Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

In the 2020 intake wasn't it 7 days between the merit list being passed to the PSNI and the candidates getting their number?

Also jumping on the prediction bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

haha it's torture isn't it? 😂

I'm refreshing my emails a few dozen times a day, woke up at 4am this mornng needing the loo and obviously refreshed again then, just incase

My M.L Number is 100-120.

• Advertisement

I love being right,

Same I'm in the 100-120 bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

In the 150-170 bracket, hopefully won't have wait long for vetting etc

Is our merit list mixed in with the remaining 2020s or are we a completely new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hypomnesia

Well done on getting so high in the merit list guys, smashed it! I'm in the 800-820 range. Still a long way away before I'll be polishing my boots for GV haha

No, it should be a completely seperate merit list as it's a different campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

My Merit score is less than 100 - well pleased.

Email says there will be a delay in next stages. Wonder if they plan vetting. PCA now or will leave it a few months.

Vetting would be the most logical to come first because of the time frame it can take to be processed and cleared. Really is smoke and mirrors at the moment unfortunately.

Surely getting vetting started soon would make more sense to get people appointable quickly if vetting takes a few months for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

Email through, in the 800-850 range.

I've waited long enough to earn my way onto the merit list so don’t care how far down the pecking order I am, just happy to be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehills4

Email through ML 660-680 now onto the next wait this is going to be a long few years here's hoping the hill get their affairs sorted and budget secured pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

In the 700s range. Gonna be a long wait but worth it down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

360-390, Let’s hope we all get moving sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

830-850 range, not great given waiting times but at least I'm there, thousands try every year and never get the opportunity so happy enough. Just have to bear the daily grind a while longer. Email was very positive aswell

Just don't put your life on hold for it mate, enjoy yourself. The call will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehills4

5,311 application's for this campaign so everyone on the list has done excellent just a matter of time and politics now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

The day I don't predict the email coming through and it comes through 😅 got merit list of 220-250

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

More than likely the police won't be opening another campaign for a fair amount of time.

So think of it this way, no matter your ML position you've beaten 4249 other people.

YOU have a chance they have none.

Things may be slow but you're still in the queue.

If you've a decent job atm carry on normal jogging.

If you're in the process of getting a new job, take it.

The call will come, it may be a long while but it will come.

If you're at uni still, continue being blocked 4 nights of the week lol.

There's loads of well paying agency jobs (and reasonably interesting) out there that are the perfect waiting room too if you're a school leaver, uni leaver or just in a bit of limbo atm.

Also look at the stats for the last 2 campaigns, yes there's 1062 on the ML atm but you're only really in a queue 600-700 long as a large chunk will withdraw, fail stages or are currently in the 2020 campaign just waiting on an offer.

This is probably the best positive vibe passage I’ve seen on this. Gave me a little bit of a boost with everything ahead, no matter what your merit list number is your on the list, whilst others aren’t! Congratulations to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭crazyfire999

160-180 on merit list.

Well done everyone.

Patience is a wonderful thing.

Go and enjoy the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Patience is key. We will get there in the end.

Definitely a glass half full comment lol makes sense aswell and reassuring. My friend said, think can change overnight and the process could be accelerated so just crack on and the next stages will shortly follow. Looking forward to it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Well done everyone who got good news. Feels like such a long time coming.

seeing peoples comments about ML bracket 100-150 etc. is that was it tells you on the email?

my email gives me an exact number?

You are advised not to give exact details on here mate 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Yea email gives exact no. We norm don't disclose exact no on here cos of security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CG97

Ahh yeah. Thought that was the in case. Was worried incase I missed something 😂👍🏻

Advertisement