Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Even the highest scorers in this campaign though, by the time we go through PCA, Vetting, SMT and medical you may find most of the 2020 will naturally be used up, depending of what happens with stormont and finance I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Priority doesn't mean they won't start them.

I.e. majority of places set aside for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Unknown117

Are we all hoping for a wee email tomorrow?🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Hopefully the PSNI recruitment team feel generous today and send us a email to make our weekends 🤞🏼

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Advertisement

Will it come from the same Email we have been getting stuff from so far or will it be a different email addresss? obviously don’t want the specific address posted on here just curious to see if anyone knows

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

It says on the last email you received, the psni will contact you directly and they provide their email address also

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Hope I'm jinxing it but that email today is looking less and less likely

Looks like you did jinx it!

Should definitely hear some sort of update this week.

• Advertisement

Here's hoping for a Monday update to get rid of those Monday blues 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

How soon could we expect to see the PCA?

Could we expect to see it next month, 3 Months, 6 Months?

Also are the PCA invitations based on Merit Score?

Yeah it depends on your merit score how soon it will be. Ie someone who is 50 will be before someone who is 150..

When they will start is a harder answer as far as I know it only lasts 6 months. So depends when they are intaking

Though someone else might have other info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

If PCA only last 6 Months. Doesn't seem likely they will be soon as prob nobody starting until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

PCA lasts the duration of your recruitment process

Will be interesting to what happens over next 12 months. Current number sitting at 6948 officers which includes 160 students. The ndna agreement was to have 7500 officers and with approx 300 leaving each year, you could find the recruitment process being accelerated at some stage. Just going to have to hang tight everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Hopefully we hear something by end of the week or next.

Fingers crossed, hopeful we will at least get an email this week. Interested to see how many are on merit list this year, applications where fairly down so wouldn't be surprised if merit list is smaller which can only be a good thing for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭georgie1305

Merit list will be roughly the same size.

Its why the pass mark changes each time. They adjust it to allow a certain number through i believe. At least, I think that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blair0102

Is there anyone else on here that’s also applied and is waiting for the prison service? I applied for both as they both were advertised around the same time

• Advertisement

I applied for prison service, passed exam but apparently didn't score high enough to move on to the next phase lol! So I'm on some waiting list or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blair0102

I passed the interview and I’m waiting now for medicals and background checks for it. As someone said previous, civil service isn’t a bad waiting place for the police

Thats what I thought but someone else mentioned it might be smaller. This year seen the lowest amount of applications by some amount compared to last 4/5 campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Couldn't pay me to be a prison officer.

All leave is pre-detailed for the year, no additional payments for public holidays, working a landing meant to have a 5:1 ratio prisoner to officer but actually has 10:1.

Nah you're ok

Fair play to those that do it but no no no

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

I applied & got through but it was only 2nd best to psni, retracted it once i passed the AC

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭georgie1305

Don't know about you guys but I woke up with a feeling... Today could be the day... Though the feeling could potentially be the dodgy chippy I had last night but I'm still hoping it's merit list day 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Boneyard2002

You hoped for a Monday update and now a Tuesday,

I don’t think mystic Meg is on your side 🤣 I’m the same mate. I can’t eat chippys because I’d be like the river gangas.

I mean one of these days I'm gonna be right 😂 though I say that about the lotto too

• Advertisement

You're going to have to make a prediction each day now, I know you will get it right eventually if you keep predicting lol

Advertisement