Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dysmantle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm 22 hours, 34 minutes in. Have 2 fuel cells and just in the south west trying to get the 3rd. On the trail for the gas mask at the moment and found a huge story section which links some of the weird stuff found around the place. I'm finally starting to upgrade my Katana. Ignored it until now because of low damage but it looks like it will be really handy against groups of monsters so will plug away at that.

This is the greatest value of 16 euro i got in a very long time. Absolutely worth full price at 20 quid. I **** love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The game basically pushes you along a set path, the areas you can go are naturally unlocked as you progress. Definitely upgrade the blunt/slashing and backpacks, and you'll find you get newer ones as it progresses just as you need it. At least in my case, but I also managed to miss the Katana until the end! Just never completed the quest and didn't cop what the reward was...

As you mentioned the Ark, I finished it a couple of nights ago, but there's more! Not more collecting, but more to do.

Got the gas mask and headed to the middle of the map to pick up a quest that rewards a finally strong sounding blunt weapon and exactly what i needed as my baseball bat was feeling a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Gone square eyed playing this this evening. 5 hours straight on the switch. Level 12 now. Crowbar maxed. Rucksack level 4. Dice and lock pick next I think. Clearing the first batch of relay links. Hard to stop playing it.

• Advertisement

Dice is an interesting one. So many trinkets but my go to is the baseball card for knockback effect, literal life saver against tough enemies and groups.

Only started using dice towards the end to clean up. The stats work on the environment too, so you get crits and use less swings sometimes, stacked with the bell or whatever it is to increase crit damage. Something I only copped recently, the time of day affects the temp! Go north during the day!

Just got the plat, 60 hours. Could have made it quicker with the knowledge I have now. Just one thing left to do, but it'll probably take a few hours. Can't wait for future dlc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

So after trying to play horizon and it being boring I picked this up, played for around a hour and was enjoying it.

Wife came in and asked what it was and said it reminded her of stardew, I paused and saw Co op on menu. 4 hours later here we are both hooked.

Similar to stardew it is basically one person's game that the other joins, its perfect couch co op exploring is fun and combat is fairly basic enough for her to not get annoyed with having to pay too much attention. Loves foraging and finding stuff as I smash up the place.

For the 5 quid I paid for this if I get half the amount of Co op time we pumped into stardew it'll be bargain of the year.

Fair play on the platinum Potential! This **** game man. I know i should go to bed but in my defense, i just fully upgraded the sledge and found 3 new areas of the map to explore...

Got the 3rd fuel cell from Solaris and found the thing where i have to start making mana chunks so gonna head for the 4th cell while collecting as many zombie heads along the way. I finally looked up the timed crates as i thought they all opened at a certain time of day but they actually just close a certain time you reset a campfire so I can finally try speed run a couple.

30 hours in and the devs really deserve awards for this.

• Advertisement

I somehow managed to get that one last, and the last one third. Didn't make any difference aside from 1 line of text at the 4th one standing out as a result. And yeah, I was about 30 hours in before I copped the timed crates.

I'm finding this last bit tough going. It's not hard, just repetative and slightly annoying at times. But considering all that there would be left to do once I finish this is level anything left standing for the lols, I can't complain about the game at 64+ hours! I've often spent far more for a lot less entertainment!

Now I just need people to finish it so I can discuss story.

Potential, and you might answer in a spoiler please, when i find the last cell, is that it, off the island? Just wondering if i should clear up the island first or if i don't have to worry about a point of no return for now?

Also, the rifts. There are a load on my map but chunks are not the easiest to make. Wondering if there's ones with doing first or are they mostly the same?

Re: Cells, more or less, there's a bit more after getting back to the shuttle, but you "reload" back before the end. I did all the myth tablets, tombs, quests and radios before finishing, but I don't think it matters at all. Just how much of the story you'll know before the finale. Might miss a thing or two in the last bit if you don't have them all done.

Re: Rifts, I left them until the clean up at the end. Some things you do, locked doors, etc give shard rewards in the late stages so you get a good few to use, but I mainly used them for whatever crafting first. I think I only needed to make about 10 chunks in the end.

Excellent, thanks, will forget the rifts for a while so, chunks will naturally come so while while clearing each area.

At any point, is there a way to unlock all icons on the map like tombs, shelters, tablets, etc?

Nothing to unlock it all, but you'll discover most things just by clearing the fog really. At the end when I went to clear the points of interest, that map came in very handy. Some dig spots... Most are kinda obvious, circle of stuff around a patch of dirt, arrows pointing, etc. But some appeared random. Although I do remember some bits of text/notes talking about places stuff is buried, so maybe that would have led to those ones. The Collection tab is great to keep track, using the map above and the collection for points of interest makes it a lot quicker to discover the ?'s.

