Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIV Golf Invitational League...... NO Political/Ethical conflict posts, see Post#2

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It was just always that way ..were they ever asked...they are being asked now.

The majors are different.

But Thursday and Friday is a pointless exercise...imo.. one day fair enough..

But in general find all of golf too slow ..so could be me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

Less rounds make suits the lease stronger players as more chance of playing 3 good rounds instead of 4

So when liv complain about players not in majors they should point to Oosthuizen declining an invite to pga championship.

I assume Norman be all gone quiet again with no majors titles in liv hands at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

It is an interesting one - LIV had a good Thursday/Friday with 11 of 15 making the cut. But aside from Bryson (& to be fair Dean Burmeister with a T12) they would have to view the weekend as very disappointing.

The schedule & breaks gained by LIV really does to only seem to have had a long term positive impact on Bryson where he has actually improved his game since he left; 4 major top tens in 9 since he left; he had 2 in the previous 10. None of the other "top" LIV golfers have shown any sustained improvement (yes Koepka had a great win but hasn't kicked on like I expected).

Very depressing to see Rahm missing cut; Brookes with an uncompetitive T26; Joaquin T39; Cam Smith T63…

At least no * for Xander - Taylor Gooch with a solid T60 17 shots back…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Interesting note on twitter re Bryson. Everyone raving about his 243 yard 6i, which it transpires, has 22 degrees of loft.

Basically were saying he is a really long player, but that the stamps on his irons have no real bearing on what people know a traditional iron to be

Golf been like that for years now. I think a pw was 52 degrees when I started hitting a golf ball 30 years ago

Advertisement