near the pod, only had about 8 sandbags placed and they only destroyed 2. Finished the main quest, can finally move onto another game.

*Proceeded to load up the game and continue finishing the ark.

Goddamn, what a game!

Serious game alright, and I really like the story of it and how it unfolded. Definitely GOTY so far for me. Nothing has come close to holding my interest as much this year.

For a game this small (dev size) and this cheap, it has absolutely no right to be as big (the amount of things to do and map size) and as bloody good as it is.

Just a couple more tombs and tablets left. Then I'm off to my Sanctuary farm to plant some seeds and make some wood/metal and it's so damn relaxing.

Hint: sleeping grows crops, but you can only sleep like once every day/night cycle. And I think the longer you sleep, the longer you've to wait until you can sleep again.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's my routine, great to sanctuary, harvest, plant, sleep, plant and head off again. I wish planting animation was faster though. I've been sleeping 12 hours so will definitely reduce that so i can sleep sooner.

I had the famer ability at 4 before I needed to grind so didn't take too long thankfully. No level cap by the looks of it.

Edit: I get what you mean now, the planting part. Yeah, bit painful, especially when they also impede your movement a bit!

Ok, a tablets done, 1 more tomb which looks to be in my next location, just waiting on some new chunks. Went back to the ark and completed the gathering and fish collection, moved into next and completed all straight away except for plants which i had zero but now need 1800, Jesus, that sounds grindy. Any tips on the best place to get plants?

My other collection of harvests is half done but at least i can grow that.

DLC 1 should be out within a month according to this.

I have 1 item left to complete the Ark, fecking stone. Only 100 left and I'm literally hammering away in central so just a matter of time. Ridiculous amount they want though.

The Khopesh is so damn fun, man! I thought it would be a chore getting the plant material but it was fun as hell. Sucked having to go back to the hammer for the harder stuff.

The Khopesh is amazing. Just be careful (or not) around wooden houses! And yeah, the stone one is a pain. Find the graveyards with the metal fencing, you get 2 metal and 1 stone, but it's quicker than hacking at walls for 1 stone.

Yeah the metal gate fence in central helped a lot with the stone. Just have to level up the last weapon 2 more times to get 100 strength and I'm done. Honestly, i don't think i can go for the platinum. I've 51 hours clocked up and absolutely loved everyone bar the first 30 minutes and the stone collecting. I have 60% of points of interest found and I've no real interest in opening all the rifts. I think I'd got diminishing returns if i went for the plat. I'm gonna max my current weapon, go smashy smashy for a bit and then edit for dlc and throw whatever money they want at it.

Yeah, I understand that. The last bit I'm doing is very grindy and I'm only getting a small bit done at at time as a result. Hopefully have it done by the time the DLC comes. Aside from base building, I wonder what it'll be.

Currently on sale for 13 quid on PSN. DO IT!

3 flashing lights left...

• Advertisement

I thought the flashing lights were towers you activated, what do they mean?

You need to do the ascension transmitter for each tower 3 times, and they turn from red to green, which I just completed. Think I assumed it would take 5 or so hours. It took close to 20.

Reward:

Nothing. Yet. More to come, but at least whatever it will be for, I have already done the hard part.

There's also a key you get if you clear all the tombs without dying outside of tombs. Ah... no.

So completely finished with it for now! Bring on the dlc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New DLC out in August for PC no sign on console date

Looks good. I can wait!

I'd say (HOPE) console will get same release. Show me those buildables!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I got the platinum for this last night after just over 60 hours. Excellent game with such a huge map for an Indie title. I did have to use an online map to find some of the buried treasure they were far too difficult to find without help. My only disappointment is that I only got the Khopesh about 5 mins before the platinum popped, I never even used it!

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the DLC.

Thanks to those you recommended the game, I never would have bought it otherwise.

Oh wow! I had the Khopesh for the last 25+ hours! Don't know how you slugged it out to a Plat without it! Saying that, if I think back, I was more or less finished at the time myself when I got it, then started working on those lights in the second bunker level. Not needed so maybe that's why I feel like I had it longer.

Burnt out and not knowing what to play, I was going through my games and saw Dysmantle. Huh, whatever happened to that DLC? Boom, was released on console just yesterday and not only that, a new update which adds a free Island just north of evac point and new build quest. Basically, you can build your own house on it, so class. In the middle of making Lumber to get the last couple of buildables. Then to find a mana chunk to to build a home portal. I haven't bought the dlc yet, gonna just plug away at the free builders Island for a while.

Sweet! I was only thinking yesterday when the DLC would be out. Will be straight back to it after Ragnarök.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ah the wife will be delighted, only 8 quid as well which is reasonable

Advertisement