Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hypomnesia

From what I can find online regarding SC, it shouldn't slow you down too much, extra criminal record and credit checks. I think you'll only be at risk if you've lived in countries not deemed as allies to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭crazyfire999

Question re pay:

How are PSNI officers only paid 24K? That’s absolutely bizarre no?

Does the environmental allowance apply monthly?

It seems like a very low income in comparison to the job, the duties and the danger.

just a thought…

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

They aren't paid only 24k a year?

It's £28,271/annum once out of Garnerville. The NITA is added to your salary

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Yeah it's an EU member and close ally so shouldn't flag up anything security wise. Credit check from then will be fun though, god it was an expensive place to live

Regarding to medical examination, I tore my ACL and cartilages back in 2015 but had reconstructive surgery and everything was back to normal. To date I have some pain now and again, but will this be a red flag at all does anyone know?

• Advertisement

I asked a similar question in the 2020 posts and asked a serving officer, they basically said they just ask you if you think you can handle it and let you judge yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Just on the news that stormont won't be back up and running for a while yet so fingers crossed they keep with the process and don't scrap it this year 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Can't see the scrapping it but just not holding another recruitment for a while maybe

Hopefully that is the case, dont really want to have re-apply and go through the whole process again lol especially the a/c given how tricky it is to score points lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

I really wouldn't imagine them scrapping our campaign, imagine the money it costs for recruitment with Deloitte. Police officers are needed no matter if we have stormont or not. Keeping our fingers & toes crossed

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed we hear from psni next week confirming our merit numbers and confirmation of the vetting forms being sent out for completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Do you reckon you’d be able to get Vetting papers sent to a station? Post usually goes missing and sent to neighbors and being from a “ropey” area I’d prefer not to have something like that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I meant sent to me. I’d rather pick them up instead of sent to my home

I'd imagine they would only send it to your address on file tbh

How do you find out your merit number?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Email received, although I was being hopeful they would include our M.L position.

From looking back at last years campaign, they received assessment centre results on the 18th May, then received their M.L position on the 25th May. This year is slightly different as we had the 'right to work' check in between, but I think getting a M.L by the end of next week will be the case.

🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Im still gonna be optimistic and hopeful for Friday 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Do we get Vetting forms to complete after merit list score.

Hope Fitness test is not too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

You could be right! and I hope you are! lol

@johnny990 I have no idea regarding vetting forms, also don't know if everyone receives them or if it is in merit list order, but as for the PCA, I would say dates could be given soon enough, especially for those at the top of the merit list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

Vetting forms were sent out in stages for us in 2020, like blocks of 100 every few months, again, because of delays I don’t know how it will work. My only advice is be prepared for long periods of hearing absolutely nothing. My last correspondence was March and no update since. Have been appointable since February

What grade or ML no we’re you? I’m guessing A* and A candidates are on a good foot to get appointed quicker if vetting etc goes well?

Can’t remember grade but I’m in the 700’s on the ML, obviously the higher grades will get started the PSNI managed stages sooner but then will also have to wait for longer on the other side, there’s 160 of us sitting appointable so the 2021 group will be added to the back of our line

To the hell with that haha - weird that they would recruit then not appoint people.

We’re just waiting on places becoming available for training! We will get an offer, eventually haha sooner of the government would form and approve a budget

Just wondering, in normal times (pre covid and pre curfuffle on the hill) how big were intakes to GV and how long roughly between one intake starting and the next one starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

@OldBenTheHermit did you get a grade scoring? I’m also around 700 in 2020 campaign and appointable, but I don’t ever remember a grade such as A, B etc…

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Nope. Regardless of competition.

The "line" as you put it only refers to folk appointable.

Plenty of folk appointable from 1810 leapfrogged 1710ers.

I was in one of the first 1810s to start and there were plenty of 1710ers in our course.

The assessment centres are directly comparable so people say 1-100ML 2021 are higher scores than someone 700-750ML 2020

Offers are made in order of merit of who's appointable. They undoubtedly will have say 75% of places on a course for the earlier campaign. But they won't delay appointable folk starting just because they applied later

Your email with your AC results you got last year doesn't tell you your specific grade, but it does have a table showing the grade bands and the marks for each grade, leaving you to work it out for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

@NeeNaw21 thats strange, I put in an information request and they said the appointable people from 2020 have priority over this campaign, maybe changed it now

Advertisement