4 cells done and dusted, onto the final location which i had forgotten about :) I'm looking forward to clearing this as i have a few other games i want to play but nothing is getting a look in until this is done. I looked up what it takes to complete the Ark.... yeah, I'm gonna take a break before tackling that. My plan is to finish the story and then take a break into dlc (hopefully base building) comes out that will get me back into with end goals still to do.

Almost at the end fuckery

Got to the escape pod, loaded all the mana, was missing 1 orb so had to find a tomb first. Back to it only to find i have to take on a horde of yokes from the shelter which i haven't beaten yet. Google tells me i can unlock sandbags which can help by beating ah earlier shelter. I have components to build 2 turrets and i have another 2 out in the map. Tempted to go back to them to dysmantle (hehe) to get the component back, if that even works. Then take out an earlier shelter with 4 turrets and give myself the best chance against this horde. Luckily I'm on level 4 of turrets from leveling up. Sickner, thought i would finish it tonight.

Yeah, that got me too! Was not expecting it.

I think I had done 1 up to that point, so I had nothing ready. I went off and did all the other ones first, as long as you destroy the turrets/etc as you move on, you get to keep the components if you have the upgrade blueprint crafted. There's an upgrade for the turrets too that gives you a different one, and I combo'd them at the end. But also had like 4 layers of sandbags covering nearly all of the mast, had to destroy a few because I couldn't get in to flip the switch!

Re: the Ark, that's not the worst. It didn't take too long in the end. There's a bit after that where I'm at, I severely underestimated how long it will take.

I underestimated how long this last part will take. But I'm slogging away, albeit I'm playing a few other games now again. I'm determined. I could just Google it, but even though it's a slog, I'm still somehow enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Advertisement

Okay, so end game stuff...

Okay so I had enough materials for 2 rocket turrets (could get enough for 1 more with the shelters i've left to find on the map.) and a ton of sandbags. Set up the finale and boom my turrets took out all my sandbags, I thought the rockets would just go over them :( Free for all then and I got wrecked. They destroyed 1 of my turrets as well.

So does that mean turrets are actually finite as there is only a certain amount of processing units to build them?

I think when they're destroyed you still get the parts back, but the main part does seem finite. But never got near using them all up.

I went with 4 guns, 2 below the steps, 2 just a bit further up, and 2 rockets just above the steps. In a line either side really. Then I put hapes of sandbags around the mast. Had all the upgrades too, so reloading wasn't as often. None got near really. Lost the 2 front guns. Had hapes of the control circuit thingies, but I cleared all the shelters beforehand. Pretty sure some shelters have them parts as found items in some shelters. Could have made more but didn't have enough building upgrades!

Tried again last night, wrecked again, this time my own fault as i rushed into the crowd to thin the horde and died quick. They destroyed 1 turret and i didn't get the parts back. How i have no circuit parts. Will have to go do all the shelters i think before trying again.

Okay, turns out i do get my parts back after sandbags and turrets are destroyed like you said. I didn't get them back last night, thought i was screwed but threw it on there and i had all my pieces waiting to build again. I have enough for 2 machine gun turrets and 1 rocket with about 47 sandbags. I nearly had the fuckers so i think either 2 turrets will do me. Off to the other shelters i go. Might finish off the last of the tombs are that. Damn this is so addictive.

And I personally think all totally worth it. I think FromSoftware need to have a chat with 10Tons on how to do a story with very little... /hides

Right, did some more shelters and have 5 circuit boards so either 5 machine guns or 2 rockets and 1 gun. Went back to the end bit and had a few goes but not finding a right placement yet. The rockets do great damage but they're eating through the sandbags so not worth it imo unless I'm just not using them correctly. I nearly have them though, determined to finish it but i might do 1 or 2 more shelters just to have the max firepower.

Create a funnel from the doors of the shelter up to the steps. Put the guns left/right of this covering 180 degrees from tunnel to steps. Put rocket launcher to the left/right of the top of the steps. Sandbags all behind covering the mast. The zombies will make a beeline for the mast, guns and rockets will make mince meat of them. Run around and reload as needed, rockets go quick.

Also, do you have the last slashing weapon?

Thanks for the tip! I was thinking of something similar today but just didn't know where to be place rockets without them doing more damage than i want. No, haven't got it but i read what i have to do to get it. Gonna do the last 2 shelters tonight. If i do them quick enough, might finish up the tombs.

So I've collected all fuel cells and half way through the Crown base. I'm guessing before I go near the final battle, I should do all shelters, unlock the Khopesh upgrade it and even unlock the rift tool?

• Advertisement

Definitely do the shelters and make sure to collect the circuitry part in each one to help build turrets. Potential might answer better but i believe the Rift tool is proper end game as in I'm waiting to do that after i finish the story.

Advertisement